iRacing 12h Sebring - 11th March 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Car Preference:
1) Corvette DP
2) Mercedes GT3 or whichever is better

*Although it would be maybe better to do GT3 @falcon2081. Coming back from 1 year absence and jump into the DP, I am not sure... I go with whatever you want, Rock 'n' Roll!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Unfortunatly I'm out untill I get the funds together for a new PC. I've tried iRacing on my older laptop (yes, I had 2) but it just cannot handle it. My goal is to have the PC up and running before LeMans 24 on iRacing. In the meantime I'll get a headset too to assist if needed with strategy / moral support ;)

Besides that, Paints is where I'm at.

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
im in

Car Preference:
1- Merc AMG GT3
2- Audi R8 GT3

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nope, sorry, I won't be taking part - I'm letting my iracing subscription expire (in a few days from now).

EDIT : Also, it being a flat circuit doesn't interest me at all. I absolutely loathe - in all games, so this is not a dig at iRacing at all - flat circuits. Indy Road Course, Ruapunani, Daytona in-field section, etc etc etc. . Give me some inclines to climb and hollows to dive down into and I'm a happy chicken. The world isn't flat, it's time racing circuits woke up to that fact :p . Having watched some onboard footage, Sebring would be absolutely epic if they made 2 changes to it - 1) Bring the edges in, so that there's not so much "blank canvas" areas. It just feels too "open" and I feel lost. 2) Put some up and down bits in it. With those 2 changes, it's a circuit I reckon I would adore.

Hope the race goes well guys, I'll do my best to tune in and watch some of it :)

Last edited:

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY let's go ahead and do GT3. As much as I want to use that DP Livery we will have to save it for another time. I think I'll have my hands full trying to get back into action with very little time to practice.

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I'm out, sorry guys.

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
I AM IN, unfortunately I still do not have the track but that I get this weekend latest so will only start practicing once I have it.
Car Preference:
1- Merc AMG GT3
2- Audi R8 GT3

By the looks of things we only have 2 teams at present hopefully this will change.
@Today + @Falcon
@Corbs + @Oki

Elmo

SMS Developer
Community Member
Reaction score
Please don't count on me.

Even though I find the AMG 1000x better than the McLaren, I can't commit the time for the preparation this race deserves.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah count me out of this one, was only considering racing Bathurst anyway but I'm no where near the level I need to be with practice, I might hang out for Bathurst 1000 if we decide to enter some cars.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
By the looks of things we only have 2 teams at present hopefully this will change.
@Today + @Falcon
@Corbs + @Oki

How did you work this out? There is more than two teams of interest. Also doesn't it depend on how many people to a team?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How did you work this out? There is more than two teams of interest. Also doesn't it depend on how many people to a team?

I guess if Corbs and Oki wants to drive together then thats okay. Falcon and I already teamed up aswell :p

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I guess if Corbs and Oki wants to drive together then thats okay. Falcon and I already teamed up aswell :p
Oh I see

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
@Bassetts & myself are reuniting after Daytona for an assault on the Sebring 12 Hour. We haven't confirmed whether we will be a 2 or 3 driver team as yet.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
@Bassetts & myself are reuniting after Daytona for an assault on the Sebring 12 Hour. We haven't confirmed whether we will be a 2 or 3 driver team as yet.
Well, if I am able to join, then I could team with you's and then if I can't race I won't be able to join you's. I am more than happy to help develop the car with you's though.

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok I only looked at the confirmed people today not previous dates only those I saw confirming their participation today but 2 in a team is not going to be the norm I suppose and this might change we might have a team with 4 people in it. It is all going to depend on what we want to do. Just because Corbs and I raced together in the Daytona 24HR does not mean we will be racing as a team again (no offence Corbs I still will race with you anyday even if you oversleep again).:D I just looked at what was happening at present and Gxxbs you are more than welcome to join any team you wish even create your own. If Manu wants to have 5 teams of 2 drivers then we go that route or 2 teams with 5 drives we go that route there is no specifics regarding teams I think (@t0daY help here).

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think it's best to have teams of 3 mmbers. Everyone will have 4 hours of driving to do which is still fairly reasonable within a 12 hours timespan. Also gives you quite a lot of time to rest untill your next stint. 2 drivers is pushing it for the unexperienced.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Probably best to draft a list of all those confirmed/potentially attending and those confirmed not attending and look at the numbers.

I was chatting about team size earlier today.

4 People in a team - 3 Hours of driving per driver
3 People in a team - 4 Hours of driving per driver
2 People in a team - 6 Hours of driving per driver

4 People - 1x3 Hour Stints (or 2 x 1.5 Hour) bit of a strange divider.
3 People - 2x2 Hour Stints - 1 person watching/standby and one person would get a full break.
2 People - 3x2 or / 2x3 Hour Stints - No break as you would be either driving or watching/standby

With it only being 12 hour, my view is a 3 people per team too.

Last edited:

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
Probably best to draft a list of all those confirmed/potentially attending and those confirmed not attending and look at the numbers.

I was chatting about team size earlier today.

4 People in a team - 3 Hours of driving per driver
3 People in a team - 4 Hours of driving per driver
2 People in a team - 6 Hours of driving per driver

4 People - 1x3 Hour Stints (or 2 x 1.5 Hour) bit of a strange divider.
3 People - 2x2 Hour Stints - 1 person watching/standby and one person would get a full break.
2 People - 3x2 or / 2x3 Hour Stints - No break as you would be either driving or

With it only being 12 hour, my view is a 3 people per team too.

As a general tip, if you're going to do 4 people, I would recommend either doing 3 x 1 hour stints, or a 2 hour stint and a single hour stint (the latter of the two would be better). The 1.5 hour stint wouldn't be possible unless you go massive on the fuel save, or not fill the car to the brim, neither of which would land you a decent result or make you competitive. Always go for a full tank and run your stints based on how long a full tank would last.

Also, generally keeping a driver in the car, unless there is an issue or the driver wants out, is better than constantly swapping drivers back and forth. If you have 3 drivers constantly rotating on 1 hour stints, each driver is resetting and having to rebuild their rhythm each time they get in the car. If you can a driver in for a second stint, they're already up to speed, the adrenaline and concentration is already there, they know the current track conditions and are in a better position to immediately start extracting the best out the fresh tyres. Obviously, 2 stints is usually around 2 hours so anything over that is pushing it a little, but doing less swaps generally works better for people with their performance on track, and then they have more time off it as well to let the adrenaline slowly settle, grab food, drink and refresh before the next stint. That is unless of course a driver doesn't want to or can't do 2 stints in a row for whatever reason.

Users who are viewing this thread