Assetto Corsa Competizione Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

deadmeat2k

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am mostly driving in Project Cars 2 (although I've done some hours in iRacing, Dirt Rally 1,2, rFactor..).

Is Assetto Corsa Competizione "worth" buying (over e.g. PC2)?

Thanks.

I have spent many hours behind the wheel in PC2 and enjoy some of the cars a lot (C Class and vintage especially) together with the excellent catalogue of tracks. Before ACC the GT3 class was my favourite though.

But I have been with ACC ever since Early Access 1. And although I do play PC2 on occasion I always gravitate towards ACC again. The limitation to the GT3 class does not bother me one bit. The physics, force feedback and sheer immersion from awesome graphics and sound has me completely hooked. Also, nothing beats finding a good MP server with a clean race. The satisfaction from a great race in ACC beats PC2 any day!

On the other hand, ACC is also a (much) more realistic simulator and therefore can also be more unforgiving than PC2. But if you would like to take your racing to another level without having to pay monthly fee, then this is the way to go. I also play a bit of Raceroom, and though that game has its strengths, I would any day point at ACC as the better next step from PC2.

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
I have spent many hours behind the wheel in PC2 and enjoy some of the cars a lot (C Class and vintage especially) together with the excellent catalogue of tracks. Before ACC the GT3 class was my favourite though.

But I have been with ACC ever since Early Access 1. And although I do play PC2 on occasion I always gravitate towards ACC again. The limitation to the GT3 class does not bother me one bit. The physics, force feedback and sheer immersion from awesome graphics and sound has me completely hooked. Also, nothing beats finding a good MP server with a clean race. The satisfaction from a great race in ACC beats PC2 any day!

On the other hand, ACC is also a (much) more realistic simulator and therefore can also be more unforgiving than PC2. But if you would like to take your racing to another level without having to pay monthly fee, then this is the way to go. I also play a bit of Raceroom, and though that game has its strengths, I would any day point at ACC as the better next step from PC2.

Thanks for the great overview.

How is with the MP lobbies?
Are there constantly some open and you can join anytime without waiting or are there specific "rush hours" when there are more players online?

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
82856629_4064522350240719_4026206217054453760_o.jpg
83341561_4064522380240716_2158842595252371456_o.jpg
83494631_4064522950240659_5861363034450034688_o.jpg
83934917_4064522543574033_8706930205517676544_o.jpg

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Finally sakitto :D

zevme

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am mostly driving in Project Cars 2 (although I've done some hours in iRacing, Dirt Rally 1,2, rFactor..).

Is Assetto Corsa Competizione "worth" buying (over e.g. PC2)?

Thanks.
it DOES WORTH

i really enjoy the physics.....teh feelings

usually mentions cons... only gt3? few tracks.. ok it s a licenced Blancpain game... does anybody want lmp1 cars in the F1 201x games?

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
Well..during this last sale I've bought ACC (and original AC :) ) and so far I've done a couple of practices and races...and I must say that PC2 won't see me much anymore .. :D

Is there some FAQ, best practices guide on how to start with ACC - settings, tuning, driving...etc?

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well..during this last sale I've bought ACC (and original AC :) ) and so far I've done a couple of practices and races...and I must say that PC2 won't see me much anymore .. :D

Is there some FAQ, best practices guide on how to start with ACC - settings, tuning, driving...etc?
Welcome to the bright side of sim racing life mate :D
For starting with ACC I would recommend the Blog posts in the official forum ( @Noztra linked a lot of them in our ACC forum as well) about the cars, Engine map settings, brakes, tires, aero, etc.
Then just start driving in practice mode with the safe or aggressive setup preset. I would go with the Nissan or the BMW, imo they are quite easy to drive at the beginning.
ACC has a quite good rating system and you need to earn track medals first to get your track rating (TR rating) to 99. For that just drive some clean laps (no offtracks, no spins etc.) on every track, I think you need 5 laps or so for the 3 track medals. After that you can improve your Car Control (CC rating) and Consistency (CN rating). Just read the blog post about it, the ratings do follow each other at the beginning and you will unlock more ratings if you improve one rating enough.

I wouldn't bother with setups at the beginning, I always use the aggressive preset as a base, put brake Bias little bit more to the back and adjust tire pressures so that you hit 27,5 to 28psi when the tire is on working temperature.

Cheers,
Exited

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Tbh, teasing is good and it is good marketing, but Kunos overdid it with the IGTC DLC. They shared the first pics of Kyalami and Bathurst at middle of December and everything looked already finished. Since three weeks they show pictures of the other tracks aswell and still no release date...
As massive ACC fan I'm becoming rather annoyed by those pictures as I can't see any progress since 2 months and I ask myself why they do waste their time by producing those pictures instead of finishing the DLC...
On top of that devs communicate in the official forum that the driver swap is an unlisted, experimental feature which no date to be finished and no priority for them to work flawlessly... Final nail in the coffin for my small hope of an official Spa24h this year, hopefully someone like MrGit or so will organise a private Spa24h as I would really love to do it...

Enough of my rant, like Nicki Thiim says hopefully 'they get their fingers out of the ass' and the DLC will be out at the end of february!

Cheers!

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
You sound like making screenshots is time and work resource consuming process :)

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
he's just exCited about the new DLC..

C what I did there....;)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You sound like making screenshots is time and work resource consuming process :)
It certainly won't take weeks, but setting up the scenery, check were to cool spots are, changing between night and day, with cars, without cars, sun or rain, doing the post processing and photoshop for the candy etc. etc. etc.

Nevermind, like I said, hopefully it will be out till end of february!

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
im expecting(almost pretty sure) that they will release tomorrow/this weekend

also mr.git can do what he's doing only at spa and its only experimental stuff aswell

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
im expecting(almost pretty sure) that they will release tomorrow/this weekend

also mr.git can do what he's doing only at spa and its only experimental stuff aswell
They did big grid races also on Paul Ricard, Hungaroring etc.
Kunos gave them patched tracks with more pitboxes :)

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
They did big grid races also on Paul Ricard, Hungaroring etc.
Kunos gave them patched tracks with more pitboxes :)
good to know, when i asked him it was only spa

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You'd be surprised at how long it takes ;) :D

(EDIT: That said, it might be quick and easy in ACC, I haven't tried)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I can make 780mb screenshots with Ansel, that's very time consuming if you don't have 32gb+ ram :D

Last edited:

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
You'd be surprised at how long it takes ;) :D

(EDIT: That said, it might be quick and easy in ACC, I haven't tried)
Nah ;)
What I mean is that making those promo-screenshots can be a part of tracks and assets checking scedule, and it doesn't mean that whole Kunos studio is busy with screenshooting instead of developing the content for the game :p

Users who are viewing this thread