16th Jul 2017 - 2.4H of Le Mans - Crossover with PRD and AOR (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks @Battenberg I will give that a try today, i'm completely lost at the moment, i've changed so many things with nothing seemingly making any difference.
I had the same feeling yesterday with my setup... I was doing consistent 3:58 with a best time of low 3:57 on soft tyres and yesterday I was spinning too much, not being able to go below 4:00. Tried to improve stability, made it worse, lost track of my changes, went back to default setup... :( finally I managed to find a stable setup back but pace is not there. I'm just happy I don't spin easily anymore...

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Got rid of a carpet under my desk last week because it was folding and moving terribly, couldn't move my seat properly. The downside now however is that my seat and my pedals move when I break hard everytime xD.

I found an easy fix for the pedals:
IMG_20170711_130018.jpg

Let's hope it lasts for 2.4 hours :p

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I realized that I am not able to keep my tyres warm when the night comes, to a point I really struggle not to crash. May I ask you guys to give me some advice on how to solve this problem? I imagine I should decrease tyre pressure but I'm worried they would overheat during the day... Thanks in advance :)

ART Stiggles

Community Member
Reaction score
You could always adjust tyre pressure during pit stops, if you're not planning on double stinting tyres. My night-time pressures seemed okay during the early morning, but I have no idea if they'll hold on for the rest of the day :p

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Taorminator you can make different pit strategies to solve this problem for the race, for example: one with daytime pressures and one with nighttime pressures for the tires
I did a test run yesterday and after the first 12 lap stint with the lmp1 the temperatures were already low enough to use the nighttime pressures for my tires

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So you suggest to adjust tyre pressure at pit but not changing the tyres? Is it faster that way? Is it a better strategy than changing your tyres since you'll have to stop again change your tyres later? (Not criticising at all, just a general question)

Thank you for your help!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So you suggest to adjust tyre pressure at pit but not changing the tyres? Is it faster that way? Is it a better strategy than changing your tyres since you'll have to stop again change your tyres later? (Not criticising at all, just a general question)

Thank you for your help!
U will have to set a new strategy to get new pressures and u will have to change tires. This isn't a bad option for the night running as it gets darker it gets slightly harder and with fresh tires u will have better grip. You could run soft tires for the start of the race then at first pitstop change to mediums or hard with lower pressures to do a longer stint throughout the night.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i think you won't have to go for mediums or even hard tires for the night, because at least with the lmp1s you have less than half of the tire wear you have during the day time

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i think you won't have to go for mediums or even hard tires for the night, because at least with the lmp1s you have less than half of the tire wear you have during the day time
True, for lmp2 the soft tires are lasting.

zevme

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, there are too many posts here to look something for

how will the 100+ cars devided into splits?

thanks

ART Stiggles

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah you'd have to swap tyres to swap pressures, and I'm not sure how long a stint will be. My maths has it being at 40 minutes, so about 8 in-game hours (roughly), double-stinting is possible if you drive carefully enough I reckon

zevme

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah you'd have to swap tyres to swap pressures, and I'm not sure how long a stint will be. My maths has it being at 40 minutes, so about 8 in-game hours (roughly), double-stinting is possible if you drive carefully enough I reckon
yeah but you should drive very gently cos you could be in trouble at the end of the 2nd stint

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey guys, there are too many posts here to look something for

how will the 100+ cars devided into splits?

thanks

Will be divided by the admins and announced on friday :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
a double stint is possible but going into the night it would be more beneficial to have a new set and adjusted pressures. its a gamble as you dont want to run out of grip before the end of a stint.

Will be divided by the admins and announced on friday :)

thats good to know, I did a full race simulation last night and wasn't as tough as i was expecting.

ART Stiggles

Community Member
Reaction score
To do 3 lobbies, you'd need 35 drivers per server, and I can't see PCars allowing that :p

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
To do 3 lobbies, you'd need 35 drivers per server, and I can't see PCars allowing that :p
the max is 31-32 per lobby. i guess it depends on how many drop out before the race.

ART Stiggles

Community Member
Reaction score
Just got out the (virtual) calculator, 27 drivers across 4 lobbies would allow for 5 spare slots judging by the current driver count.

Also, unrelated question for the admins/anyone who knows, what limits are there for uploading files? Just want to make sure I can upload a .zip of my livery :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread