Project CARS 2 8th Jul 2018 - Knights of the old Mulsanne (2 Viewers)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
AAAAAAARGH!! Disconnect after 1,5 hrs, while sitting comfy on p4 in the GT class... Only Pcars though, not TS. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well...everything was going OK until i managed to calculate wrongly the width of my car entering the mulsanne straight. Straight into the wall at 200kph :D. Got my car back into the pits but binned it 1 or 2 laps later...probably out of boredom.

Last week was much more fun, but this was a nice experience too :).

Let the championship begin now :D

Jussi_SMS

Community Member
Reaction score
Fun race! Managed to get pole, then drop last, and somehow, probably due to pit stops or something, got back in the lead in GT. Had a lot of fun. =)

I reviewed the replay of the lap 1 incident in the Mulsanne corner, and what it looks like to me is that Mark went wide and then came back in further than necessary (not sticking to the left edge of the track). I thought I had plenty of space and tried to accelerate fast while leaving a decent amount of space to people who I thought had gone wide, and he ended up tapping me in my rear left corner. Overall a very tight situation, 10-20 cm either way on either of us and nothing would have happened.

I hope at least Mark doesn't get penalized, clear racing incident.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
had to get my confindence back after those three crashes...:asshat:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A squandered opportunity for me. I qualified well (without a tow, might I add ;)), and once I had recovered from my lap 1 mistake at Mulsanne corner I had good enough race pace to slowly chase down @AndrexUK. I inherited the lead after Andrex had his pedal issues, and was looking good to cruise home. But a silly mistake at my first pitstop kicked off a whole bunch of lapses of concentration, putting me further and further back. I had a fun battle with @Freak Superman at the end, which put a positive end to a miserable (and hot & sweaty) race.

23:10 - Qualifying lap (P2)
41:50 - Race start
44:10 - Missed braking point at Mulsanne corner. The fight back begins.
51:15 - End of fight back, up to P2
1:30:00 - Mistake from class leader put me into P1.
1:49:00 - Getting ready for first pitstop, I get confused by an escape road, thinking it's pit entry. I didn't notice the suspension damage, so I missed the opportunity to fix it in the pitstop.
1:51:00 - Underestimating the suspension damage creates yet more damage.
2:06:45 - Pitstop #2, more damage repairs.
2:10:35 - Lost concentration and crash at Mulsanne corner. Yet more damage.
2:13:00 - Pitstop #3, more damage repairs and fuel to the end.
2:50:15 - Start of battle with FreakSuperman, for 2nd in class.
2:52:15 - Error at Mulsanne again. Down to 3rd.
3:02:13 - Start of final lap.

Last edited:

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Fun race! Managed to get pole, then drop last, and somehow, probably due to pit stops or something, got back in the lead in GT. Had a lot of fun. =)

I reviewed the replay of the lap 1 incident in the Mulsanne corner, and what it looks like to me is that Mark went wide and then came back in further than necessary (not sticking to the left edge of the track). I thought I had plenty of space and tried to accelerate fast while leaving a decent amount of space to people who I thought had gone wide, and he ended up tapping me in my rear left corner. Overall a very tight situation, 10-20 cm either way on either of us and nothing would have happened.

I hope at least Mark doesn't get penalized, clear racing incident.

Cheers for the kind words @Jussi_SMS and apologies to anyone that may of suffered as a result of my actions at this corner. I am of course happy to accept anything coming my way should I have acted in an unsafe manor.

From memory (as I don't have the replay, my game kicked me out for some reason while I was away having retired and left the car in the pits after about an hour) I recall a Ferrari going wide in front of me, not Battenberg who didn't make the corner (I think) the car had quite a steep angle of attack looking like it was heading straight back onto the track from the grass verge right in front of me. My natural reaction was to steer right to try and avoid but of course this put me directly into the path of the skilled guys that had actually successfully navigated the corner.

Again I can only apologise to those affected and hope they went on to get a good result in the end.

I would like to see a replay of this all if anyone has the file they are able to send. Or even a YouTube clip would be great.

Jussi_SMS

Community Member
Reaction score
The replay is over one gigabyte, so not gonna upload that, but I can easily record that bit. Need something to do before work starts anyway, woke up early. =)

EDIT: Here it be.

Last edited:

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
I was gutted to have missed this one! The entire event seemed tailor-made for me: classic cars on the old Le Mans course for 2.4 hours.
I NEARLY called in sick to work today, just to attend this event. But it would have left my department way too short-staffed at the hospital.

At any rate, I was able to catch a lot of @Battenberg's live stream on YouTube, which was a great distraction to my work day. I'm sorry I missed this one, but I hope you all had a blast!

Reactions: Tom

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
At any rate, I was able to catch a lot of @Battenberg's live stream on YouTube, which was a great distraction to my work day. I'm sorry I missed this one, but I hope you all had a blast!

I really did - until the race server decided to go awol on me. :mad:
But until that point, I was really enjoying myself, even though the race turned out to be a bit of a looong hotlap contest because I was mostly alone out there apart from the prototypes passing by.

Last edited:

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
The replay is over one gigabyte, so not gonna upload that, but I can easily record that bit. Need something to do before work starts anyway, woke up early. =)

EDIT: Here it be.

Thanks very much Jussi

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Who was all kicked out from the server yesterday night?

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
That was @Battenberg
He waited for everyone to go past like a good boy!
Then slowly just stalked me down like a Tiger!
However, my pedals decided to give up on the braking point of Musalanne straight, and I went Straight....into the wall...
Had to unplug > replug wheel back in again.
Lost 25+ secs for that lap
Added about 30 secs on my pit stop for repairs.
But didn't fix engine
Had 22 engine damage = +10 secs per lap.
Retired :(

Quite sure Battman would have caught me (although I was only loosing about 1 sec on the straight to him before the crash - In his draft I could have probably stayed with him after he would have passed...)

Fastest lap was on lap 1 due to a perfect 4 car draft slingshot me from P5 > P1...

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Again I can only apologise to those affected and hope they went on to get a good result in the end.
No worries mate, I only had 1 aero damage in the front (still lost about 5kph). Decided to not pit because I thought it wasnt worth it, but it probably wouldve been, because I lost about 1s per lap.

My biggest mistake was passing @Battenberg on the beginning of Mulsane giving him a bit too much of a slingshot so I lost draft on the straight. From there I was pretty much set in P3 losing about .5-1s per lap to the front and keeping the cars behind on distance. When I went into the pits with around 1 hour and 10 minutes left in the race my pitcrew decided to fix the damage and send me straight back out again. So I pitted again the following lap - still not getting any fuel. Pitted again the lap after that - again no fuel, even tried a different strategy preset and adjusting everything. Had fuel for about one more lap so I gave it another try - nope still no fuel. So I had to retire the car. Extremely disappointing as I wouldve caught up to the leaders because of the shorter pitstop.

Also quite disappointed that we had so many last minute dropouts, specially in longer races on longer tracks its nice to have a full grid.

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
Been hearing quite a few too many ppl having re-fulling pit stop issues recently....
Too many to really just put it down to wrong pit strategy / user mistakes (Some decent drivers that I don't think would make a strategy mistakes).

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Been hearing quite a few too many ppl having re-fulling pit stop issues recently....
Too many to really just put it down to wrong pit strategy / user mistakes (Some decent drivers that I don't think would make a strategy mistakes).
My wild guess would be that I edited the strategy from the 2.4h a week ago because I was too lazy to write "LeMans" again. That was created with another car, might be the issue, but then again no idea why adjusting strategy didnt work for fuel, but did for tyres. I think the best way to be 100% sure is to create a new strategy just before the race and select that. But it was the first time I had any problems with pitstops that werent my fault.

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
Possible, if you had a strat that had more fuel set for a previous saved strategy, than what your current car can take
(ie strat had 'Add 125 Litres of fuel', and the car only takes 100L, then it might brake something?)

I've never really had an issue with re-fuelling myself - but I always tend to make sure the strat (or multiple versions) are set before the race start...

Hmmmm

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Best event I've ever attended. Those cars are awesome, track is awesome, finally some H-shifter heel-toe action, multi-class racing, LE MANS...just awesome.
Sad to see so many drop-outs from the entry list, nevertheless, I got the first pole in RSR, yaay!
First few laps were super-hectic, with massive pressure from @Alex Salmon and @ProjectPD.
I'm fine doing hotlaps, but as an inexperienced racer, I'm doing mistakes easily in the heat of the battle.... I went out in Indianapolis, as I drove outside of the the racing line and had no grip under braking. Massive aero and suspension damage, limped home, spend 60hours in pits, and than started the chase. 1.43 behind leader.
Since the track was relatively clear and GT cars were doing amazing job while being lapped (thanks!), I've done consistent 3.05's, 3.04's for the next 20 laps or so, until I burned all of the 120L of fuel
My second mistake was done while I was selecting a pit strategy and not concentrating missed braking point in 2nd corner and hit the wall....It's not like there is a massive straight, where you can play with pit strategy, right?
And my third stupid mistake was quite funny. After @Sonic was probably trying to to give me more space on Mulsanne, he drove to the grass with two wheels and that caused a spectacular crash, bumped from left barrier to the right.(I have to find a replay :) ) Fortunately, even though I had a nice view the underside of his car, there was no contact....but, me being scared, I've missed the braking point and went to buy a sausage in the same manner as @Battenberg did in first lap. To my surprise, there was already one GT car, buying sausage, so it got crowded.
Turing circle being not great and no handbrake meant doing a 3-point turn and hitting some stupid sign (even though I could have sworn I didn't hit it) that gave me 2 front aero damage, which transated in -20kph on Mulsanne the next lap...soo, fourth pit stop was in order :dead:.

I was doing my best the last 30 minutes, being hunted by @ProjectPD, he was doing great laps and I had 120L of fuel, I never concentrated that hard while racing before!
Oh and in the true spirit of Le Mans, half of my gear knob disintegrated 20 mins before the end :D (loose screw)

So yeah, stupid mistakes meant finishing 2 minutes behind Alex, but it was sooo enjoyable that I don't mind one bit.

Personally, I would prefer a slightly shorter race. My leg was killing me(still does) and once you have un-expected pit, the strategy is gone. Why can't I just tell them to give me just enough fuel to finish? Still had 45L after checkered flag...

Sign me up for the next Historic Le Mans race! :hungry:
Congrats @Alex Salmon for a well deserved win!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread