2nd Apr 2017 - 2 Hours Bathurst - Crossover with PRD (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I noticed that your shifts are different than mine. You just lift during shift? Does it make much difference if you just shift without lifting?
. I found it is slightly quicker with manual clutch but the chance of missing up shifting gears is a lot higher so going to stick with auto clutch.managed a 2.14 in practice with auto clutch

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Gah! At this stage it looks like I won't be able to make this event due to work - so frustrating!

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Ignore that comment, just found out I will be free! Sooooo happy!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I noticed that your shifts are different than mine. You just lift during shift? Does it make much difference if you just shift without lifting?
If you have autoclutch off then you cannot shift without lifting. If you are shifting, without lifting the throttle, then you have autoclutch enabled and you are losing time as a result :). Quite a few cars have the same type of gearbox (Formula Gulf and the Ginetta Junior, as two examples). You can also use the clutch, if you want (and have one, of course), but you'll potentially damage the engine flat-shifting like that.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you have autoclutch off then you cannot shift without lifting. If you are shifting, without lifting the throttle, then you have autoclutch enabled and you are losing time as a result :). Quite a few cars have the same type of gearbox (Formula Gulf and the Ginetta Junior, as two examples). You can also use the clutch, if you want (and have one, of course), but you'll potentially damage the engine flat-shifting like that.

With the FG and Ginetta Junior you are not losing anytime with autoclutch on imo. I drive always with autoclutch with these cars cause I am too lazy to lift :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
With the FG and Ginetta Junior you are not losing anytime with autoclutch on imo. I drive always with autoclutch with these cars cause I am too lazy to lift :D
I can shift faster, doing the lift&shift than using autoclutch BUT, as already pointed out (and demonstrated in my lap :D), it is not easy to do that for every shift, especially not on a 49-lap race. Personally, if I was doing the race in the 1M, I would run without autoclutch and would suffer my mis-shifts but I would expect most people to enable it for an easier life :)

Also, I ran a half-race distance run a couple of nights ago, in the RUF. The results of that mean I now know exactly what my race strategy will be, if I run in that car. Will be doing a full race distance run in race conditions, over the weekend, in both the RUF and the Bentley and will make my final choice based on that. The RUF is so much fun though.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember tyre wear across the GT3's being a bit different. I assume this will be a factor in the race and what cars are the most popular.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah when I did a dry run almost a month ago now in the Aston it was a struggle to get it to a one stop level on fuel with the tires falling off the cliff.

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I guess top GT3 times will be high 2:02's - low 2:03's?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Depends on the car really. With a race setup (ie, not running closed radiator and brake ducts, proper fuel levels) I was in low 2m05, high 2m04s territory in the RUF for the first few laps of my 50% race distance test. The McLaren is a good couple of seconds faster in TT so, yeah, should probably expect to see 2m02 laps from people driving that.

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I chose the McLaren, didn't do full race fuel yet but I drove with 60l and got 2:04.1 with it. I remember doing mid 2:03's with qualy fuel.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I eat tyres for breakfast at Bathurst so will probably run a 2-stop strategy. People like @ramiboo , who somehow manage to drive without incurring any tyre wear at all, can probably get away with single-stopping. One thing's for certain, nobody is going to make the distance on a single tank of fuel, so we'll all have to stop at least once for that.

Last edited:

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm doing a 2 stop for sure.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
2:08 fastest and 2:10 stable with qualify fuel. I guess I'm too slow for this race:D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Anyone up for some practice tonight? :)

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY I'm in, What time?

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll come around 21:30 (cet) if you will be online. I need practice for this one.

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'd like to change my car to Caterham Seven Classic please @t0daY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread