iRacing 24h of Spa - 22nd July 2017 | 13:00 GMT (2 Viewers)

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
Just got the bimmer. If it's safer then, it might be the best choice for our team that will focus on a safe race.

Gonna start practicing.

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is the safest car I've ever driven (at least with @falcon2081 set up) :cool:, the car just do whatever you ask, even if you are losing it, it feels more easy to save (comparing it with the Audi and Merc), also Eau Rouge and Blanchimont just need a barely small lift and full throttle again........ I wont spoiled it for you anymore, you guys will find out :D.

Thanks @Dutchtastic for the bimmer heads up :woot:.

After a quick 30 mints practice with iracing default weather and full tank, did a 21,7 and can be low's 20's but that'll pretty much come with more practice.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
BMW is defiantly more stable though eu rouge.

My pace isn't great 2:21.7-2:24 but did a full tank run this morning. Car can lose the back end a bit when getting the power down out of corners.

Last few laps were not great struggled for grip but miles safer than the merc.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I'm also favouring the BMW, yet to do a full tank run but should be able to soon, my pace in both cars is pretty much the same but the BMW feels more stable and safer.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For the sake of organising teams, I already own the BMW, and I havent done much running in either, so I dont mind which one I'm put in. I trust all of your judgements and will go with the flow.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So #67 team with BMW? and how are we going to coordinate our shifts? through our TS3 server or messages in the forum?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So #67 team with BMW? and how are we going to coordinate our shifts? through our TS3 server or messages in the forum?

Once the cars and teams are to 100% fixed, we usually have a google spreadsheet with the shifts of everyone. Monday/Tuesday we will have probably a meeting with everyone who participates :)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Was a hosted session tonight, decided to participate in that race. Unfortunatly astro-turf at the top of Eau-Rouge spun me into the wall by overcorrecting. Was able to keep up with the fastest guy in session (Florent Hugueville) in the BMW. After lap 12 I got a cuttrack so the 2 laps after that are fully solo. #BMWFTW :brb:

Spa.png

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
Did a relax full stint with default iRacing weather, To learn better the track and how to take the corners (funny because I have almost no worries for Eau Rouge and Blanchimont :smuggrin:). Also testing pit stop because with re-fuel and new tyres, the pit stop will be long enough to stretch arms and legs...... And don't tell me to double stint my tyres, it's a death sentence :eek:.

Capture.JPG

F1-Masa

Community Member
Reaction score
this mercedes setup very good here i drive easier faster than good bmw setup.

Attachments

• RB-S3-AMG-Spa-Sprint.sto
    2 KB · Views: 379

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just posting VRS sets? What?

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I've seen the VRS set for the Merc. I would only need to make small tweaks to my base set. So I'll try it tonight and give my verdict.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Did my first 5 laps in the BMW and was at a 21 flat with 110kg of fuel. Guess it is just a matter of practice :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Just got done practicing with both cars. Made some slight tweaks to the BMW and that brought my time to a 2:19.8 and low 2:20's race pace. I should be able to find more time in the next couple days. Next up was the Merc with the adjustments and I also got a best time of 2:19.8 and low 2:20's race pace. I'm still leaning towards the BMW it just feels like the easier car to drive while staying on the limit. That is all for now. Will make my decision depending on how each car does full fuel stint on tires tomorrow.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Would be nice if the team decides together and not you alone @falcon2081 ^^

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I did a bit of running in the BMW yesterday in a few different practice sessions. I found the BMW ok to drive (still getting used to it as I only just bought it) but it's very easy to overdrive and over heat the tyres. My pace was dropping off after 6 or so laps and I'm wondering if it's going to be a harder car to double stint the tyres with. I'll be doing some longer runs this week. What nights are we looking to put a server up? Maybe a rota, I'm happy to pay for a practice session if I know when people are going to be around. I'm going to aim for 3 nights this week for practice.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY I think your confused my friend lol. Nowhere in my post does it say I am choosing for the team but merely choosing for personal opinion. :p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
V3, did 16 laps. Decided to pit after I touched the wall.
Rear is slippery after a while, so need to be a bit more careful when accelerating in slower corners.

RSRtires.png

Users who are viewing this thread