8th Dec 2016 - Chevy Division Sprint (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to tomorrow, as tonight's race will be a distant memory. No preparation, Contact before the start, a lapping incident and throwing it to the barriers twice. Roll on Dubai! :D

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was a lovely combo tonight. I was surprised to qualify that close to Miagi on the front row, but I knew starting on the outside meant being very vulnerable in T1. Pam got ahead at first, but luckily (for me) he had braking issues around the Corkscrew area, so I was able to slip ahead back into 2nd. I then pootled around trying to keep up with Miagi and a comfortable gap behind to finish 2nd. Job done.

In race 2 I had a bit of a rough time on the first lap, but I kept it together and gradually moved up behind brick wall Dama in 3rd. It was very hard to overtake around here, and he put up a hell of a fight. When I finally got by, he promptly did me on the next corner! Lots of scraps with Blue Monkey thrown into the mix eventually ended when I spun into the sand. I rejoined in 10th behind Pam & Hobbs, and had a very tasty couple laps with them. I then moved back up the order to reunite with Dama again. He had a moment on the run to the corkscrew, so I had to jump across the sand in evasion. It was a bit of a cheeky move to overtake there, but I felt I had no other choice in those split seconds. I eventually finished 5th, a nice recovery after the spin, although I reckon I could have finished on the podium again. Oh well, atleast my ranking should get a well needed boost.

Thanks to @Dama_The_Crow @Blue Monkey and @Pamellaaa for the fights!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I also enjoyed the combo a lot although with all the issues we had. Duo my DC in race 1 I had to start from P22 in the second race. My start was quite good and I could gain already some positions after turn 1. At lap 7 I was already P6 behind the @Pamellaaa @Battenberg @Blue Monkey @Dama_The_Crow train.

Was really really good fun to drive with you guys, at a certain point @Pamellaaa and @Blue Monkey were falling behind so it was a three way battle for P2 with @Battenberg and @Dama_The_Crow. With a nice executed move I got P2 after 13 laps in.

Deeper in the race @Blue Monkey and @miagi both catched up and overtook me. Brilliant move from @miagi at lap 19. Thats racing guys, exactly like that! (With the pace difference it would have happen anyway :()

Back to P4... "Luckily" @ramiboo span out and gifted me P3. After that @miagi and @Blue Monkey had little contact in the second last lap which put miagi off to P4 which gave me P2. Really lucky race for me, not really deserved imo. Here is my full race:

See you all next week at Dubai! :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
First Sprint Race
1:22 - Race start
8:12 - Start of the fastest lap
16:30 - Win

Second Race

4:00 - Start
4:47 - Yes squeeze me out no problem
5:08 - I accidentally Bump MikeyTT and he goes far.
6:05 - The accident that cost me 0.5 per lap.
6:27 - I give the position back to MikeyTT ...
6:36 - ... on that occasion Just G forces his way thru.
9:50 - Preparing the overtake ... on the outside!
10:14 - Hobbes looks so far away, suddenly we are side by side.
13:02 - Slow car coming back on track right in front of me
13:18 - Slow car is forcing me off track
13:20 - I leave space on the inside, other car doesn't leave space on the outside
13:30 - What kind of line is this?!
15:32 - Other driver don't even bother to race with him
21:10 - Other driver don't even bother to race with him
21:24 - But they do race me hard.
23:58 - Fist it looks like Dama is going to cover, but then he doesn't and I go for the dive onto the apex.
28:20 - P1 plays fair and leaves space for P2
28:28 - P2 bumps P1 off track
29:20 - Rambioo goes bye bye
32:05 - Just when we are already braking he move a little bit more to the right. :grumpy:
33:20 - One last try on MikeyTT

Last edited by a moderator:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Just btw. my quickest S2 was 21.590 in lap 6. In the fast lap the S2 was only 22.334. So 0.74 seconds slower. 1:20.6xx maybe 1:20.5xx was possible. :blackalien::greyalien::stig:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Fantastic race. First one I drove mostly alone so I didn't upload it, but second one was a blast.
I didn't had a clue before the race that I can drive "wheel to wheel" with fastest guys here, because in the practice I could get fastest lap below 1:23 - no way.

I had a bit problem near the end of the race (maybe 18-20 lap(?)), my wife came in the room and tapped my on my shoulder..... I instantly lost concentration and started to do drastic mistakes. It is good that i even menaged to finish race :)

Here is my POV:

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry Dama for lap 22 turn 1 incident, I didn't know you were there, I looked in my mirror and only saw Mikey because the mirror only goes so far back, so stayed wide to let him through and was surprised when you tapped me on the rear, totally my fault :) Please give us Relative timings Project Cars 2

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well ill forget this race. I should of done much better.
Race1 i threw away pole in race 2 by clipping the apex on turn 2 and spun gifting @stolnikas that postion ok never mind
Race2 started 17th i think by the end of lap 1 i was up to 7th.. Going well untill lap 4 turn 2. My dreaded corner.(you can see on @t0daY vid. I catch the gravel on the outside putting me in to a power slide i tried to control it but got a tap for someone. An at that point i was a passenger(yes my brakes were on) so who ever it was that plowed in to me as i spun there was nothing i could of done to avoid that. Manus replay shows you..me clipping the gravel and it throwing me straight across.
Also like to say to @Invincible mate i was partly to blame for me going off after watching it i tried to defend to hard even tho you had me really. I tried to shut a door youd kicked off the hinges lol...its all fun at the end mate..

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Iffy races to forget about...

whilst practicing and during qualifying I was quite confident that I'd make a top 5 finish in one of the races at least. My luck said "nope!" though.

I started in 4th (yay!), I got snatched by @Blue Monkey right off the start (nay!) and somehow managed to get back to 4th or even 3rd by lap 4 due to a spinner in front. Then it was my time to spin. Into the wall of course, which left me seriously damaged and I crawled back to the pits. I was dead last after the pits, obviously.
I then fought my way back "up" to 17th.

Race 2: Meh - started quite okay-ish and had a "small" incident in lap 2... Off into the pits again.
Then the pursuit began. I caught up with some and somehow, even though I progressed through the positions, it was @steveg200 in front of me, most of the time. I managed to get him in Lap 21 (finally!) and finished 12th.

If I someday manage NOT to spin out and crash all the time, I might even be competitive enough to regularly come in the top 5.

Also I took out @jonnotheone - sorry for that mate. We both made mistakes here - I wanted to stay on the left side of the track but was just a tad too fast to do so.

Also like to say to @Invincible mate i was partly to blame for me going off after watching it i tried to defend to hard even tho you had me really. I tried to shut a door youd kicked off the hinges lol...its all fun at the end mate..

Zincau

Community Member
Reaction score
Whatever you say, i'm the one who most enjoyed last night. Because my antique PC didn't crash, i never disconnected, i never spin until last lap and most importantly i finished a race first time... Congratulate @miagi and @Blue Monkey as winner and all racers. and thanks all admins for organizing this event.

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow, this was sooo nice first race and so frustrating second... My game crashed while loading 2nd race, and then controller problems, leaving me with default on-bumper camera...
BTW, @steveg200 i guess i was not on you screen, cause you hit me 3 times and drive away with no problems (first formation lap (5:05), first race lap (10:23) and then L8 (17:53)).
Anyways it is sooooo enjoyable to race with you guys, looking forward for upcoming races :)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Whatever you say, i'm the one who most enjoyed last night. Because my antique PC didn't crash, i never disconnected, i never spin until last lap and most importantly i finished a race first time... Congratulate @miagi and @Blue Monkey as winner and all racers. and thanks all admins for organizing this event.

The ones who are truly happy with their results are the real winners. :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The results are wrong, I beat @ramiboo in the first race.

Fixed it. Results should be correct now. Ratings will also take some time for recalculating. Thanks for pointing it out :)

Reactions: Tom

Zincau

Community Member
Reaction score
Results are up and can be found here. Also the rankings are updated both career stats and the pre-season. :)
why i cant see career stats? it opens as empty sheet and after awhile it crashes google chrome.. I tried it in mozilla but it doesnt work.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
why i cant see career stats? it opens as empty sheet and after awhile it crashes google chrome.. I tried it in mozilla but it doesnt work.

The recalculating takes usally some time. Can have a proper look in 1-2 hours, I am still at work (help meee :D)

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I would like to apologise to @stolnikas for hitting you a number of times.On my screen you were not visible so sorry if i spoilt or hinded your race.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I see ive done my ratings a power of good, I knew this was going to happen, I would have been better off not racing at all, but unless I race at Laguna I'm never going to get comfortable with it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread