Project CARS 2 8th Jul 2018 - Knights of the old Mulsanne (1 Viewer)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing a lot of clipping with these cars here? Any tips on how I might be able to reduce it?
Try typing IDSPISPOPD :)

(sorry, it's an old DOOM joke - it's the cheat code for 'no clipping'. It won't do a thing in pCARS2!)

Last edited:

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Getting in the mood for tomorrow!
I came here to post this link. Cars from late 60's early 70's are next.
EDIT: Nope, they're running tomorrow. (and possibly during the night, but that's not streamed)

Last edited:

Determined Hangman

Community Member
Reaction score
Due to an unforeseeable family emergency I will be dropping out of this race. Going to be out of town for a few days

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Sooo, I have a small mystery to solve. While doing custom single player race, on the first lap on Mulsanne straight, the speed is completely fine, but from second lap onward, I'm loosing speed between the slight right turn and the hill. On top of the hill, I'm something like ~10kph slower than before the 'turn'.
Reproduced 100% many times with different setups, driving styles, etc...Anybody know what is going on?

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I just realized its not clear weather all the way though...well at least there is no rain
My aim is to not crash into anyone or the barrier...which is something i struggle to do with Bots :)

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sooo, I have a small mystery to solve. While doing custom single player race, on the first lap on Mulsanne straight, the speed is completely fine, but from second lap onward, I'm loosing speed between the slight right turn and the hill. On top of the hill, I'm something like ~10kph slower than before the 'turn'.
Reproduced 100% many times with different setups, driving styles, etc...Anybody know what is going on?
Guess your tyre pressure is dropping because the tyres get colder.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can’t race tonight, massive headache. Already on the second pain killer and still not gone.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi all. Sorry for the short notice. I've been struggling this week with my back, and thought it would have at least been better by this weekend. I think tonight's race will be epic fun, I wish I could take part. My back was a bit better this morning, but it's quite cold here in Pretoria, and unfortunately it's too sore to race a long race tonight. I'd rather sit out and hope its better by Thursday for the first cup event.

Good luck to all, I think it's going to be amazing.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
hmmmm…. 20 guys...maybe...then 2h race on this big track... should we not make instead few fun races with default setup?

To be honest...it will make not fun to run alone 2h in a cirquit

Last edited:

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Mark Your up to main lobby GT

Jussi_SMS

Community Member
Reaction score
Pressures are fine, but thanks for the guess.
It's the pressure. Even if they're "fine" you're losing some as the tyres cool down and that slows you down. Even 0.1 bar drop can affect the top speed quite a bit. I'm probably gonna pump mine up to like 2.4-2.5 bar to get a bit extra on the straights. =)

EDIT: If you do the opposite, and start a practice session with cold tyres, you'll notice your Mulsanne speeds going up a bit as the pressures rise slightly.

Last edited:

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
It's the pressure. Even if they're "fine" you're losing some as the tyres cool down and that slows you down. Even 0.1 bar drop can affect the top speed quite a bit. I'm probably gonna pump mine up to like 2.4-2.5 bar to get a bit extra on the straights. =)

EDIT: If you do the opposite, and start a practice session with cold tyres, you'll notice your Mulsanne speeds going up a bit as the pressures rise slightly.

It is not. I tried starting with cold tyres and reproduced the same thing. Maybe I written it down badly - I have no issue with top speed but the speed decrease between the slight right turn and hill on Mulsanne.

Nada

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry i can't drive tonight

Jussi_SMS

Community Member
Reaction score
It is not. I tried starting with cold tyres and reproduced the same thing. Maybe I written it down badly - I have no issue with top speed but the speed decrease between the slight right turn and hill on Mulsanne.
Ah, you meant that OK, sorry I did indeed misunderstand.

Can't think of anything off the top of my head, other than maybe tyres cooling down -> less grip -> more scrub through there -> reduced speed?

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Ah, you meant that OK, sorry I did indeed misunderstand.

Can't think of anything off the top of my head, other than maybe tyres cooling down -> less grip -> more scrub through there -> reduced speed?
Seems to be OK in online session ☺

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
Get a blue screen with loose of control before...hope nobody get a problem due my disconnect.

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
had to retire, geting bad lag spikes, I'll stay in the lobby though :)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had a massive lag spike/blackout, for about 10 seconds next thing felt crash, doesnt look like i hit anyone. gutted as i just got back to 3rd as it happened.

Users who are viewing this thread