16th Jul 2017 - 2.4H of Le Mans - Crossover with PRD and AOR (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
ehm...stupid question... if i don't have the liveries in my folder...then i see the cars white or will it be uploaded if i join the lobby?

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
no if you don't have the pack you just see random standard liveries instead

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Combining lobby results
After last combined Monza's race, in my oppinion the following topic needs to be adressed:
Whenever in one lobby, the LMP1s are slower than the other lobby, this will influence the amount of laps that the LMP2s and GTs will be lapped.
Allthough LeMans is a lot bigger than Monza, it still might be possible that the difference will end up in 1 lap difference. When comparing LMP2s and GTs total 'distance', this can influence the result significantly and be an advantage for those in a 'relatively' slower LMP1 server than the other.

How to solve this? That is difficult, but it should be clear that, as soon as the difference between the servers race length is more than about 3m35s, it's theoretically possible that the LMP2 class, was lapped 1 round less and therefore got a 'free' extra lap without being faster than the other server.

I don't know if it interests anyone, but if we are combining the results, at least we should try to do it as fair as possible?!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Combining lobby results
After last combined Monza's race, in my oppinion the following topic needs to be adressed:
Whenever in one lobby, the LMP1s are slower than the other lobby, this will influence the amount of laps that the LMP2s and GTs will be lapped.
Allthough LeMans is a lot bigger than Monza, it still might be possible that the difference will end up in 1 lap difference. When comparing LMP2s and GTs total 'distance', this can influence the result significantly and be an advantage for those in a 'relatively' slower LMP1 server than the other.

How to solve this? That is difficult, but it should be clear that as soon as the difference between the servers race length is more than about 3m35s, it's theoretically possible that the LMP2 class, was lapped 1 round less and therefore got a 'free' extra lap without being faster than the other server.

I don't know if it interests anyone, but if we are combining the results, at least we should try to do it as fair as possible?!

And this difference is also taken into account, same as the pace lap for example. There should be nothing "unfair" in our combined results at all. If there is a major logic problem feel free to explain it to me.

The race time of each lobby will be equalized. Let's look at following example:

Lobby 1 has a total race time of 02:24:00
Lobby 2 has a total race time of 02:24:24

This means that the fastest driver from Lobby 2 was still 24 seconds slower than the fastest driver from Lobby 1. When we are doing the cross results this will be taken into account. This would mean the results could look like this:

1. First Driver Lobby A / 02:24:00
2. Second Driver Lobby A / 02:24:12 = + 12.000s
3. First Driver Lobby B / 02:24:24 = + 24.000s

It is very important to "equal out" all the lobbies first before you start adding the results together. And this will be calculated down to the last driver. It is much work but the outcome should be worth :)

If the gap is more than a lap we usually take an "average laptime" to calculate the absolute race time. But this average is for every class the same and that means there won't be any unfair advantage towards anybody.

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna pull out of this unfortunately, not done anywere near enough practice and dont have enough time to do that and spa practice

GosuNoob

Community Member
Reaction score
And this difference is also taken into account, same as the pace lap for example. There should be nothing "unfair" in our combined results at all. If there is a major logic problem feel free to explain it to me.

The race time of each lobby will be equalized. Let's look at following example:

Lobby 1 has a total race time of 02:24:00
Lobby 2 has a total race time of 02:24:24

This means that the fastest driver from Lobby 2 was still 24 seconds slower than the fastest driver from Lobby 1. When we are doing the cross results this will be taken into account. This would mean the results could look like this:

1. First Driver Lobby A / 02:24:00
2. Second Driver Lobby A / 02:24:12 = + 12.000s
3. First Driver Lobby B / 02:24:24 = + 24.000s

It is very important to "equal out" all the lobbies first before you start adding the results together. And this will be calculated down to the last driver. It is much work but the outcome should be worth :)

If the gap is more than a lap we usually take an "average laptime" to calculate the absolute race time. But this average is for every class the same and that means there won't be any unfair advantage towards anybody.

Just to add to this since there was a concern about total distance, last year the difference between the 2 lobbies in total time was 2 seconds.

I understand the concern, but I don't think we've ever had a gap in our combined results of more than about 10 seconds, let alone over 3 minutes.

It shouldn't be an issue.

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
@Scottmik
Here are the liveries I made. Added the 00 templates if someone wants to drive a livery last second. Unfortunately I had no time to put numbers on them...:(

EDIT: relinked to updated pack

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
All liveries first to me @Feanor :p

Fatih Kursat

Community Member
Reaction score

Elodyr

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I wanted to ask if it's possible to make sure me and 2 friends can race in the same lobby. If possible I'd be really glad if I could get in the same lobby as 1185323118 and YoohanTV (signed up over AOR).

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey guys I wanted to ask if it's possible to make sure me and 2 friends can race in the same lobby. If possible I'd be really glad if I could get in the same lobby as 1185323118 and YoohanTV (signed up over AOR).

Can't promise that, sorry.

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
@Scottmik
Sorry for coming so late.:shy: I found some time to add some numbers to the non-personalized liveries. Also added a little surprise for two friends.:) So please ignore all previous liveries with 00 as a number.
This package contains all liveries I'd like you to add.
Thanks alot and again sorry for the inconvenience.

@t0daY all liveries to you first? Well, if you are quick with the download...

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Scottmik
Sorry for coming so late.:shy: I found some time to add some numbers to the non-personalized liveries. Also added a little surprise for two friends.:) So please ignore all previous liveries with 00 as a number.
This package contains all liveries I'd like you to add.
Thanks alot and again sorry for the inconvenience.

@t0daY all liveries to you first? Well, if you are quick with the download...

Yeah. I gather all liveries and send them to @static_energy and @Scottmik :)

Scottmik

Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY perfect. Let me know when everything is ready to go and I'll create the pack

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY I'm not happy to announce this, but I'm out :inpain:, I'm still having this random online races with FFB rumbling, tried deleting profile and re-installing the game, but no luck. Sucks cuz I was waiting for this amazing event and it was going to be my definite last pCARS race :<. But surely I don't want to rage quit the race day.

Sorry, and I hope the 100 drivers enjoy this mega event, so we can see them in pCARS2 :cool:.

Good luck all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread