iRacing 24h of Spa - 22nd July 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
Lol, well, I'll be more active in TS as I missed those practices :D

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Also @1185323118 how is your safety rating/licence coming along, will it be ready for Saturday (I assume Saturday is the cut off?)
Still working on it...... still D 2.9 XD, can promise that I will make it to C this Friday.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Still working on it...... still D 2.9 XD, can promise that I will make it to C this Friday.

We have spare accounts. Start practicing for Spa I would say.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We have spare accounts. Start practicing for Spa I would say.
I have broke my piggy bank already :p

Just drove the car around the track a bit with Pamela's setup, the car feels very different from Z4 GT3 in Pcars I have to say, have something else to do at the moment, will practice more later :D

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
@1185323118 Yehh,, don't even think on pCARS. I just recommend you to practice more and focus on consistency, don't mind lap times. The event is around the corner :coldfeet:.

@falcon2081 That's the pace-ish we're talking about :D, until my stupid car touched the grass and went straight to the wall :eek::banghead:
2017-07-19 22-29-07_0.png

@Pamellaaa Also did a run with your set up, I feel I can manage to do same as Falcon's V5, but I noticed that breaking is more earlier and have more oversteering at the bus stop chicane, also I have to attack a bit different Eau Rouge and Blanchimont.

Overall, I felt I was driving more at the limit to keep it inside the white lines, but weirdly I felt it more comfortable o_O(wait, what? weren't you driving at the limit?) really hard for me to explain that feeling:bucktooth:.

But here are the laps, the ones on the left are few laps I did after Falcon's V5 set up stint, look pretty similar, right?
The ones in the right were with a new practice session, as you can see there are more 22's (most likely cuz I was losing my concentration) but you can notice how close the 21's are compared to falcon's V5 set up. So I guess is possible for me to achieve that, but will be something to think about,, I'll recommend you to do more runs with Falcon's V5 set up, looks like most of us who were testing last night are getting confy with it.

2.png
2017-07-19 23-11-35_0.png

Last edited:

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Did few more laps, very slow, just ask which gear do you guys take for turn 5, 8, 12, 14, and the bus stop? Really late now, should be off to the bed :p

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
I have the same feeling as Gio, Pamellaaa, The car seems to oversteer more with your setup on turn in but got quite comfortable with the setup, The car seems to rotate quite quickly on turn in and was a little difficult to figure out at first. Falcons V5 I struggled with only due to having pain in my wrist last night and at that stage I had already put in about 2 hours of testing. Will make my summary on Falcons setup although I found it a little easier to drive than yours. Tiredness took over when I started testing Falcons setup and my wrists were paining quite bad. Will do a full test tonight and see how I do.

Did few more laps, very slow, just ask which gear do you guys take for turn 5, 8, 12, 14, and the bus stop? Really late now, should be off to the bed :p

T5 in 6
T8 in 3
T12 in 4
T14 in 3
That is for me looking at the track map below and assuming the above numbers are the corners you are talking about

2000px-Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgium_svg.png

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@GioVtec and @Alex du Plessis I am happy with running Falcons settings if you guys are happier on it :) I haven't tried v5 yet as I was busy yesterday but I will try it tonight.

Side note, has anyone had another go at double stinting tyres? Possible or too dangerous?

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
@GioVtec and @Alex du Plessis I am happy with running Falcons settings if you guys are happier on it :) I haven't tried v5 yet as I was busy yesterday but I will try it tonight.

Side note, has anyone had another go at double stinting tyres? Possible or too dangerous?
That is a no go Pamellaaa Yorkie tried and he said no go, I would tend to agree as the tyres feel really slippery at the end of a stint. I myself would not double stint under any circumstances as one mistake on worn tyres can cost you massively in the long run. So far in all the endurance events I have not double stinted on tyres and changed them after every stint. Just me though, does not mean you should not try.

BTW the previous post of mine is the gearing correct or not. La Source is a bit of a concern for me at the moment as I am not sure if I should use 1st or 2nd and the braking point I seem to be inconsistent. I lose .5sec every time to my best time through there that being a 2.20.870.

