Assetto Corsa Competizione Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
The game is built around an idea of elitism of wheel users. Kunos are praised by the players who are sure that if the game even allows to play with controller then it's not the sim. And we know how much Kunos like to be praised as the only proper sim developers.
Good luck with finding a way to play it using a controller. I'm sure you'll manage to adapt somehow ;) Just don't hope receive a tiniest portion of understanding from the studio or community

UPD: btw, during the pCARS1 development years, before I bought a steering wheel I used my controller as "custom wheel" and assigned one stick as a steering and the other stick as gas/pedal. And it worked great! Maybe it can work in ACC as well.

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Got something figured out, though looks like I'm resigned to having auto clutch & auto ignition & starter (which don't work automatically rendering this option -insert foul profanity here-)
Was able to export my pcars driving profile to acc via the steam big picture mode & fiddle with the accel/braking profiles through this easy enough.
The steering I've almost got nailed - just requires some fine tuning from practice & more practice.
Vibration/rumble/ff is not representative to whats happening, just a muted bzzzzz that only changes when crashing, stalling or starting the engine :rolleyes:

Now that the initial WTF phase has passed....
The game looks GORGEOUS. Sounds pretty good too, though hearing the suspension crunch over any kerb is a little worrying.
Need to spend some time getting the camera set properly...
can anyone tell me what a semi re presentable lap time is around spa in the fezza? (my only clean lap clocked 2.30.4)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
can anyone tell me what a semi re presentable lap time is around spa in the fezza? (my only clean lap clocked 2.30.4)
I do 2.21, aliens or exited 2.16-17

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The game is built around an idea of elitism of wheel users. Kunos are praised by the players who are sure that if the game even allows to play with controller then it's not the sim. And we know how much Kunos like to be praised as the only proper sim developers.
Good luck with finding a way to play it using a controller. I'm sure you'll manage to adapt somehow ;) Just don't hope receive a tiniest portion of understanding from the studio or community

UPD: btw, during the pCARS1 development years, before I bought a steering wheel I used my controller as "custom wheel" and assigned one stick as a steering and the other stick as gas/pedal. And it worked great! Maybe it can work in ACC as well.
Don't know if this post is just sarcasm, I really hope so, because otherwise that is probably one of the dumbest posts I have ever read...
Stefano Casillo (the master behind the AC engine and Kunos in general) played AC on the controller himself and implemented all the options to make controller driving possible. So I have no idea where Kunos deliberaly is forcing to Player to get a wheel and I can see zero point zero elitism in the playerbase that only wheel players are real players. Kunos implemented a penalty if you use the steer assist with a controller because it was to easy to control insanely obersteery setups with it and pad players where to fast with that, that's it...
Don't know why you need to spread so much negativity in this forum against Kunos, something personal?

@FuBii Spa is Audi Land, it is insanely OP there. Aliens can do 2.15 with it, qualy pace. I would say good race pace is around 2.18 to 2.20, it depends all on the temperatures as laptimes can vary in dry conditions up to 2secs just because of the temps.

Cheers,
Dom.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
@Exited Spread negativity against Kunos? Are you serious? :)
Some people are so angry in the morning

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@FuBii Spa is Audi Land, it is insanely OP there. Aliens can do 2.15 with it, qualy pace. I would say good race pace is around 2.18 to 2.20, it depends all on the temperatures as laptimes can vary in dry conditions up to 2secs just because of the temps.

Everything but Monza is audi land, that car is so damn easy to drive :oops:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Everything but Monza is audi land, that car is so damn easy to drive :oops:
Nono, overall I would say the Porsche is the strongest car, followed by the Audi, Merc and Ferrari. Then Aston, Nissan, Lambo :)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Cool not as far away as I thought I'd be, was worried I'd be some 20/30s off the pace.
I should be able to close that gap quite quickly though will likely be racing at the back of field for a while :playful:

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
based on my Split 1 CP experience the easiest car to be fast is the Porsche 2019, folloed by the Audi.
in my opinition the tiers of 'easiest cars to be fast':
Tier 1 cars: Porsche 2019 / Audi
Tier 2 cars: Lambo / Aston V8 / Ferrari / Merc (Merc in Monza becomes GOD tier and it is vastly OP there).
Tier 3: McLaren, Bentley
Tier 4: everything else.

I drive the Nissan which is an everything else car....but then again: what i said is that is not the easiest car to be fast, not that it is slower.
I can get to a random track in the porsche and in a few laps to the same lap time i will need an hour and heavy setup work on other cars.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I tried hotlapping monza in the porsche, did 50.2 at second attempt with aggressive setup, spunt at the 3rd :D

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@FuBii what exactly do you need a clutch for?

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@FuBii god sake man just get on fleebay and grab a cheap g27 or a g29 theres a few for less than £90 lol.:p:p:p

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
@FuBii god sake man just get on fleebay and grab a cheap g27 or a g29 theres a few for less than £90 lol.:p:p:p

I think it's become more of an honor thing than a money thing by now...

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Physics lesson

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
GT4 pack out 15th jul :D

Users who are viewing this thread