Project CARS 2 1st Jul 2018 - Knights de la Sarthe (2 Viewers)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY @Puffpirat @Nooonotreally @fab. ICEMAN @CatchAGlimpse @GosuNoob @Feanor
Do you already know what your laptimes might be in LMP1?
I just saw Puffi's 3:12.514 in TT:blackalien: (any chance you have this recorded?), thinking it might be better to give my seat to ProjectPD...
With the Audi and Toyota I managed to set the WR, 3:09.6 with Audi and 3:12.5 with the Toyota. With the Porsche I’m 1.5s off WR pace with a 3:11.7.

The question will be how that translates to race pace because you can use the boost slightly differently in TT.

With Audi and Toyota I struggled to even regenerate enough boost to fully utilize the over a lap available KERS energy (6/8MJ).

The Porsche on the other hand recharges on throttle through its turbo system, so you always have enough juice in the battery. Here I had the problem that I often ran out of the 8MJ before the lap was finished.

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
Hm...@t0daY I do not see my name on the GTE list although I applied quite early.. see post #27

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Ranj1977 (Ranjanado)
Class: LMP1
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Looking at the LMP1 field makes me a bit wet to be honest. Some of the fastest guys here going head to head in these cars. Gotta say, looking forward to getting lapped for the first time probably. What is racepace in GTE looking like? I'm around mid 54s to low 55s depending on the car, but I think there is quite a bit more to gain.

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
Race pace will be about 54 / 55s (for me anyway..)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: Ranj1977 (Ranjanado)
Class: LMP1
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Same for you as I did with Kobus and Erik. Please be 110% sure you are not creating a sub-class in the LMP1 class. We have currently a crazy driver field in LMP1 and I am really afraid this wouldnt be fun for either you and us.

Again, if you are 110% sure you want to drive and compete in the LMP1 class against @Puffpirat and Co. be my guest :)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
With the Audi and Toyota I managed to set the WR, 3:09.6 with Audi and 3:12.5 with the Toyota. With the Porsche I’m 1.5s off WR pace with a 3:11.7.

The question will be how that translates to race pace because you can use the boost slightly differently in TT.

With Audi and Toyota I struggled to even regenerate enough boost to fully utilize the over a lap available KERS energy (6/8MJ).

The Porsche on the other hand recharges on throttle through its turbo system, so you always have enough juice in the battery. Here I had the problem that I often ran out of the 8MJ before the lap was finished.
Interesting, thanks for sharing! From what I remember from 2016, I thought the Toyota's had the fastest laptimes...
Also I thought I'll be able to generate energy by coasting, but apparently I would have to use the brakes at least a bit.
Tried some TT laps, 3.14 with Toyota, 3.15 with 919 and on my first lap with Audi 3.12, how can it be so much faster :eek:
I want to find out how much Porsche gains in race pace, by having some excess energy to use on the start of next lap.

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah that P1 field is scary fast.. this will be super interesting lol

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Interesting, thanks for sharing! From what I remember from 2016, I thought the Toyota's had the fastest laptimes...
Also I thought I'll be able to generate energy by coasting, but apparently I would have to use the brakes at least a bit.
Tried some TT laps, 3.14 with Toyota, 3.15 with 919 and on my first lap with Audi 3.12, how can it be so much faster :eek:
I want to find out how much Porsche gains in race pace, by having some excess energy to use on the start of next lap.
2016 the Porsches were the fastest in qualifying ahead of Toyota and Audi, all within about 2s, but yeah on race pace the Toyota was the car to beat, for 23h and 56 mins :facepalm:

I think here it will be between the Porsche and Audi on race pace.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think here it will be between the Porsche and Audi on race pace.

Just wondering out loud, even though I'm not in LMP1, if anybody tested the LMP1 cars and the different deployments in the rain? Is the Toyota easier due to the KERS power being distributed to all wheels (or that's how I understand it)? That last weather slot makes it kind of interesting.

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is the Toyota easier due to the KERS power being distributed to all wheels (or that's how I understand it)? That last weather slot makes it kind of interesting.

As far as I know, all 3 of the cars distribute the power to all wheels.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Just wondering out loud, even though I'm not in LMP1, if anybody tested the LMP1 cars and the different deployments in the rain? Is the Toyota easier due to the KERS power being distributed to all wheels (or that's how I understand it)? That last weather slot makes it kind of interesting.
I found that using KERS on Toyota to deal with oversteer is not working that well even on dry.
You can always use it on straights only.

23h and 56 mins :facepalm:
Don't remind me that! :dead:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
From Caseys physics post:
Engine is a 2.4L V6 twin turbo compared to Porsche's 2.0L V4, and both make around the same 500hp in a wide band from 5,000-8,000rpm due to fuel flow restrictions of the 8MJ energy class. Main point where they differ is the hybrid system. Porsche run regenerative braking on the front axle plus an MGH unit taking excess exhaust energy from the turbo to charge a battery which powers a motor on the front axle alone. Toyota don't do turbo-compounding, but do take regenerative braking from both axles and then deploy hybrid energy to both axles as well; the only one of the three 2016 cars to send extra power to the rears via the hybrid system. I like very much what this does to the car’s handling. In the Audi or Porsche, you can sometimes catch yourself out using the hybrid too early when exiting a turn, spin the front wheels a bit and waste time+energy+cornering power. The Toyota, on the other hand, is only pushing 150kW to the front tires instead of 300kW, so it is a little easier to get on the hybrid boost early without upsetting balance of the car. Does a better job at equalizing tire temperatures and wear (at least for my driving) even if there might be instances where it gives up a little performance when the rears can't handle the full 700hp and it kicks into the traction control. Takes a slightly different driving style than the point & shoot Porsche or Audi, but all three are super close in performance over a lap by the end.

So they all are 4WD, but the Toyota splits the boost. This is why you(@Hujkis) don't feel the KERS to be as effective to counter oversteer as it is in the Porsche and Audi. I do quite like the way the Toyotas KERS works, sometime the other two just stray off track when you boost and the car isn't pointing exactly in the right direction.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
OK, I don't think I'm gonna step down and let @ProjectPD race with the big boys.
I've done a few laps with full tank and safe pace and the Audi is at least 2 sec faster than 919. Toyota is even slower.
Man, I don't want to drive that tractor with seat on the wrong side. With Porsche, I would be doing 3.17s, 3.16s and if all the aliens will be doing 3.12-3.14, that as Manu said, would be creating a lmp1 subclass.
It was fine last Sunday, when I was the only one driving the RWD and not Ligier, since I had the pace and was fighting for at least some positions, even though "Whoosier" crashed into me on parade lap, but 4 seconds off pace is not cool.

Race pace wise I am currently at high 14'. But there is def. more to gain :)
Even if I would go for Audi, I would probably be much slower..

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
OK, I don't think I'm gonna step down and let @ProjectPD race with the big boys.
I've done a few laps with full tank and safe pace and the Audi is at least 2 sec faster than 919. Toyota is even slower.
Man, I don't want to drive that tractor with seat on the wrong side. With Porsche, I would be doing 3.17s, 3.16s and if all the aliens will be doing 3.12-3.14, that as Manu said, would be creating a lmp1 subclass.
It was fine last Sunday, when I was the only one driving the RWD and not Ligier, since I had the pace and was fighting for at least some positions, even though "Whoosier" crashed into me on parade lap, but 4 seconds off pace is not cool.

Better start practice then. We can get you up the speed, it's just the matter of investing enough time to practice :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
From Caseys physics post:

So they all are 4WD, but the Toyota splits the boost. This is why you(@Hujkis) don't feel the KERS to be as effective to counter oversteer as it is in the Porsche and Audi. I do quite like the way the Toyotas KERS works, sometime the other two just stray off track when you boost and the car isn't pointing exactly in the right direction.
Torque steer for the win :D

(for the record, that is exactly what's happening)

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score

I did watch Whoosier punt you and I was mightily concerned.
On a positive note, you are damn fast in that RWD, we held very similar paces and you were in a car which is notoriously "slower." You can do it man!

Users who are viewing this thread