iRacing 24h Daytona - 21st January 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Will be difficult. Yorkies and my iRating are around 3500. @Yorkie_065 tries to catch me currently so Car 1 and Car 2 will be in the same split (which is never to 100% safe). I would say that Car 3 and Car 4 (if we will run 4 cars) trying to be in the same split aswell?

Yeah with 2 guys in the 3500 that's not possible to even out the rest of the teams. Goodluck in split 2 under the aliens :D
We could force the other teams to be in the same split by calculating the average and keeping it as close as possible so the chance that they are in a different split is minimal.

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Is this really possible? How do they calculate the splits (short version please)? If the teams 1&2 were in the same split and 3&4 in the same split how would that effect the race for us? Would it be a good or bad thing? Just some questions popping up.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It usually takes the average of the iRating of your team. But there is a little "trick":

Only the driver with the highest iRating registers for the session. After you join into the session (after the calculation of the splits has been done) the other teammates can join. This way the iRating of the team will be the iRating of the lonely driver who registered earlier.

That's why mostly Yorkie and myself will start the race because we have both the highest iRating of our cars. Hope I explained it good enough^^

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Talking of tactics and trickery, there will be a lot of us that haven't raced in an iRacing team event before, so we won't know how to set things up or what procedures we need to follow during the race, we are going to need help on this. :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Talking of tactics and trickery, there will be a lot of us that haven't raced in an iRacing team event before, so we won't know how to set things up or what procedures we need to follow during the race, we are going to need help on this. :D

We can do a test run with our own server with proper teams. Should be not a problem ;)

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah i'm keen to mess around with the pit stopping and driver transitions as I've not done those before, so this will be of great value.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I'd not done it before the 24h le mans so was a little unsure about it, but in hindsight it's actually pretty straight forward. As long as you practice the pit entry many many times!!

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
My current iRating is 3218, Manu's is 3387. If I get two more decent races in Proto GT, I should be able to hit into the 3300's and that should be close enough for cars 1 and 2 to be in the same split. I'm also keen to do some of the IMSA stuff this week at Daytona to get more used to racing other people rather than just letting them past, or them letting me past in practice session. It's a bit of a risk with iRating, but the experience could be valuable with knowing how the car performs over the course of a stint in proper race conditions.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just finished my first IMSA race with one of the setups. Tirewear was decent with 93% left, but the front just started to really crawl away from the apex the further I got into the stint. It's something I'll look into. Pace wise it kept up really well, even in my unexperienced hands after a touch against a tire wall. 45's - 46's should be possible to maintain over a stint, with some practice at the chicane maybe 44-45's
Besides, has anyone else driven the setups and noticed that entering the chicane is really unstable or is it just me?

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
has anyone else driven the setups and noticed that entering the chicane is really unstable or is it just me

The bus-stop is just pure faith for me, get a different entry/exit into it everytime I take it, struggle to get it to rotate through the corner and get the power back down.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Latest setup from car 1 can be found here :)

Attachments

• 24H Daytona - Car 1 - V3.sto
    2 KB · Views: 363

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Team 3's latest setup (v8). Still a work in progress. Next thing to try out:

Didn't manage to get a race in as iRacing was updating. So, had a play with the Toe, first I put the rear to +4, it really settled the rear under heavy breaking and was more settled through the bus stop, I was able to do 45.2's quite consistently.

Then I put the rear back to what it was and then changed front Toe to -3 or -4, whichever it is. It turns nicely through the bus stop, I was able to get into the high 1.44's for the first time without and slipstream.

Try it and see what you think.

Attachments

• 24H Daytona - Car 3 - V8.sto.sto
    2 KB · Views: 391

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
VRS finally have posted their AMG Daytona lap. You can also grab the setup they used. I would compare your setup to theirs. Great way to learn what's different and why.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
One thing I did notice in the video is that at the bus stop he isn't getting on the power until nearly the 3rd apex and coasting between the 1st and 2nd apex before changing down to 3rd gear.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I notice car 1 setup has 0 front toe, the closest we can get to 0 is +2/-3 how come?

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I notice car 1 setup has 0 front toe, the closest we can get to 0 is +2/-3 how come?
Different caster and camber settings. Those three influence each other and toe can only be changed in about 0.5 steps on the car.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
It's no wonder I get confused with setups :banghead:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's no wonder I get confused with setups :banghead:
Lol yeah it's a bit difficult in iRacing. They take the real car approach where all suspension settings are interlinked.

You can add ride height too, that also changes camber etc.

Like @miagi once fittingly said, in pCARS you basically have an engineer that helps you. You change camber and the game keeps the other values where they where, in iRacing you have to be careful and do it yourself.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just finished a BSS race with the setup from Team 1, got a long time to get used to it. Qualified with a 44.2 and was able to tag along with 43's the first 5-6 laps of the race, slight slip up lost draft and slowed down a bit to low/mid 44's and after the pits 45's with some slight front aero damage from exiting the pits 2 wide :shy:
Setup just doesn't allow full throttle in T4 untill 2 laps in. Amazed how -1 wing can feel stable

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I tried the Puffi setup last night and really struggled the first few laps with the infield. The flat left kink was catching me out. Knowing what I'm like this is going to probably catch me out during the race. At the same time last night an RSR friend appeared as if by Magic, no it wasn't Mr Ben the Shopkeeper, it was Juan Lopez. He offered to do a few laps in the Puffi shod car with a mind to try to give it some stability. Here are the 2 setups we got to. I tried the V1 and was happier with it in the early laps and was straight on the 44 lap pace from my first flying lap. We also made V2 as we were looking at the initial turn in at high speed as the car was catching Lopez out on the entry of the bus stop a few times. V2 has lower front Camber but higher Caster to add the camber in the slower turns when you are turning the wheel more. I've not done any laps on V2 as I was knackered by the time Lopez gave it over to me. Please try them out.

Both these are running -2 rear wing and so far are pretty drivable to me.

Attachments

• Juan E Lopez - RSR - 24H Daytona - V1.sto
    2 KB · Views: 365
  • Juan E Lopez - RSR - 24H Daytona - V2.sto
    2 KB · Views: 396

Users who are viewing this thread