iRacing Chit Chat (2 Viewers)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thats how you win the SoF race in the skippys against the top division 1 drivers :D :D

Buuuuuujaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! (I am in the red/white car :p)

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
I've been focusing on the BSS for the last month or so, but after hearing you talk about the Skippy earlier in the week, I thought I would give them a go at the Glen, and I must say had some really good fun with them this weekend, always close racing and seems a lot fairer than in the BSS series.

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Holy crap I did my first race on Monday in iRacing and eventually finished. So feeling good about myself I joined a second session and started from pitlane. Around turn 3 a guy had spun and nothing scary about it as he kept it to the left of the track and I gained a place another spin around turn four once again no problem and another place gained, then the second last turn a guy went straight and again no problem and another place gained, except this last guy and a total dork in my mind went from going straight into a run off area turned and headed straight across the track and in a flash my race was over, I T-Boned him middle on made him roll 5 times and I sat with a wrecked car. Safety Rating Oki just plummeted. So that was my night and my comeback was Tuesday night at Limerock Park chicane, First race quali was 3rd so decided to start on grid, lost one place into turn 3 but then 5th spot dive bombed into space that was not there, oh well safety rating Oki down again and wrecked car. Second race decided to start from pits even though quali put me in fifth. Well to my surprise I was in second on lap seven had to break earlier into turn 3 as first made a slight mistake and I did not want and incident, turn 4 exited quite well and on my way down to the hill by the chicane "IDIOT" clipped my right rear and put me in the wall shouting, thinking as well, what are those American cops thinking, I am in a fn race not the high way and speeding is part of it. Oh well there goes my safety rating again. Taking a break from all them noobs who race online. Although Limerock chicane can be a bit tricky, so far I loved the track and I was fast there maybe not Alien speed but fast enough to get to second in 7 laps out of 20 laps starting from pitlane.

Last edited:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Keep going Oki, it's a hard grind I know. Doesn't seem like it now but your also learning a bit to. The art of reading body language. You can start to see if someone is looking a bit too racy behind you or if someone is overdriving. We know you are a quick guy so just go for the safety rating, the iRating can come later.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I agree with @ramiboo. When I started iRacing, I was always getting crashed into, hence why my iRating is so low. But over time I have been able to use my mirror more to judge if some is driving like a twat and 9 time out of 10 I am able to avoid someone trying to dive bomb me. I wish I was recording from Monday, then I would be able to show you a perfect example.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a bit hairy when you start, it can still be a bit hairy in C licence, i'm hoping when I get to B it might calm down a bit more.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score
ppl that play league of legends or Doto, have a word for this... ELO HELL. It's when the game matches you up against good players and puts you with the shit players. I think we all went through that in Iracing. Just keep your head down and try keep safe, rather give a position than fight for it. Good luck buddy.

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
Watch some of Afterburner's crash vids from BSS, you'll understand.

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
I am keeping my head up (@Kman if that is what you were referring to). My first race last night was from pitlane and ended up finishing 4th and was extremely elated. Was just these guys at least were polite and gave room where it was needed and stayed out of your way. Real cool race in the end. Sh!t happens and sometimes we over react but that is life. One thing I did notice when checking the ratings for the rookies I am on top, that is just mind blowing (not talking about blowing you @Kman) for me. Six races in and I feel I have accomplished more than I expected. If everything goes as I would like then I should get promoted by the end of the evening tonight.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I guess you all got the mail, but anyway, iRacing is starting Black Friday sale with 25% off of 1 or 2 year account renewal :) offer lasts till 6. December

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Puffpirat Ah, cool thanks. It finally went up. Gonna grab that 2 year membership.

G

Gopher04

I looked at renewing as well, but the pound is so shite right now..

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
iRacing is teasing me :(

upload_2016-11-13_10-10-18.png

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
The HPD is at Nurburgring Combined this week and oh jesus do things come at you quickly, strap yourself in for a wild ride :D

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be lapping Brands Hatch Indy in the Mazda Advanced I think. I think it'll be a good combo! Hopefully I'll have some skills to up my iRating too..... :D

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Yes, have been driving the Mazda around Brands, not many up for racing at the moment :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Just started watching a Gamer Muscle Youtube video regarding which is the best sim, he starts off driving in iRacing and after 3 laps my name pops up in front of him, Its Me!!! :D I should ask for royalties or something :p

Users who are viewing this thread