Star Citizen (1 Viewer)

B

Blue Monkey

The only fact I can see in your list is that Freelancer was released. Putting fact in block capitals in front of an opinion doesn't make it a fact.
Yep those are facts.
Please don't tell me when I can and can't post here, my opinions are just as valid as yours.
I can tell you to stop spreading misinformation and that is what I do right now.
Also there is no hatred needed in this thread.
I don't have anything against a fair and nice discussion, but not fueled by lies / misinformation or someone hating on the game.

The Kotaku article is a good one though :) and should give most people a good insight how development works and the road of Star Citizen sofar.

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm not spreading misinformation, I've done a lot of reading about this as I find the subject fascinating. Pointing out that the game has had a troubled development since the start is not 'hating'. You're very careful with your wording but you've had a pop at me in every one of your posts since we started this conversation (I know nothing about development, I'm a liar etc). I won't be resorting to the same thing so probably best to leave it there.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Keep it civil guys. No need to call someone a liar etc...

Everyone got his opinion and every opinion should be accepted and respected :)

B

Blue Monkey

Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 has been released to PTU (persistent test universe) and content creation is now officially allowed.
Not all can test it at the moment, but I think/hope they will open it up to everyone within 2 weeks.
Here some footage:

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice to see some progress there. Those framerates / framedrops still make the game unplayable for 'serious' gaming :)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just seen in an email that 3.0 goes live tomorrow

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Topsie

Community Member
Reaction score
I've loved the idea of this game for a while now. Is it worth getting into at this time, or best to wait? I assume it's vr ready?

SP1KEGRW

Community Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this game with the new update

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
You are a graphics whore like me, then you wanna see this (SC Alpha 3.2)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have just redownloaded this and am planning on firing it up soon and getting it running.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Should do it aswell!

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I for one will wait until it actually appears as a complete game (hahaha) and that said game has great reviews before parting with my hard earned internet dollars...

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
IMO Not ready for regular play yet, sry guys ...
For having a sneek peak - maybe >>> I suggest using the PTU for that, because you have more money ingame usually and newest bug fixes are in ...
The next update that hopefully expands gameplay, is 3.3, but ultimately it will be 3.6 (Server meshing & full Stanton Star System) - this is ofc the current information acc. to roadmap (which they just said will be updated soon again)

Let's have a look at the roadmap (updated 27th of July)
  • Star Citizen Alpha 3.2 (already released)
    • Mining on planetary bodies
  • Star Citizen Alpha 3.3 (Q3 2018, around end of September)
    • Asteroid mining
    • Buying ships ingame with earned ingame money acc. to devs
    • New stations, Rest Stops (Small)
    • First planet and its moons, Hurston, with the Lorville Landing Zone
    • More missions and new mission giver
    • First FPS AI implementation
    • My favorite: FOIP = Face Over IP :) so ingame voice and face chat
  • Star Citizen Alpha 3.4 (Q4 2018, probably Christmas)
    • Playable Female Character, yummy
    • Second planet and its moons, ArcCorp, with the Area18 landing zone (redone) - this one will look particulary good
    • New mission types
    • AI stealth
  • Star Citizen Alpha 3.5 (Q1 2019, around end of March)
    • Salvage, Repair, Refuel (incl. fuel collection & transfer)
    • There is not much info available about this patch, probably more available towards the end of the year
  • Star Citizen Alpha 3.6 (Q2 2019, around end of June)
    • Server meshing ; so basically infinite people could see and interact with each other - this is the big deal
    • Refineries
    • Long range scanning (first exploration stuff)
    • Data running
    • Land claiming and probably building player owned outposts
    • Cloud technology, so this patch could see us 2 more planets implemented (Hurston, Crusader), so the first star system would be finished
    • There is not much info available about this patch, probably more available towards the end of the year
All patches usually contain more ships, more clothing pieces, more weapons, optimizations and performance improvements :)
The roadmap can always change, often bigger things drop out when they start working on the patch (usually directly after releasing previous one) because they realize its not doable within the time frame. There are often things implemented that are not on the public roadmap (mostly smaller stuff). The roadmaps development status is directly linked to their JIRA!

www.robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen

Last edited:

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Blue Monkey Good to see you around homie. Hope all is well. :)

Blue Monkey

Reaction score

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
Always astonishing what gamers can do (this is not a trailer by the devs!)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I bought into star citizenaround the same time as I signed up for WMD for PC1...ive had so much pleasure since but sadly little or nothing from SC.

I’d really like to see this finished one day, but they need to decide what the finished product is going to be and just get on with it. It’s taken scope creep to a never seen before level. I spotted the other day you can buy an in game package for $27,000...For WMD returns that makes sense but not just for ships in a game, that’s insane!

It’s little wonder there is so much criticism of the way this game has developed, completely bizarre. Not hating on it, I’d like to see it made, but as a project it’s way off the rails.

Users who are viewing this thread