Last edited:

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I do la source in 1st but might try second, 1st is giving me the false upshift issue out of there quite a lot which is annoying.

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
I'll agree to do full pit stop, double stint tyres is a really risky call.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I do la source in 1st but might try second, 1st is giving me the false upshift issue out of there quite a lot which is annoying.

Shift at 4th green when in first gear and it'll solve your issue. Going into chicane and la source in 2nd gives you too much understeer.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That is a no go Pamellaaa Yorkie tried and he said no go

I can confirm, I crashed twice on my outlap. Other than that, last night's practice went pretty well. I started a stint with V5, but kept having issues under braking & turn in. I then did a full stint on V3 which was fine, averaging high 21's over the stint. Like on Monday, it felt lively but easily manageable - fun, in other words. I then tried V5 again, but didn't have the same issues as earlier, so I'm putting it down to me not warming up properly at the start of the session. I feel I need to do 5/10 laps to get used to the car before doing a stint.

Is the driver rota sheet ready yet?

Last edited:

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
Useful session last night looking at telemetry with Falcon and Ramiboo and discussing where we can find and improve our times. Was quite funny to have been running 1 line in practice, but after following Falcon on Monday and Tuesday, changing and adapting my line to follow what he was running. He was then told in his VRS coaching session that he needs to change his line in one or two places to effectively what the line I was running previously, and then last night learn that Falcon had changed his line and that I needed to change mine back.

Either way, most useful things from it is that found that I'm braking too hard in a couple of corners which is killing off a bit too much speed early on, rather than coasting the car into the corner a little more. The telemetry really accentuated how important getting the right line is, as there was a number of places that it was clear to see he had the wheel a lot straighter, and earlier on the throttle than I was which was helping him on the corner exit to gain small margins. Obviously with Spa being a long lap compared to most other circuits, it soon adds up.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score

I tried V5 last night and its a big thumbs up from me. :D

Shift at 4th green when in first gear and it'll solve your issue. Going into chicane and la source in 2nd gives you too much understeer.
You can fix that with a little trail brake :)

I'm really hyped for this now. I'll try to get the Rota sheet updated for Spa then the car captains can add the details.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I will be hosting a server tonight. Around 1600UTC for like 4 hours. Password as usual :)

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have the same feeling as Gio, Pamellaaa, The car seems to oversteer more with your setup on turn in but got quite comfortable with the setup, The car seems to rotate quite quickly on turn in and was a little difficult to figure out at first. Falcons V5 I struggled with only due to having pain in my wrist last night and at that stage I had already put in about 2 hours of testing. Will make my summary on Falcons setup although I found it a little easier to drive than yours. Tiredness took over when I started testing Falcons setup and my wrists were paining quite bad. Will do a full test tonight and see how I do.

T5 in 6
T8 in 3
T12 in 4
T14 in 3
That is for me looking at the track map below and assuming the above numbers are the corners you are talking about

View attachment 2028
Haha, seems that the old version of the map was posted in first post, I am actually asking T7, 10, 14, 16, and Bus Stop in the new map. At least I know I should take T7 in 3rd now :p

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
10 in 2nd
14 in 3rd
16 in 3rd upshift to 4th

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Everyone do try and be on today so we can set the teams and if need be change the team owners. That has to be done today. Team changes can sometimes take 24 hours and we don't want to repeat what happened at Sebring this year.

Car 64 - Only needs Ramiboo to be added unless todaY did it already.

Car 65 - @Battenberg check and make sure you guys are good to go.

Car 66 - @Pamellaaa or @GioVtec do the same as above. If you need help let us know.

I'll be on soon. I have a full plate of things to test today for the setup so I may not be able to help as much. I will not be handing out what I have currently as at this point it may harm some of you pace wise and would prefer you guys just focus on consistency with the V5 setup. Unless I have a breakthrough with what I am testing today V5 should be the final setup.

I also need for the other cars to let me know who is going to be the one who registers the car because that person is going to qualify the car. Tomorrow that has to be done. I have already done a Q time for car 64 but there's some time to be gained so I have to do it again. I've been working on the Q set and will hand that out tomorrow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread