Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Little bit more than 2 weeks left, anyone else interested? @Members

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'm out of this 1, cant get on with the track at all.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
You sure? It probably just needs some practice like for Daytona
yeah did a lot of practice last year and done some track time this year, just cant seem to get to grips with it

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well check with your VEC colleagues :)
Well, I would be a complete ass if I would ask them to let me do iracing instead of my first official VEC race. Choice wasn't so hard. :D

Blue Monkey

Reaction score

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There's only 1 car for this and hasnt been changed from last year so the setup still works! Z4! Can drive others to get a team spot

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
IN IN IN IN IN - preferably the Merc

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, I would be a complete ass if I would ask them to let me do iracing instead of my first official VEC race. Choice wasn't so hard. :D
Well your VEC Team consists of 5 drivers. Not forcing you into iRacing. Just speak with them :p

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Has anybody got a setup they could send over to me that I can test with (BMW)?

MerlinC

Community Member
Reaction score
Would be interested in joining a team driving the Z4. Any spot left in aZ4 team?

P.S.: Did not like the PDS setup - but VRS from last year was good.

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So iRacing has bopped the cars.

I will do some testing later and post my thoughts on each car, it might help people make a decision on what car they want

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok so I took each car up and around the mountain apart from the Porsche cup car and well, the results speak for themselves.

Before you read this, if you're used to driving any of the cars pre bop, you're in for a treat - they handle completely different.

Macca
As suspected, its a death trap. Car feels good under brakes and in the slower corners, but over turns 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 20 it just wants to get away from you, would need some extensive setup work to get the time out of it but it has potential.
Personal Rating: 4/10

Ferrari
This is probably the best car to drive at the moment, however the 10kg adds a lot of weight to the front, it feels understeery, however it is incredibly stable over the mountain - work to be done with the braking, but otherwise a decent car andvery safe.
Personal Rating: 7/10

Mercedes
The boat of the lot and yes it is with the +10kg, its sharp to turn in and the rear is ok. If you smash the throttle out of 4, it will tank slapper on you but its manageable. Over 6 and into 7 the rear is slightly loose, but through 9 and 10 it's on point. I wouldn't touch the exit kerb of 10 though. Steady under braking but a little on edge, but the laptimes are rewarding.
Personal Rating: 9/10

Z4
What on earth have they done to this. +15kg makes it feel incredibly weird to drive, the front initially is not there, but once you have a turn going it's fine, very stable over the mountain and under braking, however I drive this the most out of all the GT3's. Although in saying that, this feels so much different to how it normally does. The safest over the mountain, it is planted out of 4, through 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
Personal Rating: 8/10

Audi

I want to love this car, I really do. I used to drive when I first came to the service but I know that it can be a little iffy on the brakes. There is no bop with this car and that is fine, the car was slightly underpowered anyway, it still feels a little understeery and slow to drive, however the lap time is there or there abouts. It feels safe anyway and with practice, I could do faster times.
Personal Rating: 7/10

For me personally, I always prefer the Z4, but I can drive and will happily drive anything, obviously would like to avoid the McLaren.

I did all my testing on a 35 degree track temp, 100% track state. I then peered into the lower temps and some of the car characteristics were still there, namely the McLaren and the Mercedes. The Ferrari felt a little understeery at higher temps but that's to be expected.

In terms of raw speed, Ferrari topped the speed traps, followed by the McLaren then the Z4. The Mercedes and Audi were slightly slower but about the same.

I hope that helps.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

MerlinC

Community Member
Reaction score
Would Team Blue drive the BMW Z4? Did most of the practise with the Z4 and a little bit with the Audi - had a very bad experience with the Macca at Bathurst.

@David Siska @CatchAGlimpse: What is your car preference? Would you be fine with the Z4?

P.S.: Using a VRS setup from last year and can do consistent 2:03 mid. Best lap time in the practise session in the middle of the run was 2:02.7

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Would Team Blue drive the BMW Z4? Did most of the practise with the Z4 and a little bit with the Audi - had a very bad experience with the Macca at Bathurst.

@David Siska @CatchAGlimpse: What is your car preference? Would you be fine with the Z4?

P.S.: Using a VRS setup from last year and can do consistent 2:03 mid. Best lap time in the practise session in the middle of the run was 2:02.7
I'm happy with any choice as I don't currently own any of the GT3 cars, I would however only like to buy one of them!

Users who are viewing this thread