The Coronavirus / Covid 19 Thread (1 Viewer)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I hope you will be okay with your mental health services @Cornworld

I'm trying hard to stay off social media and reading the news so often.

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My company limited the personnel in the office to 15% at any given time, and limited that we need to use the work desktops, so we had to move home, at a really slow rate, because of the 15% limit.
While there is a really strict deadline we need to complete, for an Italian customer, who didn't get the memo, that their country is shut down for 2 weeks, so they didn't ease anything on the deadline. :dead:

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I live in the Netherlands, currently where not in a total lock but life isn't remotely what it was. Schools are closed so out two kids are at home and we have taken over lessons. My wife still is able to work but we don't know for how long. Her dentist practice is only doing emergency treatment. Non essential stores are closing down rapidly and food stores are regularly raided. Seems that being in a crises causes a massive graving for toilet paper

What I find very sad is what some have to go through. People are dying in hospitals without there lived ones there. Burials take place without the posility to say farewell. People are losing there job, homes and live in absolute uncertainty. My heart goes out to them.

For me personally it's intense atm. Mental health care is also coming to stop atm so there is a potential risk that my therapy will be suspended or have to take place via video or telephone on a reduced schedule. Already sessions where skipped and I feel the effect. That combined with the impossibility to get enough rest at home to recharge is getting scary because I know what will happen when I'm getting mentally tired.

Hope the best for all our members in the period to come.
If you ever feel like venting or generally just talk remember you have a great community alongside you here :stig: <3

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
my turn, what can i say.Here in Portugal we're basically at same "stage" as the rest of Europe.
Schools are closed,all caffes,bars,discos,cloth stores,barber shops,tattoo shops,gyms guess what all closed,and yeah like in your countries runs to groceries was chaotic(worst than black friday) and again guess what toilett paper sold out.
only this week our gov decided to close the border with spain,so far no official order to stay at home or get the country on a full lockdown(we're waiting for an annoucement tonight) so yeah i dont know what will be our future
dont know whatelse to say.stay tuned
#stayhome #rsrfamily

Last edited:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
It’s difficult to put into words, my kids are 12 and 14 and I don’t know how to prepare them for what is to come. It’s not the virus, the economic and social fallout is where things will really change. I told them today, nothing like this has happened in my lifetime, but it’s important not to panic, and to look out for each other. Now we’re on lockdown I’m insisting we have a half hour dog walk every evening together.

Fortunately we’re all low risk, but being on a week’s notice is a precarious position right now. I also feel a huge responsibility to impress on my kids how to respond when the shit hits the fan, I hope I get it right.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Fun facts from Portugal

-our Internet/cable tv providers offered everyone sports channel pack(usually paid) WTF there's no futeballl no f1 no nothing god damn it offer us adu*** pack instead.
-they also offered 10gb mobile data again WTF if the point is making people to stay home we dont need mobile data we have normal internet
thanks a lot

and the best part
fj7sjkwun8m41.jpg

the first day they closed schools everyone went to the beach :banghead:
thats all for the moment
#portugalftw #wearesof******smart

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Easy for me. I woke up, had a shit and got ready for work. Travel to and from like I have been for the past week or so. Our office today decided to not see clients for meetings.

I walk through town with hundreds of people driving, old people still out and about despite being told not to, people queueing first thing to get into the shops to panic buy.

Me? I go to work, I do my time, walk out at lunch and round no problem. My wife, in the pharmacy on the front line where the old are constantly going in to stockpile on meds.

All in all, poor decisions from Boris who needs to sort it out. Last Thursday it was business as usual so we all got "herd immunity", now its stay away from people socially.

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it is appropriate to share with all the stuff goin on, but I figured out why everyone is buying so much toilet paper.
When one person coughs, at least ten others around them sh!t themselves.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Not sure if it is appropriate to share with all the stuff goin on, but I figured out why everyone is buying so much toilet paper.
Honestly though I don't see why you stockpile toilet paper....just use the shower head. Japanese style!

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
At times like this, in my opinion its always time to have a bit of humour. It helps get through this.

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I work at denso UK and since most car manufactures and mainly most of the customers we make parts for are closing I'll probably be the only manufacturing company still going in the uk while the rest ride it out closed :rolleyes: :joyful: :banghead:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I work at denso UK and since most car manufactures and mainly most of the customers we make parts for are closing I'll probably be the only manufacturing company still going in the uk while the rest ride it out closed :rolleyes: :joyful: :banghead:

I'd need some new spark plugs soon. If you're bored at work, you can ship me some. :p

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
An update from me: After yesterday's news from the Government, my school is staying open for vulnerable students and the children of 'Key Workers' (which has yet to be defined exactly). So as I don't have any kids of my own, and I'm still (relatively) healthy, I'm still going to be needed to work to do my part in keeping the key workers at work and not at home. Details are very thin (no further info from the government or council since yesterday's announcement), but an extended holiday isn't on the cards.

To be honest though, I'm somewhat relieved that I'll still have some sort of normalcy amongst all this, I can't image self isolation is any fun beyond the first handful of days.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yea, take some positives from it. As least it keeps you working and a sense of some kind of normal. It's early days and we're only social distancing at the minute. If places get locked down more, it might create more issues. But we are more resilient than we think we are.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'd need some new spark plugs soon. If you're bored at work, you can ship me some. :p
I'd love to but sadly at my factory we only do Radiators, oil coolers & condensers.

Users who are viewing this thread