Assetto Corsa Competizione Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello ACC-People, did a Top10 today... yesterday already. Damn who cares about yesterdays races... anyway.
I was battling with the guy that finished on P5 in the first half of the race. At that time we were between P11 and P8 somewhere there. At some point I bounced of a wall kinda wierdly had bit of damage and a later brush at a wall made the car drive funny and lose pace so I went for a pit stop. With fresh tires I was gaining on P2, that I closed up to. I stayed behind P2, gained a few positions as ppl were embracing the walls and struggling with the tyres. I don't think I could have get P9 and P8 after the pit stop and repair, they were to far ahead.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hello ACC-People, did a Top10 today... yesterday already. Damn who cares about yesterdays races... anyway.
I was battling with the guy that finished on P5 in the first half of the race. At that time we were between P11 and P8 somewhere there. At some point I bounced of a wall kinda wierdly had bit of damage and a later brush at a wall made the car drive funny and lose pace so I went for a pit stop. With fresh tires I was gaining on P2, that I closed up to. I stayed behind P2, gained a few positions as ppl were embracing the walls and struggling with the tyres. I don't think I could have get P9 and P8 after the pit stop and repair, they were to far ahead.
When I read walls I can only think of bathurst:D

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Pretty big cut at the top of Eua Rouge, but it's mighty impressive. Even more so considering that Porker is the hardest car to drive fast in the game, IMO.
Real Life track limits of the 24h race, as long as you touch the kerb you are in between the track limits...
Didn't tried the event after the 1.3.10 etc. updates, but I can share my setup from 1.3.9 if you want. Eau Rouge was easily flat with it. Maybe try the aggressive preset, don't shift up into 6th before Eau Rouge and don't hit the kerb on the inside, as in 9 of 10 times you will be dead then :)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yea I would be keen to try a setup. I have moved over to aggressive setups now with most cars, and then only making small adjustments like rear ARB to cure any oversteer. Spa is one of the best tracks to drive, but I can't get below 23s with any car.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yea I would be keen to try a setup. I have moved over to aggressive setups now with most cars, and then only making small adjustments like rear ARB to cure any oversteer. Spa is one of the best tracks to drive, but I can't get below 23s with any car.
Try the Bentley 2018, pretty nice car around Spa and also pretty forgiving. Doesn't want to kill you if you get one kerb wrong. I would stay away from the Audi, Lambo and Porsche at first. In my experience they are the hardest to drive, especially at Spa :)

Yeah will upload it later, hope that it still works in 1.3.10 with the bumpstop changes they implemented.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Did someone try to load a spa telemetry in motec app? Why the track map shown in the software is anything but spa? :D
Edit: i think i lose a lot of time at eau rouge

Last edited:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Did someone try to load a spa telemetry in motec app? Why the track map shown in the software is anything but spa? :D
First of all, don't do weird TC combinations like 7/2. Use similiar values and I would say the max deviation between those two should be around 2.
Yeah you are loosing big time at Eau Rouge and the Kemmel straight. Go more to the left on the first small left kink and try to hit the inside kerb in the right hander little bit later. Just watch the video I posted, how Paolo is doing it and use my setup for now, Eau Rouge flat shouldnt be a problem with it.
Next big thing is little bit more general driving approach. Think about the Porsche, think about its physical architecture, where the engine is placed, where the weight is and how you can be fast with this car.
Pretty sure you know that the weight is in the back, because the engine is there. The Porsche has almost no weight on the front tires, so it struggles big time into the corners, because the front tires are not loaded enough to produce enough lateral grip. So you need just the right amount of trail braking to make use of the dynamic weight shift into the corner to keep the front tires loaded. And this is exactly what makes this car hard to drive, as the rear end will try to kill you if you overdo this a little bit. But there is no other way to drive this car fast so keep practicing the corner entry, keep practicing the trail braking, keep practing to rotate the car on the brake into the corner, stabilze it with your inputs and try to be as early on the throttle as possible. It also helps to drive corners in this car like a 'v' shape. Think of Bruxelles, the 180deg downhill right hander. Try to drive this corner with an early apex, go a little bit to the middle of the track in the middle of the corner and then focus on a good straight exit with as much throttle as you can.

Did couple of laps, my hotlap setup from the event was rather pointless, was undriveable with the suspension changes from 1.3.10. So I did a new one based on the Aggressive preset. Tire pressures are for 24deg track temp. Other than that, no big changes. Little bit more rear camber, more diff preload to counter the corner entry oversteer with 10l of fuel, brake bias to 54,8%, softer front ARB and more rear end ARB. With this setup I did a 2.17.8 at optimal grip conditions.

Setup:
Motec files:

Cheers,
Dom

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I need to setup ffb better, at les combes and all slow speed corners i feel like car is floating because of lack of weight, at eau rouge pouhon and blanchimont it's good on the other hand

Last edited:

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score

1 stop crawling towards the apex during the braking zone. You need that space to turn the car in.
Keep braking in a straight line and turn in confidently.
For the rest I have nothing else to say because I need to see brake and throttle traces. Especially in the Porsche.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
1 stop crawling towards the apex during the braking zone. You need that space to turn the car in.
Keep braking in a straight line and turn in confidently.
Not really. ACC is a game were the most important thing about cornering is to hit the apex. The rest usually works out well enough. That includes braking towards the apex (so braking across the track) vs bigger cornering radius. Sure there are a few corners where a bend approach after braking and a late apex are better than a straight approach and an rather early apex, but that's rather fine tuning for specific corners.

This is the right moment to realize that ACC is not as realistic as some ppl think it is.

@Havocc
A few things I noticed, might be worth trying and see if it gets you some pace, but maybe you will need throw everything around anyway because of the first hin :smuggrin:
1. Try significantly less downforce even if you have to sacrifice some aero balance. Spa is a low DF track after all.
Looks like you lose time in Le Combes, your brake point is about the one I use when I'm ~10-15 kph faster on the straight if I recall it right. Le Combes is normally the trail braking entry where the lateral performance of the rear tires is maxed out. That might be why it looks like you enter Le Combes like a grandma :p Go at the corner with that judgement of the current entry, maybe it helps you, you need to get in as violently as the rear tires can, not as you think they can. You need to spin a few times to get the feeling of the limit and then still can adjust the setup to make that work. Also the right turn out, after Le Combes, missed apex and transition for the corner was not good, too much corrections not well prepared not well exited the left bend. The whole corner combination feels like you could get much more performance out of the rear axis without the car spinning out.
Into T11 you can improve because your transition from Rivage into T11 is effecting the yaw rate build up for T11. Also are you really always using the kerb on the outside before T11? I would advice to stay away from that as it's too unpredictable and instead sorting out the yaw of the car before T11.
Lost too much speed into Pouhon. Less braking for/before the corner, speed will go down while cornering in doubt add slight trail braking and then you will be much more on the limit for the 2nd half of the corner.
Into Fagnes maybe try a later apex. You could be faster in the left bend of Fagnes. The left bend of Fagnes, if you cut the corner you can use the outrun on the exit more. Approach for T15 should be no problem. If you can do that without losing too much time in the right bend of Fagnes you will be quicker in sum.
Now Stavelot is a very important corner for the lap time and overtakings. To me it looks like your going thru it with a low DF settings but your top-speeds say high-DF. You need to find a line to have as much throttle as possible thru there andb e all on the limit. You need to try to get it to a late apex probably without touching the inside kerbs, as it once was pretty lethal to touch that one. But there is a lot to gain there so worth the practice and risk.
Blanchimont this corner tells you well if you have too much df. If you can go thru the corner at full throttle without any problem, without nailing timing and apex, you have for sure too much downforce. Even if you have to lift slightly there it's most likely still faster on the rest of the track.
Bus Stop you could try to get in hotter. Use some trail braking up to the first apex.

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
I need to setup ffb better, at les combes and all slow speed corners i feel like car is floating because of lack of weight, at eau rouge pouhon and blanchimont it's good on the other hand

Aris saves:

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi. I wanted to do a CP server race but after registration it said registration full and I was unable to join. This is ofc very annoying. I had all the rating at high enough level(otherwise it wont let me register).

Is this a common problem with CP servers?
Anyone else who has experienced this?
Anyone who know something about it?

I have looked around at the official AC forum but not much of use there and no official answers from Kunos.

Thanks.

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
It's common. Keep trying, they say you've got better odds with every rejection.

When you improve your rating further, you will have even more chances.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The thing is other than iRacing where you have as many splits as needed in ACC CP there are only a certain number of slots, which normally are given to the drivers with the highest rating i think.

So in that case you meet the requirements to sign up but your rating is not high enough to get a certain spot. So yeah as @Jomba already said, try to improve your rating a bit more to be able to get a higher chance

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am not sure, but i heard Dan Suzuki saying in his stream that a safety rating of 99 is pretty much a must have to be able to get a spot during the popular time slots
But i think the overall combinations of all rating categories is taken into account, so you could also boost your pace rating a bit by doing the special events, which then increases your overall rating

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I am not sure, but i heard Dan Suzuki saying in his stream that a safety rating of 99 is pretty much a must have to be able to get a spot during the popular time slots
But i think the overall combinations of all rating categories is taken into account, so you could also boost your pace rating a bit by doing the special events, which then increases your overall rating
I have 38 safety because ai is dumb

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I've got some questions about the setup menu:
  • What do the brakes settings do? First I thought they are for changing pads, but the wear doesn't go down when selecting different options, so I'm confused.
  • Ferrari has the TC2 setting, the so-called traction control cut-off. Can anybody explain what does this do?

Users who are viewing this thread