iRacing 12h Sebring - 11th March 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Started practicing Sebring this afternoon, using the setup you posted @Yorkie_065, having problems getting it turned in Turn 1 and the last turn, probably not slowing down enough initially and trying to carry too much corner speed.

@Bassetts & @Gxbbs, what are you using at the moment as we are team mates?

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Started practicing Sebring this afternoon, using the setup you posted @Yorkie_065, having problems getting it turned in Turn 1 and the last turn, probably not slowing down enough initially and trying to carry too much corner speed.

@Bassetts & @Gxbbs, what are you using at the moment as we are team mates?
I will purchase the track tonight hopefully and do some laps. Like i said, my participation is not 100% so I will help with practice but may not be able to race.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
When do you think you will know for certain?

So far only did the 15 laps on Sunday using the VRS setup, will have a play with some of the other setups posted over the last few days tonight.

Doing low 2.03's at best with both the VRS and Yorkie's setup, Yorkies is more forgiving though.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
2.03 flat now, i'm getting half a second up then messing up the last turn :bigtears:

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Make sure to post the Sebring setup in iRacing Setup Sync so I can grab it and practice soon.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Hey falcon, I will try and remember, it's the setup that Yorkie is currently running, uploaded on page 4 of this thread.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I brought the track last night, installed it, refreshed page and it comes up with membership expired :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I will have to wait till tomorrow now :(

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is the BSS setup that Craig A Williams made for Sebring. It can be used for the 12Hrs race with a tip:
  • Keep the front, lower the rear (not fully, but quite low)
Since the tank is in the rear in the Mercedes, lowering the rear will make the car feel more balanced in the middle of the stint. Wanted to contribute since I cannot participate ;)

Attachments

• 2017S1_BSS_Sebring_CraigAWilliams_R.sto
    2 KB · Views: 295
G

Gopher04

You will you be streaming Sebring? wouldn't watching as it was pretty much a disaster race for most of us last year.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I will be streaming one car.

Have done a race at Sebring now, holy shirt, I was knackered after the 40 minute race, double stints is gonna kill me :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You will you be streaming Sebring? wouldn't watching as it was pretty much a disaster race for most of us last year.

Roger, roger!

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Are we sure the AMG is the right car?l

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Are we sure the AMG is the right car?l

Audi is quicker, but drive over a kerb and the outcom can be disasterous.
Mercedes can run quite stable and is forgiving over the kerbs.
BMW: Just don't even touch it.

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
Made a recording of this lap last night which would hopefully be useful to some people. A 2:01.770. Was first flying lap (video starts at end of outlap) with a full tank of fuel (dash doesn't show the 100 and whatever number it is). Default weather settings on a solo test session. I've attached the setup (slight amendment to the previous) too.

Video is unlisted.

Could be another tenth or two faster as the first sector was pretty scruffy and didn't really grab the most out of the car. Nailed the second sector except T13 (track map here: http://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/sebring-track-map-png.76641/) where I could have been a tad later on the brakes. Only other real mistake was T16 leading onto the back straight. Should have braked a few metres earlier and I would have hooked up the apex better as I missed it in that lap, and actually bled more speed than I should have in an attempt to pull it in tighter to the apex which cost me on exit and down the straight. Should have just carried on with the speed needed to make the corner and used a bit more exit kurb.

Although fluffing up the first turn on the second lap at the end of the video, you can see that I could still find time in sector 1, despite again being rough and messy. Shouldn't have been touching the kurbs on the inside, and if I had nailed everything, could probably get a sub 2:01.5xx with the setup on a full tank of fuel. Haven't tried any others or the VRS setup as of yet.

Attachments

• Sebring D24H Mod V2.sto
    2 KB · Views: 342

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I liiiike. Very nice and clean lap. Should help a lot others. Will probably start practicing at the weekend :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
It's one of those tracks where it's very easy to get messy and tricky to be consistent, add into that other cars and it's a real challenge, the start is really hairy.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I liiiike. Very nice and clean lap. Should help a lot others. Will probably start practicing at the weekend :)

More like "I'm gonna wait for falcon to show up and we roll to the track together and practice!" Lol ;)

Users who are viewing this thread