iRacing 24h Le Mans - 10th June 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok, thoughts on the HPD from tonight and previous evenings practice sessions.

Seems like double stinting the tyres is pretty easily possible. Might be able to extend and do a 3rd stint on them, but could possibly be too risky and not worth it with pace dropping off throughout the third stint. For pit stops with the HPD, it's;
- 29-32 seconds for fuel (from <4 kg's refilling to 60kg)
- 16 seconds roughly for tyre change
Pace seems to be dependent on fuel load rather than tyres. Tonight and previous nights it seems the first flying lap of a stint is very high 33 - low 34, the next lap or two is in the same area before it starts dropping down into mid 33's, possibly low 33's. Come to around 28kg's and less, mid to high 32's are possible. This is on both the first and also the second stint for the tyres. With an on pace HPD in front or a bit of traffic that comes to your advantage with picking up a nice bit of slipstream, you can probably get low 32's / high 31's. Gave a quick try of lift and coast but need to practice that more as I got thrown off by the difference in speed and messed up my braking points.

The GTE cars have a lot more aero than the GT1 cars of previous so having to re-learn good spots to overtake and pass in traffic. For instance previously with a GT1 car, being about 4 - 5 seconds behind one coming out the exit of arnarge and up to the porsche curves, you'd pass that GT1 during them (usually the 2nd long right hander), but now it's actually after coming out the other side of the porsche curves and into that mini / non existant chicane before the final ford chicanes. The GTE cars are much better on the brakes, so keep that in mind when passing around a braking zone and don't pull back infront of it otherwise you're probably going to get hit from behind.

I've attached the setup I was running tonight which I shared in the session previously, but here just incase it wasn't saved. I'm personally happy with it and not really feeling like any changes are needed. Tyre wear felt good all the way through and pretty easy to manage. Possibly maybe feeling a little more understeery compared to how it was prior to todays patch but that could just be a placebo effect.

Attachments

• Le_Mans_V20c.sto
    2.4 KB · Views: 348

Imthecrabby

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't make it lads, I took a nap instead as I slept for a solid 2 and a half hours this morning and that was it. Do we know if I am needed as I'm ready to practice by tomorrow for whatever car

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've got Manu's spare account set up and will run some laps tomorrow evening to see what sort of pace I can put down reliably and safely. Assuming I feel OK with the car, I might be available to take part this weekend if there's still a space up for grabs.

Nervous?
Me?
Yes. Very.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm still a questionmark at this point, I got down to a 3:54.4 in a few laps.
I'll have my answer on thursday

Last edited:

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh the mighty Chicken at Le Mans what a sight that is going to be and that is if he does not live up to His Name. Not that he will in any case, that chicken has no fear. Welcome Cluck hope you can make it through with the rest of us it is sure going to be fun.

Chicken Power
Rooster3.jpg

Last edited:

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Okay trying to sumarise from last night, if my understanding is correct we provisionally have the following. (Feel free to correct or shoot me down in flames)

GTE Team #66 (Car choice TBC)
#1 Bassetts - Ford or Ferrari
#2 Battenberg - Ford or Ferrari
#3 Oki - Ford & Ferrari

GTE Team #67 (Ferrari Team)
#1 Stolnikas - Ferrari
#2 GioVtec - Flexible
#3 TBC

Reading through the latest few threads we have the following people that are also showing an intrest.

Possible additional members :

@Cluck
I've got Manu's spare account ..... I might be available to take part this weekend if there's still a space up for grabs.

@Imthecrabby
Do we know if I am needed as I'm ready to practice by tomorrow for whatever car

@Dutchtastic
I'm still a questionmark at this point .... I'll have my answer say on thursday

To run the 2 teams we will need at minimum 1 additional driver to run these two teams with 3 people. Therefore we do need to another person to confirm 100%, if we can't find 1 extra driver then the option will to be running 1 team with 5 people, which is not optimal. If by magic all three possibles did confirm then we could then run 4 in each team which would also be very nice.

Last edited:

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
For me will be the Ferrari

Imthecrabby

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can confirm 100 that I am available to race, if someone has the car and track and I can use them, great. If not I am willing to buy the car once it has been chosen

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I did quite a few laps of LeMans last night in the Ford GT and I am down to a 3:53.4xx with about 50L of fuel and all that was done to the setup was 0 wing and lowered the tyre pressures a tad.

I then went out with a full tank and found that the car was a lot more unstable under breaking and the back end felt like it wanted to switch a lot easier, so with some setup work, I feel that I could reach my optimal of 3:51.7xx.

My account is there for people to use but it only has the Ford and I am more than happy to put in a qualy lap in the official sessions to play my part in the 24hour event for which ever team ends up with my account.

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna spend quite a lot of hours these few days practicing full stints, cuz I need to work on my consistency :hungover:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In that case, I'll be a back-up driver.
So if somebody has a moment in the weekend that he/she wants to take an extra break or cannot drive, let me know and I'll hop on your account and take over that stint. I cannot commit my whole weekend with random assignments at the end of the year.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
#3 Oki - Ford & Ferrari
#4 Dutchtastic/Cluck

#1 Stolnikas - Ferrari
#2 GioVtec - Flexible
#3 Imthecrabby - Ferrari
#4 Dutchtastic/Cluck

Battenberg uses 2scoops account. Cluck uses Gxbbs account.

That would be my plan and @Dutchtastic, you are DRIVING! :D

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
#3 Oki - Ford & Ferrari
#4 Dutchtastic/Cluck

#1 Stolnikas - Ferrari
#2 GioVtec - Flexible
#3 Imthecrabby - Ferrari
#4 Dutchtastic/Cluck

Battenberg uses 2scoops account. Cluck uses Gxbbs account.

That would be my plan and @Dutchtastic, you are DRIVING! :D
I think that cluck being able to use my account is subject to performance :p Blame @Battenberg for setting the standards

Imthecrabby

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll set up my subscription again now, as 2ell as buy both Ferrari and le mans. Do we have any form of set up for the Ferrari yet? As I'm a little limited on time, most of my practice will be done in the day

Reactions: Tom

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll set up my subscription again now, as 2ell as buy both Ferrari and le mans. Do we have any form of set up for the Ferrari yet? As I'm a little limited on time, most of my practice will be done in the day
I'm sure someone will develop one, so you won't have to worry.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The GTE cars got released yesterday, so no real setup available so far^^

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY hey, that's not what I ment.. since Cluck is on Gxbbs account he's limited to the Ford am I right? So I guess I'll have to purchase LeMans?

What about the iRatings on the different drivers. Maybe we can pick 2 with equal iR's to get placed in the same split.

Last edited:

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
#3 Oki - Ford & Ferrari
#4 Dutchtastic/Cluck

#1 Stolnikas - Ferrari
#2 GioVtec - Flexible
#3 Imthecrabby - Ferrari
#4 Dutchtastic/Cluck

For me will be the Ferrari

@t0daY I bought it yesterday.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm in, I only have the Ferrari GTE so it depends if the teams decide to run different GTE cars.

Users who are viewing this thread