Project CARS 2 28th Sep 2017: 80's meets 90's (1 Viewer)

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
What’s the race pace of the groupC guys?

It’s a 60minute race so be patient and careful when lapping slower cars! Group A please be careful when group C cars are lapping you.
From my single player testing driving the group C if we catch a slower car in the wrong place neither party will have the time to react its going to need some super human reflexes with the speed of these... even on a relatively tame lap the car is the one in control not you xD

EDIT: Also whats the group A pace looking like? Im a little anxious about the difference, would rather not put one of you guys into orbit.

Last edited:

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
From my single player testing driving the group C if we catch a slower car in the wrong place neither party will have the time to react its going to need some super human reflexes with the speed of these... even on a relatively tame lap the car is the one in control not you xD

EDIT: Also whats the group A pace looking like? Im a little anxious about the difference, would rather not put one of you guys into orbit.

In race conditions last night I was in the 1.31/2 per lap in group A

Last edited:

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score

1:31 is the quickest I’ve seen so far.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We in group C can do 200kph through some of the slower corners so group A drivers might be best sticking to 1 line and letting us navigate around you.

The only corner I really worry about is the last chicane, I can do 200kph through there and coming into the pit straight maybe dangerous so Group A should stick to inside if there’s a faster car approaching.

@Gxbbs how fast can you go through the chicane?

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Dear god... my fastest was a 1:07.6 so we are like 25 seconds a lap faster on a really short lap. :nailbiting:

I apologise in advance for anything that may happen, this is going to be absolute madness

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Dear god... my fastest was a 1:07.6 so we are like 25 seconds a lap faster on a really short lap. :nailbiting:

I apologise in advance for anything that may happen, this is going to be absolute madness
Lol, 3 laps and we will be lapping so should be good fun.

Such a dangerous driver haha

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I think we should run the classes in separate lobbies as the speed difference is huge

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think we should run the classes in separate lobbies as the speed difference is huge
It’s not a bad idea but we will find out in due course. Would be fun in same lobby.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a multi-class session yet? I can set up a quick one before induction today, say at 17:30 UTC?
That would be good if you could! We tried for 2hrs yesterday but no luck. Servers were down so unable to use the DS

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Lol, 3 laps and we will be lapping so should be good fun.

Such a dangerous driver haha

I just know some people struggle to comprehend how difficult it can be sometimes and how easy mistakes happen thats all... All we need to say is is what happens, happens and please nobody hold a grudge if a faster car drops it.
Has anyone tried a multi-class session yet? I can set up a quick one before induction today, say at 17:30 UTC?
And yeah it sounds good, we couldn't get P2P working last night so we didn't.

Reactions: Tom

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

1:07? That's quick - I'm currently stuck at 1:09.5 (ZX-GTP Turbo).

Which car did you use?

And with that massive speed difference it'll be "interesting" for sure if we have mixed lobbies.

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I just know some people struggle to comprehend how difficult it can be sometimes and how easy mistakes happen thats all... All we need to say is is what
I just know some people struggle to comprehend how difficult it can be sometimes and how easy mistakes happen thats all... All we need to say is is what happens, happens and please nobody hold a grudge if a faster car drops it.

And yeah it sounds good, we couldn't get P2P working last night so we didn't.
Well after the TCR event, people seemed a bit rusty with the close racing so we just need to be extra cautious. Grudges solve nothing....:D

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Last night @SBart_uk ran a group c with us in group A, I couldn't see him approaching from behind,the first time I saw him was when he shot past me which is pretty scary

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Last night @SBart_uk ran a group c with us in group A, I couldn't see him approaching from behind,the first time I saw him was when he shot past me which is pretty scary
That’s the issue Steve, there’s to big a difference in lap times

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cool, I'll get you all started, and then I'll probably try some public races before induction. FYI when one of our servers are up, you'll need to do a funky workaround to get multiclass working on them. Details here...
Thanks, Iv got the workaround, it’s a bit of a pain but better than nothing.

Reactions: Tom

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score

We could always just change lobby settings to make sure we get a weather and time slot with good visibility? It would give us the best chance not to kill each other xD
I suppose its for the admins to decide after they test a little bit

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I think the relative box will become everyone's new favourite feature for this one :p
The proximity indicators will probably be useful too. Usually I don't like them, but I think I'll use them in this race.

Users who are viewing this thread