iRacing 12h Sebring - 11th March 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
For a 12 hour race I will recommend 2-3 drivers per team. Yorkie pretty much answered what I was going to say. Ideal scenario should be 3 drivers per team as that will be a safe way of doing it in case someone on the team has an issue or an emergency there is still a backup. Two is a little risky as you are driving more with less rest but it's doable and from a strategy standpoint the less the car is on pit road the better.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Added the first couple provisional teams in the OP. Last tag for the people who I know they were interested in the past and/or were racing in the 24 Hours of Daytona.

@ramiboo @Mr Beas @Imthecrabby @Stormin @steveg200 @Battenberg

Also, what about a first practice session together at the weekend? I am mostly free and at home cause I got a bit the flu, I am open minded to any time :)

Imthecrabby

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I won't be able to make it, as I have a gig that night, hope you have a good time and I'll try and catch some of the race, if at all

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I'm out of this one. No pressure but now we have had a win, nothing less will do! :p

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sorry guys ,I,m out as well.I need to get my new wheel setup for the back mono on Monday.These load cell pedals are a pain.

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Added the first couple provisional teams in the OP. Last tag for the people who I know they were interested in the past and/or were racing in the 24 Hours of Daytona.

@ramiboo @Mr Beas @Imthecrabby @Stormin @steveg200 @Battenberg

Also, what about a first practice session together at the weekend? I am mostly free and at home cause I got a bit the flu, I am open minded to any time :)

When and what time would you like to do this, I could join depending when my salary gets paid. Should be today sometime so I cannot commit to tonight but anytime Saturday and Sunday will not be a problem. I still need to purchase Sebring that is the reason for waiting to get paid.:)

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys ,I,m out as well.I need to get my new wheel setup for the back mono on Monday.These load cell pedals are a pain.

@steveg200 from what you are saying does this mean you are available to race the Event on 11th March but not participate in the testing this weekend? Just wondering that is all if you are racing the Event then you are welcome to join Corbs and myself in our team.

Provisional Teams
Mercedes AMG GT3 - @t0daY + @falcon2081 + @Mr Beas OMG what a team this would be ALIEN NATION
Mercedes AMG GT3 - @Yorkie_065 + @Puffpirat + @Elmo OMG Stability what more could you want
Mercedes AMG GT3 - @Bassetts + @2scoops (+ @Gxbbs) OMW Extremely competitive team this would be anything can happen here
Mercedes AMG GT3 - @Corbs + @Alex du Plessis + @steveg200 And here we have a great team with a wall banger in between.

Just having some fun because I'm bored. This is not the final teams but the provisional ones in the OP with my added drivers I would not mind seeing in the Teams.

Last edited:

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sorry @Alex du Plessis I think I will not be doing the event on the 11 March.

Mr Beas

Community Member
Reaction score
Just found an email from iracing with a 3 month subscription promo code hidden in my junk folder so i'll be up for this ! I'm not fussed about car choice tbh i'll go with the majority :)

Promo code for anyone that wants it - PRLAPSED3M25. 25% off 3 month, expires on the 1st March though so not much time to use it.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
VRS Setup is now available for Sebring.

I've just taken Merc out for a spin, This is a horrid track for a VR users. The sky, track, and the run off areas just all seem to blend into one white blob. It feels impossible to gauge the track at first, especially looking into the distance.

Did 15 laps, many which ended up off track, but getting a bit of a rhythm and drifting downwards to a 2:03.8 near the end. Next step is the have a look at the VRS video and telemetry.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As soon as the setup discord releases setups for Audi & Metc I'll toss them in here. It's worth a shot since VRS was slacking with good setups

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
What would a decent time to be aiming for?

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Rens Broekman did a 2:00.1 on the VRS time, not sure what a "Decent time" would be :) but it gives a rough starting gauge.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Has a few benchmark times from last week hosted session where Vendaval DP was drving.

Green = Mercedes
Purple = Audi
Blue = BMW
IMG_4540.JPG

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Rens Broekman did a 2:00.1 on the VRS time, not sure what a "Decent time" would be :) but it gives a rough starting gauge.

2.00.1 then :D

I'm aiming for a 2.01 then and see how far I get.

If I can ever get turn 1 and the last turn right :hilarious:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
This was the setup that I had been using. Can't remember my time off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure I posted it back a few pages ago.

Edit: Found them - fastest so far is a 2:02.2xx with relatively consistent pace at an 02.4/02.5's. That is full tank race fuel btw, so those 2:01's could be quali fuel(?), or they do have a good setup :p Think there could be a little more time in the car, with the rear wing possibly going 1 click lower.

Attachments

• Sebring D24H Mod V1.sto
    2 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread