iRacing 24h Nürburgring - 22nd April 2017 | 13:00 GMT (2 Viewers)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You need 105L to do 7 laps with ~15liter/lap, fueling up to 110L saves a bit of time in the pit & weight on the car since you said it yourself "saving fuel gave us nothing".
Doesn't sound much but over a 24 hours race it'll gain you well over a full stop.

110L in the tank -> Driving 7 laps -> 5L remaining -> Refueling 105L back to 110L (5+105=110)
120L in the tank -> Driving 7 laps -> 15L remaining -> Refueling 105L back to 120L (15+105=120)

It does save nothing at your pitstop. And I am not sure if there is a big difference driving with 110L instead of 120L.

But imagine you drive one stint constantly behind someone, you could save then fuel and drive the 8th lap. With 110L in the tank this option won't be available.

Just stick with 120L, drive as much laps you can and refuel back to 120L. Dunno why you now want to start some fancy tactics which are not working anyways^^

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Dunno why you now want to start some fancy tactics which are not working anyways^^
He was pointing out what he was finding from his testing, which would in fact work, but it just may not be necessary...

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm with Manu here, it might save a time but with the so much inconsistency in the lap and backmarkers will mean you'll never know if you saved time from the fuel or just good driving. I'm just happy to not have to worry about fuel for a whole 7 laps and then just look at the end of the 7th if I can risk doing another one. Seems an easier strategy, less to think about. I think every scheduled stop for us will be full fuel and tyres. :D

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Manu convinced me too :) better focus on driving and keeping out of the barriers...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
He was pointing out what he was finding from his testing, which would in fact work, but it just may not be necessary...

It does not save time in the pits. You are refueling the same amount no matter you start with 110 or 120 liters...

Also it denies you the possibility to do an actual 8th lap in case you follow somebody in your whole stint. In this case you can save fuel, stick behind him in his slipstream and do the 8th lap.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
From our full fuel stint test the other day Beas nor Yorkie were able to save enough fuel to last an extra lap and this was with us doing 8:17-20's pretty much.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We managed it last year by lifting the complete uphill section after "Döttinger Höhe" and sometimes no full throttle on the straight. It is doable but it gives you nothing, that is the main "problem".

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Video is up enjoy! :)

F1-Masa

Community Member
Reaction score
i test fuel saving and i can easy save 1l each lap and only lose 2sec lap.

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
Just set a quali time....f**k me was that hard but very very rewarding! More time in it as the optimal shows (this was session based) but that's put our car in 13th place in the overall quali standings for the event so we should be all good for the race.
24h quali time.jpg

Time for sleep now!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just set a quali time....f**k me was that hard but very very rewarding! More time in it as the optimal shows (this was session based) but that's put our car in 13th place in the overall quali standings for the event so we should be all good for the race.
View attachment 1159
Time for sleep now!

Awesome job! But I do think we will drop couple places. Most of the people doing their qualy friday night/saturday morning :p

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's a shame that the Nordschleife is based on iRating to be divided into splits instead of time based divisions (VLN). Awesome job to @falcon2081 and @Yorkie_065 doing some amazing qualifying times.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
@2scoops, we can go with that last setup from a last night, I tried to qualify this morning but it wasn't letting me join the q sessions, will have to try the 08:05 session now.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Solid lap @Bassetts the improvements start to show since you started driving the Audi on the Nordschleife.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If I am lucky, the delivery guy will give it one of my neighbours. I could not change anything because the sender sent it to "Durr" instead of "Dürr". This means I am technically not the right person so it might be even the case that I won't get it at all. Chances are 50/50. If I am not getting the wheelstand today, I am out guys, so sorry...

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I managed to break the 8:20 mark last night with the quali setup. An 8:18.666 was the best last night. Doesn't really put us that far up the quali times but we will be in a lower split so hoping it translates into an ok starting position. The lap was pretty much purple in most sectors and I'm not sure if it was me just clicking more with the circuit, the lower fuel level or the extra diff tweak I did to the quali setup.

After syphoning out 100L of fuel I got the ride heights back to 71.5 front and 134.5 rear. I also put the diff preload up to 25. I found the car more predictable on corner entry. I could trail brake a bit to get the rear rotated and I was having no problem getting on the power early.

I'll not get any time today to run another Quali as I'm out tonight for a few beers. Starting to get excited now!! :nailbiting:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread