iRacing 12h Sebring - 11th March 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY @Yorkie_065 Yeah I'm down for the DP. However I would also make sure you practice with both cars in case I can't make it. While I'll be back at the base it's still a 3 hour drive back home and that's if we get that weekend off. I'm fully committed it will just depend on them releasing us for that weekend. So my only time to practice will be the weekend I get back March 2-5 and that Friday night and possibly Saturday if you all decide to race Sunday which I doubt lol.

G

Gopher04

He's comin home he's comin home Falcon comin home..dam already that went quick man.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm back where I belong, yeah I never felt so strong yeah!!!!
I'm back baby!!!! :headphone::headphone::headphone:

We will rock Sebring @falcon2081!!

G

Gopher04

I bet he struts like that as well..

Maybe one day I'll be able to sit in my seat long enough to actually race again and not be dying in pain..

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
As for T1 and the final turn, it's hard to put into words. T1, the barrier straightens out after gently moving to the left, at that point, on the outside there is a telegraph pole that I use. That is for me both a turn in and braking point, where I swing the car in with a nice arc in towards the inside turn. On the inside fence is an orange cone which is my apex, clipping that you can accelerate out and continue the sweeping arc through the corner. Take it in third, and be gentle on the brakes going in, basically let the car coast through the corner and let the aero do the work.

Final turn is more difficult to describe as I'm still not 100% sure of the line. I generally stay tighter, 2nd gear through the apex under the bridge and after the major bump half way through, you can feed the power back in. Obviously as the laps go on, you need to be more careful as the tyres are more willing to give up on you as you ride the bumps through the exit, but generally I tend to hang it relatively tight and again try and keep a relatively smooth-ish arc through the corner. Might try and record a video at some point as that will work a lot better than me failing to explain it :p

I will do a very slow drive through, reverse, drive through, reverse again, drive through again to transpose this to the track :p Cheers Yorkie :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Allright, we should also start maybe next week with some preparations (thanks @Elmo for the link) :D :D :D

Reactions: Tom

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Allright, we should also start maybe next week with some preparations (thanks @Elmo for the link) :D :D :D

I will be here for some practice. I'm just not sure I will be able to race but I think the practice won't hurt

F1-Masa

Community Member
Reaction score
Also VLN Series starts march every 1month is 4h nurburgring combined track and audi mercedes bmw z4 mazda and porche 3 class. And splits is qualy time so even if you are 1500ir you still can register top split if you are something top20 qualy. Also 1 fast repair.

Last edited:

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@F1-Masa what date is the VLN in March?

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
So with this race soon approaching (just over 2 weeks away), we should probably start to figure out who is actually wanting to do this/who can definitely make it, and organizing driver pairings or teams (depending if people want to run in 2 or 3 man teams).

Could we get a show of hands as to who is definitely wanting in at Sebring, and your preferred cars (just give top 2 cars).

Car Preference:
1- Merc AMG GT3
2- Corvette C7 DP

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
So with this race soon approaching (just over 2 weeks away), we should probably start to figure out who is actually wanting to do this/who can definitely make it, and organizing driver pairings or teams (depending if people want to run in 2 or 3 man teams).

Could we get a show of hands as to who is definitely wanting in at Sebring, and your preferred cars (just give top 2 cars).

Car Preference:
1- Merc AMG GT3
2- Corvette C7 DP
I'm 50/50 atm, I will most likely only be able to do the saturday race if I do participate.
Car Preference:
1- Merc AMG GT3
2- Audi R8 GT3

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Should be good for this.

Car Preference:
1- Merc AMG GT3
2- Corvette C7 DP
3 - Audi R8 GT3

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Car Preference:
1) Corvette DP
2) Mercedes GT3 or whichever is better

*As of now I am good to join this race. However, I will know for sure what my schedule will look like once I return to the States next week. So far they have told us we will have weekends off unless that changes I will let you all know.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
From experienced iRacers I can tell you that the Mercedes will be the better choice considering it's quite a bumpy track with annoying kerbs. The Audi is a risky choice, even for a shorter 12 hours race.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I would have thought the Audi would have the edge with the amount of slow corners and the punch out of them.

1. Audi R8
2. AMG Mercedes

Users who are viewing this thread