iRacing 24h Daytona - 21st January 2017 | 13:00 GMT (3 Viewers)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Driver Update

Mercedes AMG GT3 [1]: [COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]@t0daY[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ffa64d]@TonyR[/COLOR], [COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]@Blue Monkey[/COLOR] & [COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]@Puffpirat[/COLOR]
Mercedes AMG GT3 [2]: [COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]@Yorkie_065[/COLOR], [COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]@ramiboo[/COLOR], [COLOR=#00b300]@Mr Beas[/COLOR] & [COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]@Imthecrabby[/COLOR]
Mercedes AMG GT3 [3]: [COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]@Bassetts[/COLOR], [COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]@2scoops[/COLOR], [COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]@Battenberg[/COLOR] & [COLOR=#ffa64d]@Gxbbs[/COLOR]
Mercedes AMG GT3 [4]: [COLOR=#00b300]@FlyingKman[/COLOR], [COLOR=#00b300]@Corbs[/COLOR], [COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 0)]@Alex du Plessis[/COLOR] & [COLOR=#ff0000]@Zincau[/COLOR]

Spoke to @TonyR, he is still undecided. Hopefully we will get a decision in the next 1-2 days.
Spoke also to @Gxbbs, unfortunately it will be likely that he won't participate.
@Corbs mentioned right now in teamspeak that he will race to 100% :)
@Zincau did not say anything yet. I guess he won't be driving with us.

Not so great at all, any suggestions?

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY Not so great? You have tons of drivers haha. Start thinking about consolidating the other cars. You have a few options actually.

1. Tony decides to race. Cars 1 and 2 are locked in. Consolidate Cars 3 & 4 into just Car 3. Meaning 6 drivers for that car. It's not unheard of to have that many drivers anyways. Advantage being you get more rest in between stints. I would have Bassetts and or Battenberg do first and second stint. That should be more than enough to spread out the field and give the others a little more confidence when it's their turn to go.

2. Tony doesn't race. If that happens you're gonna have to pull someone from Car 2 or even 3 and 4. Again combine 3 & 4 into just Car 3 with 5 drivers.

I would heavily advise against running 3 people only for the first car. I know you guys have done it before but the chance of errors will significantly increase through the night but that's up to you guys and everyone else.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Nice of Gxbbs to let us know :punch:

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
If TonyR confirms we could race car 2 and 3 with 5 drivers each.

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Confirm, I am so excited. I am happy with car number 4.
@Corbs and @Zincau, can any of you stream? I really want our car to be streamed also as I have family and friends that wants to watch.

I would like to volunteer my machine to stream this if there is a way to do so without me entering? I won't be available for much of the race but I can set it up and leave the computer running from start to finish no problem.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I would like to volunteer my machine to stream this if there is a way to do so without me entering? I won't be available for much of the race but I can set it up and leave the computer running from start to finish no problem.

You can join as a spectator and stream all the time a certain camera, that is not a problem :)

If TonyR confirms we could race car 2 and 3 with 5 drivers each.

That would be the "best" solution. All eyes on @TonyR :D

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Toooooooony & Giiiiiiiiiiiibbbbbx get your butts into GEAR PLEEEEAAAAASE
Not sure that will help but I am trying.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Eventhough the 22nd is my birthday, I'm willing to get the mercedes & Daytona and help out to get the 4 teams going strong. Dispite having never driven the mercedes besides testing or anyone of you know how I drive :D So let me know asap, so I could test in time / do BSS at Daytona.
Currently 2400 iR B2.73

Last edited:

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Eventhough the 22nd is my birthday, I'm willing to get the mercedes & Daytona and help out to get the 4 teams going strong. Dispite having never driven the mercedes besides testing or anyone of you know how I drive :D So let me know asap, so I could test in time / do BSS at Daytona.
Currently 2400 iR B2.73

OOOOH nice one, there is still quite a bit of time to put the practice in as well as setups to be collected from us who are driving so please do not hesitate to join in with our practice sessions and practice by yourself when there are no sessions on. I doubt Manu or the others will object in you participating. That is of course if Manu is not in one of his ANGRY GERMAN MOODS again.
See you on track. (more often than not how many points deduction is that Manu?):)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Currently 2400 iR B2.73

OOOOH nice one, there is still quite a bit of time to put the practice in as well as setups to be collected from us who are driving so please do not hesitate to join in with our practice sessions and practice by yourself when there are no sessions on. I doubt Manu or the others will object in you participating. That is of course if Manu is not in one of his ANGRY GERMAN MOODS again.
See you on track. (more often than not how many points deduction is that Manu?):)

No it is awesome. More people is always nice :) If TonyR is now confirming we need 1 more driver and we can run with 4 cars again with 4 drivers each :)

Otherwise someone gives me a second account and I help out a team #thiswillbesick :D

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No it is awesome. More people is always nice :) If TonyR is now confirming we need 1 more driver and we can run with 4 cars again with 4 drivers each :)

Otherwise someone gives me a second account and I help out a team #thiswillbesick :D

Logging in on paypal ;)

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score

Mine is still available. Was only going to use it to stream one of oir cars at the event.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mine is still available. Was only going to use it to stream one of oir cars at the event.

Was more like a joke, but if really 1 driver is missing and someone is willing to share his account couple people from other cars could help out :) (Obviously if its not too much for others, I would do it :p)

But I really like the idea of you streaming. Gives an additional point of view!

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Looks like Manu had his milk and cookies today he is to tooo kind and looks to be as strong as an ox wanting to help driving in the other teams.:cool:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For the people that want to have a real racing element to their training for the 24hours. IMSA is running Daytona Night (75 minutes) which is slightly longer then a full stint I believe. I'll be doing it a few times this week.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can't... Otherwise my iRating raises and @Yorkie_065 is unable to catch me, therefore we won't be in the same split ;) :p

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
After confirming that I can make it, my wheel has now broke. Logitech are sending me a replacement as its still in warranty and I was told over the phone it should take 5-7 days so I should still be able to race.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Would it be possible to have 4 teams in the single split? Or was the plan to get 2 teams togetter in the split (x2)
Got no idea at the moment since I don't know who's at what iR and what the team iR average is.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Would it be possible to have 4 teams in the single split? Or was the plan to get 2 teams togetter in the split (x2)
Got no idea at the moment since I don't know who's at what iR and what the team iR average is.

Will be difficult. Yorkies and my iRating are around 3500. @Yorkie_065 tries to catch me currently so Car 1 and Car 2 will be in the same split (which is never to 100% safe). I would say that Car 3 and Car 4 (if we will run 4 cars) trying to be in the same split aswell?

Users who are viewing this thread