iRacing 24h Daytona - 21st January 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

The 24 Hours of Daytona is a 24-hour endurance race held at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, FL. It marks the first major auto race of the year in the United States. It also marks the start of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, known as the Rolex 24.

Date: 21st January 2017, 13:00 GMT
Cars: Corvette C7 DP, Audi R8 LMS GT3, Mercedes AMG GT3, BMW Z4 GT3
Ingame Time: Night
License: Minimum C-license required to participate (D4.0 and higher)

After the more or less succesful 24 hour race at le mans, @Yorkie_065 and I were thinking we really should start to organise stuff earlier. So for now this will be a generel interest thread for the Daytona 24 hour race :)

Provisional Teams:
Mercedes AMG GT3 [1]: @t0daY, @Puffpirat, @Blue Monkey & @JetPistol (Account of Elmo)
Mercedes AMG GT3 [2]: @Yorkie_065, @ramiboo, @Mr Beas & @Imthecrabby
Mercedes AMG GT3 [3]: @Bassetts, @2scoops, @Battenberg & @Dutchtastic
Mercedes AMG GT3 [4]: @FlyingKman, @Corbs, @Alex du Plessis & TBA (Account of AlexSalmon)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Last year it was DP + GT3. I am certainly sure those will be the classes for the next event aswell.

I am up for this, Endurance race number 7 for me :)

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
ramiboo said he was keen to make some kind of b-team car that I could participate in but I would actually have to play iRacing and get a C-license for that to happen. Not to mention learn Daytona and learn how iRacing works. :p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ramiboo said he was keen to make some kind of b-team car that I could participate in but I would actually have to play iRacing and get a C-license for that to happen. Not to mention learn Daytona and learn how iRacing works. :p

Thats why I created this thread so early. We can get new people throug, give you advice how to get fast your license and so on :)

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
:) It's literally been one of my dreams to participate in a full endurance race since I was like 13 so I would be honoured to join a team that would accept my pathetic pace. I've been waiting for PCars 2 for this feature to actually work but I would be happy to put in a stupid amount of practice to try and get up to a reasonable pace in iRacing. :)

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm in and also have all the GT3s. Can get the DP, but slower ppl should drive slower cars.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I could only ever drive a GT car. Prototypes and I just don't work on a cellular level.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Rule Number 1 in endurance races, pace does not matter!!

My crash at Le Mans cost us 10 minutes in the pits (worst case irreparable damage which affects the pace after the crash).
If you are now 3-4 seconds slower a lap, you would have "lost" us in Le Mans (avg. 70 laps per driver) 230-280 seconds (3min50sec - 4min40sec).

Reduce the risk and drive safe. Consistency and careful driving are the keys. Do not do those stupid lapping moves I did at Le Mans :/

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Well I can do that! That's the only way I've ever been able to gain positions is keep out of other people's incidents. :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm keen to be involved and earn a race seat, even if I can't race in the end, I'd like to help with practice and setup tuning.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I want to avenge myself from last year's race, sign me up!

You drove the very first endurance stint in RSR history. Your double stint was just brilliant, everybody was so much afraid if you can remember :D :D

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
I am in, don't have iRacing just yet but am and will be getting it very soon, so I am not even a rookie as of yet :) The parts I watched in all the RSR Endurances was just awesome and like MR Sausage said by no means fast but have been getting better lately and been far more consistent as well.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I may be interested in this if money and time allow, I think I have the C class licence already (although my membership lapsed so long ago its hard to be sure) so would only need a car, the track and some practice. I might also do better with the cockpit camera now that I have a bigger monitor and can sit closer to it.

As others have mentioned, I would be much more interested in GT than Prototype, but if we are running two cars then why not make it one of each.

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
@Pamellaaa Then again we might have more guys than we bargained for which will make it more fascinating. Oki now in dream world - imagining - 4 RSR blue liveries and all, 2 protos and 2 GT's - Gasp what a site. Oh dammit was just a dream for now we will only know in the future not impossible though.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
that's nice Oki, but I think it's tricky to get us all into the same split/lobby. They slice and dice splits on iRating so it'll probably be a sight that we don't see in real life for the time being. Something to maybe have on the horizon though. :D

I must say, doing this whole iRacing thing with friends is awesome. It's always felt like a pretty lonely game to me because of how they split the races.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im up for it i can renew my subscription but wont be able to afford anymore cars i think i have 3 gt3 cars if not i have the ruf and mclaren for sure....think iv got the merc too but cant be sure lol...so if you decide to use the ruf or mclaren i have set ups from very quick drivers on iracing...

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
The Ruf GT3 has been thrown out of BSS and the GT3 classes at endurance events.

BTW, with Daytona's emphasis on top speed: don't choose the Bimmer. Even after the BoP changes it is too slow.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely interested, don't have Daytona or the CR7 at the moment, but do have the Audi,Merc & Mclaren. I will need to pickup a couple more tracks to finish the Blancpain Sprint Series this season so can always add Daytona for a 3 piece discount.

Users who are viewing this thread