Assetto Corsa Competizione Chit Chat (4 Viewers)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've got some questions about the setup menu:
  • What do the brakes settings do? First I thought they are for changing pads, but the wear doesn't go down when selecting different options, so I'm confused.
  • Ferrari has the TC2 setting, the so-called traction control cut-off. Can anybody explain what does this do?
Brake settings change the Aggressiveness of the disc and pads.
Setting 1: Aggressive pads and discs, high wear, high braking power, will last for ~2h races
Setting 2: Normal pads and disc, normal wear, normal braking power, will last for 6h races
Setting 3: Endurance pads and disc, low wear, low braking power, will last for 24h races
Setting 4: Experimental pads and discs, ultra high wear, ultra high braking power, will last for 20min

TC1: when does TC kick in
TC2: how much is the power reduced when TC kicks in

Hope this helps :)

zevme

Community Member
Reaction score
I've got some questions about the setup menu:
  • What do the brakes settings do? First I thought they are for changing pads, but the wear doesn't go down when selecting different options, so I'm confused.
  • Ferrari has the TC2 setting, the so-called traction control cut-off. Can anybody explain what does this do?

The pads are different you can find the descriptions about them in the kunos forum topics

The older car has only one TC control, it sets when and how much it does

The TC1 and TC2 is the same but separated...
TC changes both the same like TC settings values is 3 it works as TC1 =3 and TC2 = 3

The TC1 sets when applies the cut.. the TC2 set how much is the engine cut...
for better better driving it has separeted.. with different TC2 value you can set lower or higher cut value as the original ..as you feel

do not exceed +/- 1 (or max 2) from the TC1 value..
Post automatically merged:

I have 38 safety because ai is dumb

I lost about 20 25 safety value when the server lost our datas ..... now i'm on 55

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Is it possible to save mid race in endurance races in career?

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to save mid race in endurance races in career?
I think you can also save during a pitstop and resume from there

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't know where you guys get your information from. But as far as I know, TCR or TC2 retards the spark, so it's more gradual and smooth. TCC or TC1 cuts the spark, so it's much more aggressive and feels like it. But it's able to attenuate much bigger throttle mistakes.

zevme

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't know where you guys get your information from. But as far as I know, TCR or TC2 retards the spark, so it's more gradual and smooth. TCC or TC1 cuts the spark, so it's much more aggressive and feels like it. But it's able to attenuate much bigger throttle mistakes.
i've learnt this from Aris

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
i've learnt this from Aris
Edit: I misread you.
Aris post confirms, TC2 is spark retard, TC1 is spark cut.

Just to clarify, there is no setting "how much TC is cut" that would be weird as cutting power is cutting power.

The TC2 setting retards the spark and therefore reduces the power gradually in a somewhat linear way. So the TC2 setting is a sensitivity setting as well as a threshold setting.
The TC1 setting cuts the spark, reducing the engine output to 0 for a short moment. This is only a treshold setting and this threshold should be much higher than the TC2 threshold setting. This is done beforehand so it will work best if the setting positions of TC1(TCR) and TC2(TCC) are the same.

Original quote from Physics developer Aris

Last edited:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Alrighty, then it is.

TC1: controls at which slip ratio TC kicks in and completely reduces power
TC2: controls at which slip ratio the ignition timing is changed and how it is changed until TC1 kicks in

In Germany we say 'Again what learned' :p;)

Cheers

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good thing i only race the Nissan GT R: it doesn't have those gismos. Only one TC settings and only 4 fuel maps 1 - faster 4 - slower.

nice and easy.
If only it was a tier 1 car :).

Thanks for the tip on the break settings @Exited i didn't knew that!

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Probably useless post for 99% of members, anyway...

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Given the high numbers on TS tonight for this I *MAY* just have to get it :eek:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I don't really know how can someone be that idiot...

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow and they are trying to frame them as eSport? No eSport without an anti-cheat-tool.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I see the positives. This guy showed Kunos that it is possible to reverse engineer what the server is sending to the client and back and how to manipulate is cleverly.
Pretty sure when finally the console version is out, they will focus again on improving the game and will definitely close that loophole in some way :)
I trust in Kunos ;)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
you guys are a bit late to the party :).
A little bit more info than a random video by someone uninformed.

This guy has been wrecking havoc on the Competitive server split 1 over the last 3 months. He sometimes appears for a week, do his shenanigans then disappears for 2 or 3 weeks then returns. He has not been around for 1 or 2 weeks, so i'm expecting his return in soon.

I'm not going to post any videos from his channel here to not give him publicity but he has a youtube channel where he posts his videos showing off his cheating and trolling and whatever else.

He doesn't hide his cheats, he doesn't hide he is cheating on the server, he just does his thing, sometimes he crashes into everyone, sometimes he drives 'clean' with a car with 20% more power and grip, even says sorry when he makes mistakes amd almost takes me out and then in the end tries to legitimize himself and say 'GG good race', the latest trick was using a 'lag trick' where his car was jumping all over the place and no one could pass him so he was driving at pace car pace for 40min on a 45min race.
Then he created a fake CP server, where you could gain CP rating outside the official servers: this was fixed a few days later.

When he first appeared in late March, after a week or so apparently Kunos talked with him, and Aris, 'the face' of Kunos said on his stream that they talked with him and the guy was reasonable and would work with them etc...the fact was that the cheater disappeared for a month after or so and then returned with a bang and posted a video that he never agreed to stop doing that although he talked with Kunos he never agreed to work with them and the only thing he told them was that they had a security flaw and people could get the DLC for free.

Above everything else the guy is a medical case, he probably has a socipathic disorder and urgently needs treatment. he gets high on the attention he gets, he always posts stuff with streamers than complain about him, he was constantly replying on the forum until he got banned a week or 2 ago.

He is just a nuisance, because he doesn't hide he is cheating and everyone knows when he is around, he always drives a pink Jaguar nowadays and has a silly name: the big problem is those that might be cheating with marginal gains, that are unnoticeable on the fly while driving. Not sure if those exist in ACC, probably, and probably on other games.
He said on one video he cheats on rFactor, raceroom and automobilista 2. He didn't cheat on iRacing because it's expensive, but he knew people who cheated there.

The true fact is, cheating will always exist in any game. Companies should try to mitigate as much as they can and have the necessary tools to enforce non-cheating environments as best as possible.
And 2. never deal with terrorists. A big mistake by Kunos.

Last edited:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I see the positives. This guy showed Kunos that it is possible to reverse engineer what the server is sending to the client and back and how to manipulate is cleverly.
Pretty sure when finally the console version is out, they will focus again on improving the game and will definitely close that loophole in some way :)
I trust in Kunos ;)
I know it's you who set that lap time :D:D
silv.jpg

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok so i tried this game again last night and i can see they have made massive improvements to vr i am able to run everything high how ever i am still having the issue of the blury image anything passed the bonnet and well easyest way to describe it is its foggy its the same stood still and high speed its like my motion blur is stuck on all the time. If anyone knows a fix to this i could probbly enjoy this game..

On another note wtf is going on with the physics i raced the ai and for giggles i tried to pit manuver car in front at low speed round a hairpin perfect opertunity to do it and i actualy managed to pit maneuver myself lol honestly it was like i got hit and the ai was like a brick wall lol...other than that much improvement if i could just sort out the blur lol..

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok so i tried this game again last night and i can see they have made massive improvements to vr i am able to run everything high how ever i am still having the issue of the blury image anything passed the bonnet and well easyest way to describe it is its foggy its the same stood still and high speed its like my motion blur is stuck on all the time. If anyone knows a fix to this i could probbly enjoy this game..

On another note wtf is going on with the physics i raced the ai and for giggles i tried to pit manuver car in front at low speed round a hairpin perfect opertunity to do it and i actualy managed to pit maneuver myself lol honestly it was like i got hit and the ai was like a brick wall lol...other than that much improvement if i could just sort out the blur lol..

Turn off motion Blur?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Turn off motion Blur?
cus i didnt think of that one lol motion blur only works when your moving the foggy issue is stood still or moving..

Users who are viewing this thread