16th Jul 2017 - 2.4H of Le Mans - Crossover with PRD and AOR (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Feanor neat!

Good productive practice yesterday. I definitely needed those laps in the dark. I dipped into the low 55's on a clear (and bright) lap, and could do 56's and 57's over a longer run. It took me a while to get adjusted to the darkness of night, so I'll be doing more practice this week to build up more confidence & consistency. I feel quick in the car, but I'm still no match for the mighty Bullett. When the sun came up ('happy hour') I was the quickest GTE with a 55.1; but he then 30 seconds later he dipped into the 54's, and eventually did a 53.9 :eek: This is gonna be gooood.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
If I could get into the 50's i'd be happy with this barge :(

Zzyzx

Community Member
Reaction score
Currently setting consistent 3:40-3:43 times with the Marek, is that decent? I think the fastest I've touched is sub 3:40, about 3:38 or 3:37.

OKay, so if thats your fastest time, whats the fastest consistent time you can do on your own?? say on a 10 lap stint with no collisions and safe driving, whats your time because thats gonna your pace.

I feel people worry too damn much about fastest times and not really bother about constancy. Its all good and all to do 3:38 but dont forget that you gonna start on a full tank. what was your fuel level when you hit that 3:37?? gimme your fastest time with about 50% fuel level then i will take you seriously.

ART Stiggles

Community Member
Reaction score
To be fair, I've been doing consistent 3:42/43s during a full stint (also in the Marek), generally tend to set the fastest lap around halfway through fuel, which is only about a second or 2 quicker. I haven't done any quali runs either, so I could probably gain a second or 2 on my fastest time, but not too worried about quali pace as things will change a lot in the race itself

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
OKay, so if thats your fastest time, whats the fastest consistent time you can do on your own?? say on a 10 lap stint with no collisions and safe driving, whats your time because thats gonna your pace.

I feel people worry too damn much about fastest times and not really bother about constancy. Its all good and all to do 3:38 but dont forget that you gonna start on a full tank. what was your fuel level when you hit that 3:37?? gimme your fastest time with about 50% fuel level then i will take you seriously.
That WAS my consistent time in the practice, 3:42 in the Marek, as well as on my own with no other players. I genuinely don't care about my fastest, however that was with about 45% fuel level when I set my fastest. I just thought I'd mention it. No need to be an arse about it...

Last edited:

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
finaly find my setup in the oreca
hope i can hold this pace in race :D
conditions: 16th July 2017, 1600, overcast. Racesetup and 50l fuel
LM_Oreca.jpg

Q should be somewere between 3:37 to 3:37,5... im happy with the result now

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Last year we had LMP2s with a 34' qualy and 36' race pace. Nothing impossible if you are asking me :p

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Last year we had LMP2s with a 34' qualy and 36' race pace. Nothing impossible if you are asking me :p
let me guess... projectPD setting those laptimes?:)

GosuNoob

Community Member
Reaction score
let me guess... projectPD setting those laptimes?:)

I don't know if he'll be able to race but Crazydog is driving the LMP2 like he stole it, and I think he won the class last year.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to be out for a Sunday drive I think as i've got no pace with the american barge :(

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Alex Salmon
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes
What Class do you want to drive? LMP2

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score

Don't look at the seconds or records guys...e.g. the LMP2
1) between 3:38 and 3:36 is less then 1% difference also between 3:38 and 3:40
2) everything about or below 3:40 is very fast in racetrim, even if you drive a 3:42...thats 1% slower to the 3:40 or 2% to the 3:38, its not a gap!
3) its a longrun (if the LMP1 drive a mean 3:22 that we will have a 2h and 20 minutes race) the winner will be that guy or woman ( ?? ) that drive without additional pitstop, without any damage.
So...speed is not everything here ;)

Edit: at the beginning of Pcars i had problem to go below the 107% rule :D

Last edited:

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello @Members
I am currently working on RSR-liveries for the 4 LMP cars.

NOTE: Base color scheme is done, Decals are NOT! All that are there are placeholders to show me where to put the real ones.

RSR Oreca:
20170711030725_1.jpg

RSR Marek:
20170711030718_1.jpg

RSR RWD:
20170711031335_1.jpg

RSR TS40:
20170711030633_1.jpg

I also have 2 additional liveries for the Toyota TS040. Since there are just two originals I'll add them to the pack to create more variety.

Two liveries i made for myself:

Saeder Krupp Motorsport
GigglePower Racing

I will upload nameless versions of these liveries as soon as they are ready. You can then add names and numbers as you want.

EDIT: Took out the yellow version. Bad quality.

EDIT: I also have a cleaned up version of the original livery available
20170711030657_1.jpg

Alternatively I'd be willing to put individual names and numbers on all of these liveries.
To do that I need:
  1. Your name
  2. The car / livery you want to drive
  3. The number you want
  4. Your nationality (optional)
Deadline is Thursday 13th, 20:00 UTC!
I'll try to complete all requests, but I'm a little short on time this week so I can't make final promisses.

Oh, and please don't expect GioVtec quality!
I am just a dirty copy-paster who thinks that the fill-tool is an amazing function. My experience with this spans from Sunday to now. And it shows...

And to the GTE crowd...
I am sorry to neglect you. I need an exsisting livery as a template and I didn't really find any for the GTs I liked. That, and the time restraints I mentioned. Apologies...

DISCLAIMER: None of the liveries in this post have been created by me! They are the work of kmax1(Oreca, Marek), Chrisi74(Marek), KANETAKER(RWD), Peugeot Motorsport(RWD), yam_ia(TS040), TMG(TS040).
All I did was changing the colors and modifying the decals.

Last edited:

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Made a number panel for this race since there isn't one so far :p

The number plane was made under FIA regulation (took me half an hour to find and read all those rules), except the addition of 3 forums' logos
03.jpg

Only GTE cars have forum logos due to tiny space on LMP cars' side boxes (LMP plates doesn't have that part in the real-life one too!)
The font of numbers is Helvetica Neue Condensed, Bold. You can download it here: http://www.ephifonts.com/free-helvetica-font-helvetica-neue-condensed.html ,font size should be 323. I also have placed some example numbers, making it easier to type your number in. Due to limit on size, you have to type 3-digit numbers then squeeze them sideways to fit in the plate :p

I also have made a pack of class stickers. These were made originally by Scuderia Paul from Pcars official forum:http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35099-REQUEST-LMP1-Stickers-Decals , I rescaled it to make it in the same scale as number plates.
04.jpg

Also, a good source for your national flags: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aspect_ratios_of_national_flags

↓FIA's regulation about liveries
02.jpg 1.jpg

Attachments

• 2.4h LM class sticker.psd
    352.6 KB · Views: 343
  • 2.4h LM plate.psd
    361.3 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
↓FIA's regulation about liveries
2.jpg 3.jpg

Reactions: Tom

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Battenberg I will give that a try today, i'm completely lost at the moment, i've changed so many things with nothing seemingly making any difference.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Zzyzx - this is not the way we talk to each other at RSR. Consider this a polite warning not to post like this in future please.
That WAS my consistent time in the practice, 3:42 in the Marek, as well as on my own with no other players. I genuinely don't care about my fastest, however that was with about 45% fuel level when I set my fastest. I just thought I'd mention it. No need to be an arse about it...
And this is not the way to reply. If you have a problem with the way somebody posts, report the post and one of us mods will take a look. Nobody 'wins' with this sort of thing and it just drags the forum down.

Thank you :)

EDIT : Please don't clutter this thread with replies to this - either with "OK, understood" or "he started it first mum", if you have any further comment on the matter, start a conversation via my avatar at the top of the forum page. This matter is closed as far as the thread is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread