8th Dec 2016 - Chevy Division Sprint (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ill post my setup later id like to see what a quicker guy can do in mine..
@Cluck thats thanks to you bud i put everything you told me in to practice..

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
you will find a load of time round the corkscrew if you leave your braking abit later you brake way to early pam lol
It was certainly a conservative lap, on earlier laps I had done that sector almost half a second faster but it was sideways and wild well before I got to the apex, although it's faster its terrible for race pace because 3/10 times it ends pointing the wrong way. I do think there is around a second to come off that time given some tweaking and another hour or so of lapping though.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It was certainly a conservative lap, on earlier laps I had done that sector almost half a second faster but it was sideways and wild well before I got to the apex, although it's faster its terrible for race pace because 3/10 times it ends pointing the wrong way. I do think there is around a second to come off that time given some tweaking and another hour or so of lapping though.
just following you round a few laps did the trick for me i know theres more i can get out of it an ill wait for you to post another lap lol...my race pace with the ai at max and giving them a head start was 23s/24s for 18 laps

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I would be surprised if I could go a whole second faster. To me it already looks like your car is faster than mine. I'm often 0.1 down before the first corner on the same drag setup o,0

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I would be surprised if I could go a whole second faster. To me it already looks like your car is faster than mine. I'm often 0.1 down before the first corner on the same drag setup o,0
Might be the 0 camber? Or the exit of the final corner, I nailed it before the lap started but messed it up a bit on the actual lap and left some time on the table there.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Might be the 0 camber? Or the exit of the final corner, I nailed it before the lap started but messed it up a bit on the actual lap and left some time on the table there.
Id like to know how you go round the 3rd corner the 4th and 5th corner. thats were im loosing so much time. starting from the second right hander in to the left up the hill and that sweeping left at the top of the hill. If i can nail them i thik i may be able to be on par with you...(wow look at me lol getting all fast and that lol)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
How do you get a ghost entry to use in the time trial? :confused:

It's ok, my feeble brain has figured it out :p

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
In the car/track selection underneath there is a box that says 'add'. Click on this, then select 'vehicle records' from the tabs at the top of the screen and choose the ghost lap from the driver you want.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thing is tt is all set to the perfect time perfect temp perfect track conditions etc so yes its good to practice the track but everything changes when you add weather to the mix..

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
improved my time again

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I managed to find a bit more time today to have another go at this, I think I was possibly a bit ambitious with taking another second off but I have got about .5 faster now and my best sectors would produce a lap of 1:20.8XX so there is still potential for improvement!

This was made with a much better setup, thanks @Hobbnob for that one! and a much cleaner (although still far from perfect) lap:

I am horribly inconsistent in terms of line but it seems that I can get the car to very similar times with a wide variety of lines so its not too bad, at some point I will do something other than TT to practice for this but I keep getting sucked into the mentality of 'just one more lap' and the car and track are great fun.

The setup as it stands now is as follows:

20161205221007_1.jpg
20161205221015_1.jpg
20161205221019_1.jpg
20161205221034_1.jpg

Zincau

Community Member
Reaction score
Your previous setting was also good. except brake balance. and it seems you fixed now.
and also i tried your whole config as above. now, car's gripping is better.
one question: is this for qualify setup right? because tyres are warming extremly (especially FR)
and thanks for the setup again

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Your previous setting was also good. except brake balance. and it seems you fixed now.
and also i tried your whole config as above. now, car's gripping is better.
one question: is this for qualify setup right? because tyres are warming extremly (especially FR)
and thanks for the setup again
Ahh yeah, I don't know if the brake balance shown is right because I was adjusting on my steering wheel sometimes, it was either 62 or 58 but a lot of the time I forgot to do it so I am not sure what it was at for that lap. My tyre temp weren't too bad like this, peak of 104 I think but driving style plays a part in that and truth be told I have no idea if that is too hot or not. This is probably what I will use for the race and Quali, although I might make small adjustments to tyre pressures when I have run with more fuel on board.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I've resigned myself to being lonely at the back for this one, I have no pace with this combo "we won't notice the difference" I hear you cry :p:p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've resigned myself to being lonely at the back for this one, I have no pace with this combo "we won't notice the difference" I hear you cry :p:p

We actually won't notice the difference ;) :D

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I didn't say I wasn't going to try :rolleyes:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ahh but there will be a diffrence i may be up the front this time lol....ill loose it round a corner and bin it lol..

Reiche

Community Member
Reaction score
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I didn't say I wasn't going to try :rolleyes:

You can't fool me ;P I absolutely know you're looking for P10 in first race to prepare your start-to-finish-victory in the second race ;)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thought I'd do a few laps (ran 5 laps in total) just to see what my pace might have been like. Did a 1m22.526s lap on 100% default setup, with ABS as the only assist.

Going to tinker with the settings now to see what can come out of that in a 'quali setup'

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
You can't fool me ;P I absolutely know you're looking for P10 in first race to prepare your start-to-finish-victory in the second race ;)

Damn!! I've been rumbled. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread