For start i reset my settings (deleted folders as it was described in this thread) and then completely uninstalled graphics drivers with the DDU tool and made a fresh install. This put the VR performance to levels similar to 0.7.2, which for me means playable.
Set Resolution Scale to 99% and Pixel Density to 100% in-game and adjust the SuperSampling with the Oculus Tray Tool or Debug Tool.It works, thanks. Had it at 100%, such a small thing and it makes such a difference.
Sorry Jonno, I was side tracked last night, I can get some settings to you on Friday, but as I say they're not exactly refined. You can start with @Exited's tips to get you going for now:Mine aren't especially refined, but they helped Si a bit, so I'll post them tomorrow
Set Resolution Scale to 99% and Pixel Density to 100% in-game and adjust the SuperSampling with the Oculus Tray Tool or Debug Tool.
Be aware that you can't adjust all settings while being in the car and being in a session, mirrors for example. Set the mirror resolution to low as it is unbelievable taxing, the quality you can set to medium. Distance to around 70m.
We are releasing a preview version of our 1.0.3 Hotfix.
It introduces several important updates, including a brand new controller settings page, updates in Multiplayer and Ratings, gameplay, VR, replay management and audio encoding.
To find information about how to opt into the public beta branch, visit this thread:
Please keep this topic clean and indicate in your reports the version you are using!
- Audio optmizations to lower the memory footprint.
- Fixes to overall game stability and added logging.
- Fixed a rare bug that failed to turn on the ignition in AI cars.
- Fixed driver swap missing in Race 2 of career race weekends.
- Fixed autosave not storing tyre set wear data.
- Fixed random weather not randomizing ambient temperature.
- Fixed potential issue not auto saving replays
- Fixed disabled driver foot animations in the Mercedes-AMG GT3.
- Revamped controller options menu, allowing keyboard, direct-input and X-input customization.
NOTE: old controller presets will continue to work.
- Fixed widget position when the car crosses the finish line.
- Camera movement and look-with-wheel sliders activate/deactivate in relevant camera modes.
- Fixed a bug on the weather page that allowed rain level without cloud level when after entering the page.
- Fixed confusing behaviour of random track button on the weather UI.
- Fixed weather summary incorrectly reporting dynamic weather disabled with random weather on.
- Fixed podium sequence not responding to mapped pause key.
- Fixed championship AI aggression being incorrectly limited to 80-100%.
- Default championship settings updated.
- Resume button added inside the main Championship and Career pages.
- Revised layout organization of race-end messages.
- Fixed wind speed not being absolute value.
- Mouse in VR: added wheel and scroll bar support.
- Fix to the HUD stereo layer clipping with the car geometry.
RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
- The "too slow for Eau Rouge" fix introduced in 1.0.1 is now more accurate.
- Fixed a an issue where cars can load without setup (=no ABS/TC) applied / HUD invisible.
- Entrylists can now use "isAdmin" as intended.
- Entrylists can now use "overrideDriverInfo" as intended.
- Added ServerAdminHandbook v1 to the server folder.