iRacing 12h Sebring - 11th March 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Good to hear about your issues on the latest firmware. When I found out about the CSW V2.5 it prompted me to check for the latest FW for mine. I Followed the download section which threw me here:

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/support/product;old_product_id;772

And that had the 261 Driver package for download, not 271

The 261 Driver package has the 204 Firmware, I flashed this one last night, and ran about 30mins of sebring this morning.

Intresting to know I just checked the downloads for the CSW V2.5 and version 273 is listed and it has a creation date of today. so perhaps this is a bug fix (who knows) this has a firmware
version of 246

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel-bases/clubsport-wheel-base-v2-5.html#downloads

Last edited:

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Bassetts If you install the new driver and FW let me know how it goes.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Come join us in TS! We are about to start practicing soon.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
So are we all driving the Audi now? Just seen the post regarding the livery for the race for the Audi, just the first i've heard about it, been practicing all week with the AMG. Is their a setup for the Audi that everyone has been using? I think @Bassetts and myself will be driving the AMG, as @Bassetts is very familiar with it and I think i'm happier in the AMG that @Bassetts would be in the Audi, so would be great to have the livery transposed to that car if possible.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@2scoops Yes, we tested both cars over the last couple of days and the Audi is much quicker. You just have to be careful over curbs. We also looked at some of the latest top split results and most were running Audi and our friends from Vendaval Racing also recommended the car. The car is pretty stable at the track. We will have to talk to @Yorkie_065 and see if he can do the same livery for the Mercedes for you 2 if possible.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Finally approved to post :D Welcome back @falcon2081, finally back to the @Admins team wuhup wuhup :) ;)

Really enjoyed our very first laps together after 1 year of absence.. Was way too long.. :pompous:

w0rthy

Community Member
Reaction score
Poor guys stuck in GT3s for your Sebring! :p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Good to hear about your issues on the latest firmware. When I found out about the CSW V2.5 it prompted me to check for the latest FW for mine. I Followed the download section which threw me here:

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/support/product;old_product_id;772

And that had the 261 Driver package for download, not 271

The 261 Driver package has the 204 Firmware, I flashed this one last night, and ran about 30mins of sebring this morning.

Intresting to know I just checked the downloads for the CSW V2.5 and version 273 is listed and it has a creation date of today. so perhaps this is a bug fix (who knows) this has a firmware
version of 246

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel-bases/clubsport-wheel-base-v2-5.html#downloads
Thanks Bassets.

@falcon2081 Interesting you have said about the FFB going on your CSWv2. I've started to get that sometimes. I throught it was the connection to the Rim and the Base. It seemed to vary when it happened but it would normally go light at turn in and I'd loose FFB for .5 - 1.5 seconds. I removed and re connect the rim and it didn't happen for a while. Then the other day it happened again a couple of times in the Audi IMSA PCars race. I was running the 176 beta firmware for my CSWv2 ever since they had it back for repair last year. So I upgraded to 204 and as far as I know that's what I'm still running. I'll try the latest too.

I really want to get hold of a screw that secures keeps the rim to the base as the rubber O-ring allows a little bit of play, and I just thought that was causing momentary connection loss and that was what was causing the loss of FFB.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Over in rfactor 2, we've got lmp1s, p2s, gte, weather, and a sun that works for sebring!

Cool xD. And graphics from 1990 ;) And menus from the 80's :D

(Just pulling your leg)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
With the new update of the GT3 tires we will start from scratch again tonight. Hope everyone can show up for some testing!

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
They've updated the tyre model?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
"iRacing.com will be coming down for deployment of the 2017 Season 2 Release.

This maintenance will affect all iRacing.com regions and members will be unable host or join sessions during the downtime. However, with this downtime, you will be able to load any vehicle and track you have downloaded in single car testing mode while we are down!"

iRacing.com Downtime Schedule:

UTC
Tue 2017-03-07 - 07:00 Overlap Sessions Prevented
Tue 2017-03-07 - 13:00 Race Servers Unavailable

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Full patch notes can be found here: http://www.iracing.com/2017-season-2-release-notes/

Audi R8 LMS GT3

– Updated drivetrain inertias and stiffnesses to improve responsiveness of the engines when blipping out of gear, and show some oscillation when shifting gears.

– Significant update to tire construction and compound. Setups will need to be updated both to pass tech and to extract performance from each car. We think this is a big step forward in over-the-limit feel of the tires, but are aware of the risk that the GT3 BoP will be upset. We will be looking to you for help in ensuring a good BoP for the race season ahead.

– New drivetrain, transmission, gear shift, and brake sounds have been added.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
That's good planning by iRacing, just before a major event.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That's good planning by iRacing, just before a major event.

It is how it is. I guess everybody will be with the same problem confronted. The tires should be now more like the Porsche Cup tires. So temperature will be more important.

F1-Masa told me we might need to adjust the pressures and ride height a little bit. Maybe our setups are still usuable...

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Having to adjust pressures and ride height is no biggy, should only take 5 laps to sort out, as long as it doesn't affect anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread