Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - Rd 1: Zolder (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - Rd 1: Zolder
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, June 14, 2020 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, June 14, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
That was one of the toughest races I did ever. Hadn't had enough time to really prepare when it comes to setup for the wet. I struggled with overheating and lack of grip, especially towards the end of the stints. Having the aggressive preset as a basic for the wet race didn't help much as well.

I spun at least five times and had several tough moments. Luckily I didn't take anyone with me (at least I hope so).

Finished 19th in the end, but for the last 10 minutes I was just praying for the end to come.

Josh

Community Member
Reaction score
@Cornworld I am the biggest idiot for missing my braking point into hairpin lap2 or 3. I was the one who t-boned you and ruined both our races at that point. I was so far off the braking point I turned right hoping to pass by both of you two GTR's. I am not sure what I was thinking but it was a HUGE mental lapse. I have no excuse. Huge apology to you. :oops:

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Cornworld I am the biggest idiot for missing my braking point into hairpin lap2 or 3. I was the one who t-boned you and ruined both our races at that point. I was so far off the braking point I turned right hoping to pass by both of you two GTR's. I am not sure what I was thinking but it was a HUGE mental lapse. I have no excuse. Huge apology to you. :oops:
It’s accepted mate. I’m not happy but I really appreciate your excuse. Where good.

GosuNoob

Community Member
Reaction score
That was an interesting one, but disappointing. :banghead:

I was in panic mode in the formation lap when I realized I forgot to start up OBS. I launched it but all it did was update and then cause my game to render at 30 fps or below for some reason. After a while it became too difficult as I kept being put off by the unstable framerate and freezes, so I came into the pits and retired after a few incidents involving other cars. Think in this time I managed to battle a few cars, clean battles so at least that was enjoyable, but apologies to @GosuNoob who got caught up in my issue. Can't blame anyone but myself for the mistake that resulted in a technical glitch.

@T.rev.1 you might want to have a look at your awareness. I was on your outside and it looks like you didn't account for it. It was a clean move in T3 but you brake into me. Around lap 22-23 I believe.

No worries bud. I think we all had plenty to worry about this race and I honestly don't even remember the incident so it must have not been very impactful. Appreciate the apology, but we're all good :)

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
It was a hard race for me. I went without any preparation, I hope I didn't disturb anyone much. @Battenberg Thank you for the little fight

Dangerous Gianetta

Community Member
Reaction score
first of all thanks @David Siska , all joined friiends and RSR staffs.
This is really hard race in my experience for 5 years. great weather combination was good idea.unfortunately this race was higher level for me.For good result and more safety on track that needs to be well prepared:) . Congrats to podium friends and all survived friends.
i really enjoyed most of part of race. i finished the race 1 hit and 1 contact not bad short track with rain y weather.Sorry for hit mate i dont know who was .i could wait for excuse but track was so busy mate.it was sector 3 .green porshe :( Srry again mate.you can take me steward .im open to all penalties.
im really enjoed again all minutes of race it was really interesting race. Started to race 17th place and wet tyres and i was up to 6th place first 30 min .i used early pit and changed to dry tyres.I did mistake i had to countinue with wet tyres .last 1 hour race it was too longest time in my life.:) im still thinking race is continuing:)
and finshed 8th place.
last thing honestly i want to say Please keep quiet friends during the race.im sure most of guys complain about shouts.some times i didnt hear engine sound and it gave me somemistakes especially brake points. im not saying about race prosedures (blue flag, warning letting pass etc)

cheers
srry for bad english friends.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Real fun and demanding race. My right wrist was done after the race, hard work keeping the car straight.

So we got a Wet Race: prepared a setup during pracc and was surprised I was P1 on pracc.
Quali: P4 less than 0.1s from P1 says it all about the competitiveness of the front guys in the race.
Race: Start was clean, and kept the P4, but on lap 2 i saw a torpedo incoming on my rear mirror coming down the hairpin. I swerved left and hoped he just passed between me and P3: he did not and both were out.
Lost a few seconds to @Puffpirat and @Morvic but managed to catch them while they were dealing with the first backmarkers: i was seeing things get dangerous with backmarkers and i was about to suggest them we do a gentleman's agreement to not try to get advantage of the other 2 because of backmarker dealing...when Puff spun overtaking and Morvic got a few seconds advantage.

After that was just dealing with backmarkers and trying to catch Morvic but i think he had the edge, specially at the end of both stints he was slightly faster: proof of that is the 11sec different in the end. Congratz @Morvic well deserved and happy to see another GTR winning :).

P2, absolutely thrilled with the results and onwards to the next one: i was not supposed to be able to join Race 2 but my flight was cancelled and i'm going to take a flight only on the Monday after the race: so, yeah count me in for race 2!

There was a lot of noise with regards to backmarkers in TS: just remember it's easier to lap someone than being lapped: that being said, i saw some pretty uncooperative backmarkers, that needed extra patience and care to deal with.

P.S.: my fastest lap was a lap where i simply missed the 2nd chicane: it was a 1:33:x, please remove it from the official result.

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score
Although i got only 18th i enjoyed it very much. Had a decent start and was in top 12 with reasoable pace and could keep up with the guys infront. After a while my times went up with a second a lap, the tyres got too hot and i spun in turn 1 and lost it in turn 2 straight away as the tyres where so damn hot. Pitted with 70 minutes to go for slicks plus 110 liters of fuel lol, in hindsight that was a stupid decision but i gambled that the track would dry up a bit more. They tyres never got warm but the tyres where predictable and i was consistent albeit a 1.5-2 seconds of the pace but the tyres lasted unlike the wets as the guys around me pitted more. With 25 minutes to go i was around 11th place i guess and i decided to go with the wets till the end. When i entered the pit i realised i forgot to do a pit strategy in setup so the would refuel me again and i already had too much fuel, i was so busy to put refuel at 0 that i forgot to change to wets and i was again on dry's. I came out behind @Ricardo Macieira and whe had a fight until he braked to late for a corner and lost the car and spun into my side, so i had to pit again and now i changed to wets. Was more then 2 seconds quicker straight away.. but was in 20th and 3 laps down.. but had a nice battle with @Eugene Gajkin and @Jomba so in the end 18th place but have learned a lot and thats what important for me atm as i only have the game for around 4 weeks now. Looking forward to the next one.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
P.S.: my fastest lap was a lap where i simply missed the 2nd chicane: it was a 1:33:x, please remove it from the official result.

You're not getting away that easily ;)
1592169941649.png

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You're not getting away that easily ;)
View attachment 9201

I honestly don't know if there is an extra point for fastest lap or smt like that, but if there was one i think it's only fair to call out that cheeky lap :).

Anyway, i got fastest lap on the race: grand, was not expecting that!

• Winner
Reactions: Tom

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Iirc pit stop with tyre change is fixed to 30 sec regardless of how much fuel you add right? If so I probably unchecked the tyre change box while in the pit because my pit was 18 sec, this explains why car was totally undriveable after pit and my times went up by 3 secs...:facepalm: need replay

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I wouldn't say this was hardest race I've ever driven, but it was tough and I'm happy with a win. Managed to be very consistent and abuse kerbs without getting my tires blowing up, which I guess is a good thing. It would have been a perfect race if I didn't overfuel.

Although I must say I hate the fact that @Puffpirat and @Cornworld got nuked to oblivion, and somehow the standards for this race have dropped massively. Everyone needs to take way more care when driving, especially when it's raining. I'd be way more happy with my win if they were fighting with me for this.
I'm 90% sure that if it doesn't improve next race, I'll do my best to get a full replay and report every incident, regardless if it affects me or not.

Let's hope the next one is better!

Last edited:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Any reason why my name is shown as blank in the results link?

I think ACC doesn't like special characters. I'll change the Ž to a Z on the entry list for the next one, I imagine that'll fix it. Our normal RSR Google Sheet results are unaffected, as your forum name is cross referenced to your Steam ID from the server result files :cool:
Post automatically merged:

Ah, just remembered we're not forcing driver names on the server. You'll need to do it in your profile in game @Jomba.

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Any reason why my name is shown as blank in the results link?
I think ACC doesn't like special characters. I'll change the Ž to a Z on the entry list for the next one, I imagine that'll fix it. Our normal RSR Google Sheet results are unaffected, as your forum name is cross referenced to your Steam ID from the server result files :cool:
Post automatically merged:

Ah, just remembered we're not forcing driver names on the server. You'll need to do it in your profile in game @Jomba.
Our results are fine :)

• Winner
Reactions: Tom

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Little race report from me, then. I didn't have much time for practice on the run up to the race. I had a pretty bad headache yesterday, so wasn't sure if I could keep my concentration for the race. Anyway, was glad to see it was a wet/damp race. I was having the same tyre issues as everyone else, melting my wets within a few laps. Thanksfully there had been more rain as the sessions went on, so I could manage my temps a little better. Still found myself searching for the wetter patches of the circuit right through the end.

Qualified P18, which was about right. I don't have the outright speed to compete here. The Aston doesn't feel very lively around Zolder, despite me running a fairly aggressive set-up.

Race started really cleanly for me, and for most I think. Was good to see people taking it easy in the opening laps. Then a few laps in my worst scenario, having a incident with my teammate @kobusnell . I don't have the reply, but it seemed like a bit of lag, but either way you had no drive out of the final chicane and I lightly tapped you and spun you around. I went on the grass and lost a few places but managed to keep going. Then a lap or so later I had got passed one of the front runners, possibly @Morvic (in the blue/white GT-R) a few corners before Bolderbergbocht, the tight right hander at the back of the circuit. As the field was sorting itself out, @Battenberg made a great pass down the inside into the turn and was on the right leaving the corner. As we entered the next little 'chicane' we touched and both spun. I was aware of someone over my left shoulder and trying to keep a line through there and it went a bit wrong. Anyway, was down to P23 at that point I think, so was preparing myself for damage limitation. Rest of my first stint was pretty quiet. Made up a few places and came into pit pretty much half way through. Took on fuel and tyres and went back out. My tyre temps were a little higher then the first stint but they didn't get as hot as in qualifying. However, much to surprise I came out in P10 after my pit. Not sure how I gained a couple of places. I gained one more place up to P9 and managed to keep it there until the end, despite being chased down by @kobusnell and I was quickly closing in on @Dangerous Gianetta who was struggling with tyres.

Just checked simresults and really pleased to see I was the most consistent in the race, even though I had 2 incidents. I'm certainly far from the fastest but at least that is a positive.

Just one negative note that I wont go into too much, but just like in the pre-season race, some of the backmarking was not great. Again, some drivers were either not yielding, and even worse, one or two tried to unlap themselves for no reason other than causing me issues when I was in my own battle for position. I said it last time, if you are faster and want to unlap yourself, make it known on TS. Don't just drive all over the back of me for a few laps and attempt to pass me when I have no idea why.

Anyway, I really enjoyed most of the race, see you all at the next one. Congrats to the winner and podium places, and to my teammate @kobusnell for a great team result in the first race :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread