iRacing 12h Sebring - 11th March 2017 | 13:00 GMT (3 Viewers)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Having to adjust pressures and ride height is no biggy, should only take 5 laps to sort out, as long as it doesn't affect anything else.

Thats the unknown variable nobody knows. We will know more tonight :)

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
If they are like the Porsche Cup tyres, the tyres will be better in terms of feel. I don't know how they're going to feel on the GT3 cars, but managing the car at the limit is a lot easier which is going to be nice. The Audi is nasty currently in the sense that the slightest bit too much counter steer and the car snaps back in the other direction. The Porsche Cup tyres however have a much more progressive and wider window where you can hold a slide a bit more and not have to worry about the car snapping back so hard.

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
the update has been delayed till atleast tomorrow

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
For goodness sake! Just give us less time why don't they :mad:

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
RSR test sever up for 6 hours starting now 20H30 RS time 18h30 UTC
Server: RSR Test
Password: Do I have to say it? rsr123
Courtesy of your other friendly South African

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks @Alex du Plessis. You're from SA too? I'm surprised you and @FlyingKman havent met lol.

Yep we have not yet as we stay a long way from each other, 754KM is a long way to commute just to visit and not to say the least pretty expensive. I would rather spend the money on iRacing. :oops::p I still will and want to go and meet up with him and tell you guys what type of guy he really is :joyful:

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Do not know what happen with VRS Falcon but must have been a glitch or something but nothing was uploading but seems to working now. I noticed when comparing your lap times with my best time there is at least .5 secs you can pull on the last corner.

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/_downloads/Misc/Racelogic-ebook-advanced-circuit-driving.pdf

I used this as guide if you page down to the Sebring part. Looking at the telemetry you are going in far tighter than me and that puts you a little wider for the exit and still turning whereas I am straighter and get on the power earlier than you. But my Power is a little erratic so I could gain even more time. Same with Yorkie I am able to gain 70m on him in that final turn. With t0daY he is over 6m wider on the turn in on the final corner losing .275s there, all 3 of you would be under 2.01 looking at the times lost there, just looking at the telemetry and pointing out what I see. I thought to share as every . of sec is going to make a difference I suppose. Hope this will help the others as well.

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Would be Awesome though @Alex du Plessis. We should honestly make a plan.
I will make a turn by you when I go to P.E. but at the moment nothing is happening on our side that warrants me to go there. Everything we do is done via remote sessions and if we need onsite assistance we get Komodo IT to help out. Agree though it would be awesome.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Alex du Plessis thanks for looking at the telemetry data. Yea I agree we lose a lot of time on that last corner. My optimal is mid 2:00.5 but I just can't seem to get to grips with that corner.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What to expect from the cars after the new tires were fitted on iRacing:
  • All GT3 cars are a bit slower (so people that already qualified are in front)
  • Audi has increased understeer and considerably slower
  • Mercedes rear is annoying under braking, cornering same deal but more traction coming out
As for the tires
  • 185 Kpa was the sweet spot before tire changes, they should be considerably lower now (150-160)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
What to expect from the cars after the new tires were fitted on iRacing:
  • All GT3 cars are a bit slower (so people that already qualified are in front)
  • Audi has increased understeer and considerably slower
  • Mercedes rear is annoying under braking, cornering same deal but more traction coming out
As for the tires
  • 185 Kpa was the sweet spot before tire changes, they should be considerably lower now (150-160)

Sources?

And 150-160Kpa seems very low to me (unless you're talking about cold pressure (?)) in terms of real world figures. 170-180 generally seems to be the right ballpark area for GT and Sports car racing.

I'm hoping the quali leaderboards are going to be reset with this patch.

F1-Masa

Community Member
Reaction score
i think gt3 pressures is now optimal 160-165 and if you qualy waiting you get cold tyres you get better time.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
Just to let people know, don't need to worry about hosting servers as there are official Sebring 12 Hour practice sessions all this week. We can just co-ordinate which ones people are in to practice together each night, rather than using/wasting dollar on hosting a server when it's already freely available. Only downside is we can't practice alone (RSR only) if we wanted....without spending dollar.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just to let people know, don't need to worry about hosting servers as there are official Sebring 12 Hour practice sessions all this week. We can just co-ordinate which ones people are in to practice together each night, rather than using/wasting dollar on hosting a server when it's already freely available. Only downside is we can't practice alone (RSR only) if we wanted....without spending dollar.

I rather practice alone with RSR only people. Will throw a server up in around 1 hour.

i say mercedes is now new best car.

You are joking right? What for messed up sh** is that -.- :(

Users who are viewing this thread