iRacing 24h Nürburgring - 22nd April 2017 | 13:00 GMT (3 Viewers)

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Managed to get the sunday off work so im in, audi for me as well

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
What do you all say to meeting this Saturday around 17:30UTC? We can do a little practice along with finalizing who will be in what cars etc.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im in! Well I try to fix my clamp somehow xD

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im in! Well I try to fix my clamp somehow xD

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
What do you all say to meeting this Saturday around 17:30UTC? We can do a little practice along with finalizing who will be in what cars etc.
I'll try, but might be more like 18:30 UTC. :dummy1::dummy1::sorry:

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
I shall hopefully be online tonight for some practice. Only got 1 actual flying lap with a proper time (an 8:22.500). The setup that I have made feels pretty darn good! Just need to get the right tyre pressures and possibly a couple of other small tweaks.

Attachments

• 24Hr Nords V2.sto
    1.8 KB · Views: 376

Soulah

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to iRacing but I've played pcars a lot and racing in the aor gt3 elite league. I had a team for this 24h race in the Porsche but some people are bailing and that car is suicide. So I'm interested in joining and I could possibly buy the Audi.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to iRacing but I've played pcars a lot and racing in the aor gt3 elite league. I had a team for this 24h race in the Porsche but some people are bailing and that car is suicide. So I'm interested in joining and I could possibly buy the Audi.
I can vouch for this guy. Very competitive driver. I have never seen him drive on iRacing but if it's anything like how he drives on other sims then he will be just fine.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Soulah you're more than welcome to join us today. We will be practicing in about an hour.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Meeting is still in an hour where we discuss about the teams? I ordered now an GT Omega Wheel Stand because my thread of the T300 is also broken. Not sure if it will arrive in time... I hope the clamp/screw from @ramiboo will do his job... Worst case I will take my old G25, but not sure about it :( :(

Second "problem", I am on a buisness trip from wednesday till friday, so I will mostly start practicing friday night/saturday morning, so do not except much from me :D

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
Just thrown up a practice server for all to join.
Name: RSR - Nords 24H Practice
Password: RSR129
Time Open: 6 hours (closes midnight GMT+1)
All 4 cars are available, default weather, join when you're free.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I'm about to log on. See you all soon.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I came along for the meeting, but didn't have a lot of time to spare and as you were all practicing I had to leave, very sorry.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Somewhat of a productive practice today. Thanks to everyone that could make it and thanks to Yorkie for hosting the server even if he used the wrong weather settings lol. For future reference here are the weather settings for the race.

24hr Nurburgring
Starts: Rolling
Time of Day: Morning
Weather: Default (Temperature: 78° F, Wind Speed: N @ 2 MPH, Atmosphere: 55 RH, 0% Fog Cover, Skies: Partly Cloudy)

Provisional Teams:
Car #64: @falcon2081, @t0daY, @Yorkie_065, @Mr Beas
Car #65: @ramiboo, @Soulah, @Alex du Plessis, @stolnikas
Car #66: @Bassetts, @2scoops, @Battenberg, @Corbs

While these teams are provisional they are for the most part complete. Do let us know if we need to make changes. I would like to have these teams be locked no later than this coming Wednesday. We don't want a repeat of the team issues from Sebring.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
So I did some practice with the correct weather. Here is my fastest lap with my optimal time as well. Definitely should be able to get sub 8:20's. :)

Optimal Times.png

Soulah

Community Member
Reaction score
Just bought the Audi, I've done a couple of laps using the setup Yorkie has posted here. Curbs are really dangerous but I like how the car drives. Did a 8:21 while getting on the grass a couple of times. Optimal time is sitting at a 8:17.1 with 40L of fuel.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Just bought the Audi, I've done a couple of laps using the setup Yorkie has posted here. Curbs are really dangerous but I like how the car drives. Did a 8:21 while getting on the grass a couple of times. Optimal time is sitting at a 8:17.1 with 40L of fuel.
See, what did I tell ya @t0daY @falcon2081, stay of the grass @Soulah and you will be fine. Keep up the good work.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Always practice with full fuel. 40l times saying nothing. You need to know how the car feels fully loaded and how it behaves after couple laps. Other than that good job! :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I've yet to try Yorkie's set up so I'll give that a go in the afternoon before I leave to go to the base.

Users who are viewing this thread