30th Oct 2016 - 18 Hours of Sakitto (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am not really in a mood of changing anything on this event if I am honest. It is our anniversary month, so we racing the events we raced back then.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If only we had the forum back then :) I remember doing a full comparison of all cars for this event but can't find it in the old thread....nearly 1000 pages, oh well.

We should really do this "handicap racing" again! We did it with the GT4s on Hockenheim where the faster guys needed to pick BMW or Ford. That was brilliant! Love the Bimmer, it's just so slow...

Any chance for some unranked events like this @Admins?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok well if nothing is going to change regarding cars how about thoes guys who are fast have a gentalmans agreement to not uae the ginneta atleast give us slower guys a chance lol...

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
If only we had the forum back then :) I remember doing a full comparison of all cars for this event but can't find it in the old thread....nearly 1000 pages, oh well.

We should really do this "handicap racing" again! We did it with the GT4s on Hockenheim where the faster guys needed to pick BMW or Ford. That was brilliant! Love the Bimmer, it's just so slow...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...-Signup-Now!&p=1170532&viewfull=1#post1170532

I made a comparison of the five GT4 cars, using the default setup on all cars with 50l of fuel and the soft compound. Did 10 laps in every car. Maybe someone who was still undecided or didn't know the balance of the field might find this helpful
I didn't compare tire wear but what I did notice was the generally high temps in most of the cars. I'm not perfectly happy with what they changed in patch 6 as this was set at mid may with medium clouds, so far from extreme track temps, yet I was still seeing up to 130°C which is ridiculous but that's another topic
I did measure fuel consumption and calculated the maximum stint length.

Aston Martin - 1:51.0

very easy to drive, nicely balanced if a bit understeery
the gentleman under the GT4 cars
love this car, glorious sound, quite forgiving
topspeed 255kph
fuel usage 2.85l/lap with 110l tank = 38 laps

BMW - 1:51.3

more on the oversteery side and quite bumpy to drive, yet very engaging
stick shift, so if you don't have a shifter, you'll lose time with paddle shifting
the default suits the track better than the Astons setup
topspeed 263kph
fuel usage 2.75l/lap with 100l tank = 36 laps

Ford - 1:51.5

I was surprised how well it handles but you do feel the weight under braking
also quite oversteery
stick shift
default gearing way to long
classic american muscle
very high tire temps due to the weight
topspeed 263kph
fuel usage 2.9l/lap with 105l tank = 36 laps

Ginetta - 1:50.4

well well, if it wasn't for the Ginetta this would be quite a well balanced class
I drove it after the Mustang and it feels like it belongs into a different race class
lowest tire temps
feels the most like a racecar, very agile, but tricky at the limit
the only car I could take the last corner flat out with
topspeed 247kph
fuel usage 2.55l/lap with 95l tank = 38 laps

Toyota - 1:53.0
I gave up after two timed laps, the rear is so loose it's ridiculous (fun), you could probably do something with setup but I doubt it'll reach the pace of the others.
such a hoonigan
also stick shift
6th gear way too long
topspeed 254kph
fuel usage 2.35l/lap with 90l tank = 38 laps

Well nothing unexpected, the Ginetta rules, but as said can be tricky to drive. I'll go for the Aston and hope I can bring it to the Ginetta's level. I just love the car too much to betray it
All cars will do the race with one fuel stop. The big challenge with patch 6.0 will be tire management. It's to be seen what the high temps do to the tire wear.

Thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated!

I nearly forgot the Rapide S Hydrogen, that's also classified as GT4. Did a 1:52.6, so it's actually faster than the Toyota, who would have known
It did 262 kph and used 2.6l/lap. With the 110 liter fuel tank it has the biggest range of 42 laps, still needs a pitstop though

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Thats why we have the "Fun Night" for. Once I had in mind we do there unranked shorter races like that. But it involved into a "Game Night". I mean thats why I literally stay away :D

Ok well if nothing is going to change regarding cars how about thoes guys who are fast have a gentalmans agreement to not uae the ginneta atleast give us slower guys a chance lol...

As I said before, we are not going to change anything to the anniversary events. We are racing those exactly the same way we did once we started RSR, that is the idea behind the "Anniversary Month". Faster guys feel free to pick a slower car, I will drive the Ginetta :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Crist anaversary dont mean do as you did the first time if that was the case id have to marry my wife every year absalute balls to that lol.....

At what point did i say change things..all im saying is there is only so many times slower guys can take finishing last b4 they get fed up and no longer take part...if the quick guys are indeed that quick they shouldnt need to pick the fastest car to win....

From the perspective of a slow guy......

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
The advantage of changing things on an anniversary event, is that we already run it that way what means we have much more knowledge about the event than on a new combination. So changed are not based on guesswork there is substantial information.

Btw. that was my after race post
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...-Signup-Now!&p=1171563&viewfull=1#post1171563

Last time we raced, Puffi took the faster car and walked it home. I did what I could in the Aston, even had a 1.50.2 with nearly full fuel tank and was doing mid to high 1:50s without lapping. While Puffi was coursing in the Ginetta in a lonely race at the front. Subtracting a few seconds due to the crash and damage I had, I was losing 1.71.8 seconds per lap. What is about my own gap in this two cars on a hot lap.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
as there is no restrictions on the gt4 glass i take it i can use the Aston martin rapide s hydro its a gt4 car.???

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
as there is no restrictions on the gt4 glass i take it i can use the Aston martin rapide s hydro its a gt4 car.???
not that i want to but like to keep my options open

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes :) If you look further up in the results of the last time, @NemethR drove the Hydro :)
ohhh yeh lol....

anyhow im going to give this race a miss even with the better car (GINNETA) im like 5 seconds off others times this track is just not for me and i really dont have the patience to finish last yet again...
so i shall bow out of this now rather than have a rage quit against my name lol....

Psychotronic

Community Member
Reaction score
ohh men how do you guys get those times. I so far from it. @jonnotheone believe me with my times its probably not you who will end up in the last spot

Jago25

Community Member
Reaction score
managed to get a 1:49:775 with the Ginetta :)
realy happy about that

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Respect to anybody who does this straight after the iRacing 24 hours!

I am not really in a mood of changing anything on this event if I am honest. It is our anniversary month, so we racing the events we raced back then.

Is the number of laps meant to be different to last time? :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Respect to anybody who does this straight after the iRacing 24 hours!
Is the number of laps meant to be different to last time? :D

I do not know what you mean :D :D **typo, fixed it, thank you :)**

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ok im back in for this now lol after following @Cluck a doodle doo around for the last hour im .008 of being in the 50s...i can now see were i need to make up the time so i think hopefully be nearly in the 49s altho i dont think i will but i can consistantly do 30 laps at 1.51s... i will add thats an empty track ill be much much slower in a pack lol

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ok im back in for this now lol after following @Cluck a doodle doo around for the last hour im .008 of being in the 50s...i can now see were i need to make up the time so i think hopefully be nearly in the 49s altho i dont think i will but i can consistantly do 30 laps at 1.51s... i will add thats an empty track ill be much much slower in a pack lol

Awesome :) Still undecided if I maybe shoud give the Aston a go... Will do some practice maybe later although the 24 hours of Le Mans in iRacing would need some practice too :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I didn't even realise I ran a lap here - I had to go back through the thread on the pCARS forum to find out what happened. Seems I had a major problem with lag and wrecked the race first time around :eek:. I'll get some fresh practice in during the week. We'll be running real assists I presume, which means ABS isn't available on the Ginetta? Not a problem for me of course, just want to check :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread