2nd Apr 2017 - 2 Hours Bathurst - Crossover with PRD (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Seven
What Class do you want to drive? 1M-SW
Do you understand and accept the league's rules and regulations? Ja

I'm always down for Bathurst :)

SP1KEGRW

Community Member
Reaction score
i'll see what i can do to make this event

mattp

Community Member
Reaction score
Currently Red wheel driver
Name: Matt Penton (Steam: mattpenton)
What Class do you want to drive? GT3
Do you understand and accept the league's rules and regulations? Yes

B

Blue Monkey

Name: Blue Monkey
What Class do you want to drive? BMW 1-Series M Coupe Stanceworks

Taking part for fun :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i dont have any badges. if is it ok i'm in
Name: Fatih Kursat
What Class do you want to drive? BMW 1-Series M Coupe Stanceworks

You need the yellow badge or higher to be able to participate. Why not trying to join us next tuesday to one of our Induction/Fun Nights? :)

Fatih Kursat

Community Member
Reaction score
You need the yellow badge or higher to be able to participate. Why not trying to join us next tuesday to one of our Induction/Fun Nights? :)
i love to but i dont have time because of my job :/ anyway i will wait future events.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Fatih Kursat

Community Member
Reaction score

frankodrose

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Name: frankodrose
What Class do you want to drive? GT3

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Out of interest, I drove all of the GT3 cars at Bathurst yesterday, to get a feel for which one I'll likely be taking. The McLaren was, right out of the box, clearly the fastest car but dear lord is it horrible to drive :eek:. The Aston wasn't much fun either. I'm now torn between having something that I enjoy driving (the RUF or the Audi, believe it or not) or something competitive. If anybody has any setup tips for the McLaren then fire away, otherwise I suspect I'll be in this race just to enjoy myself rather than compete. I do love Bathurst.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Out of interest, I drove all of the GT3 cars at Bathurst yesterday, to get a feel for which one I'll likely be taking. The McLaren was, right out of the box, clearly the fastest car but dear lord is it horrible to drive :eek:. The Aston wasn't much fun either. I'm now torn between having something that I enjoy driving (the RUF or the Audi, believe it or not) or something competitive. If anybody has any setup tips for the McLaren then fire away, otherwise I suspect I'll be in this race just to enjoy myself rather than compete. I do love Bathurst.
I'll say you should drive some short-wheelbase car, such as Z4:)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^^ if there are no decent Bathurst setups available then I'll drive the RUF. I can put in comfortable mid-2m03 laps in time-trial (with quali fuel) with lots of mistakes and I know there's another 0.5s to come out of that time with a bit of practice. But I was over 1s faster in the McLaren after just 3 laps and literally just changing the wings and gear ratio. The Audi sits between the 2, for me but, although it was stable it was boring as hell to drive and doesn't have enough legs in 6th gear.

The RUF is, quite simply, an absolute joy to drive Bathurst in :).

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^^ if there are no decent Bathurst setups available then I'll drive the RUF. I can put in comfortable mid-2m03 laps in time-trial (with quali fuel) with lots of mistakes and I know there's another 0.5s to come out of that time with a bit of practice. But I was over 1s faster in the McLaren after just 3 laps and literally just changing the wings and gear ratio. The Audi sits between the 2, for me but, although it was stable it was boring as hell to drive and doesn't have enough legs in 6th gear.

The RUF is, quite simply, an absolute joy to drive Bathurst in :).

Might join you in the RUF. But the Bentley is also very tempting :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh, I totally forgot about the Bentley! I might give that a quick bash tonight, after the BAC Mono World Cup finale :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh, I totally forgot about the Bentley! I might give that a quick bash tonight, after the BAC Mono World Cup finale :)

the WORLD!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You not thought of giving the merc a bash @Cluck .???

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You not thought of giving the merc a bash @Cluck .???
Tried the AMG GT3, couldn't stand it - was as exciting to drive as a wet blancmange.

If I'm going to do 50 laps of Bathurst - a track I absolutely love - then I need to like the car I'm driving :) . What follows are my thoughts based on driving each of the cars I tried last night. At most, I only made very basic tweaks to the cars, to try and get a representative feel for each of them.

RUF RGT-8 GT3 - Bags of fun, pliant, responsive, 100% driveable. If you make a mistake, you know why you made it.
Mercedes-AMG GT3 - Boring, slow.
McLaren 12C GT3 - Fast, horrible to drive. It felt like the tyres had no grip whatsoever, with slow corners being a tip-toe affair, rather than being able to attack them.
BMW Z4 GT3 - Oddly, despite having liked this car a lot in the past, after driving the RUF it felt lifeless. Didn't even bother setting a full lap.
Audi R8 LMS Ultra - Slightly quicker than the RUF and easy to drive but soulless and lacks enough top-end speed in 6th
Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 - If I could get it to turn a corner, I might have completed a lap.

I realised, I didn't try the Bentley, Cadillac or Ginetta so I'll try all 3 of these in the next couple of evenings.

Sledgar

Community Member
Reaction score
I assume its way too late already but I still try :)

Name: Sledgar
What Class do you want to drive? GT3 if possible but I'd be fine with both if there is no place in GT3 anymore

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Might join you in the RUF. But the Bentley is also very tempting :)

Same here. The RUF is my safe option. The Bentley is my Bonkers option ;-). The only down side about the Bentley: it's right hand driven.......and I utterly suck at right hand driven cars. Except the V8's of course ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread