General Motorsport Discussion (2 Viewers)

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm in the same boat with the mclaran. That Renault is lovely though. Souber is very nice too imo.

G

Gopher04

See I like the Mclaren, and orange is a famous colour of their's, but I really don't like the look of the Sauber, the Renault looks sweet.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Could be a brigher orange, the one they have now looks a bit too dark for my taste. What in hell is btw this little thingy on the ferrari (behind or on the shark fin?). Looks sooooo strange :D

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Could be a brigher orange, the one they have now looks a bit too dark for my taste. What in hell is btw this little thingy on the ferrari (behind or on the shark fin?). Looks sooooo strange :D

its a t wing

G

Gopher04

Jeez never noticed that, lets hope there are no low flying seagulls..

Do really like the Toro Rosso, at least it will stand out now.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm really liking the new Haas colour because it's the exact same colour I will be painting my AE86. :)

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score

Explaining the T-wing.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Not F1 but think you'll enjoy this;
The on-board of that move at bathurst is outrageous

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah that kid is insane, watched him at Bathurst 12hr support races. He's only 18 or something.

G

Gopher04

Do we really need to say anything???

With the new Formula One season fast approaching Force India have revealed a refreshed livery design ahead of Melbourne, dropping the now traditional Force India gold and white for a rather eye catching shade of pink, courtesy of a new sponsorship arrangement with BWT, an Austrian based water brand that makes it's debut in Formula One.
Force India Pink Livery.jpg

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
G

Gopher04

I like this quote the best..

Force India have also confirmed that their drivers, Sergio Perez and Esteban Ocon, will wear pink helmets "to complement the unique BWT pink car".

Last edited by a moderator:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Maybe when they are racing and their blood pressure rises the colour changes to purple and explodes with................

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
A cheeky little bit of historic racing before Sebring 12 hrs later...

Fantastic stuff, watching the vintage cars qualifying is far more exciting than a season of F1!

I was at Mallory last year when Mark Walker's Darracq V8 piston escaped the engine and rolled down the track, as the commentator mentioned that's why he was in the GN today!

Attachments

• IMG_20160924_163913309.jpg
    IMG_20160924_163913309.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 337

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Battenberg you should know I wasted most of Sunday watching the Goodwood MM stream, didn't get a lot of things done as a result :D

Think the only races I didn't watch were the Lister Jaguar race and the Graham Hill race, will have to catch up on those once they put them up in the YouTube channel, sure they will put the full races up like they have in the past.

My 3 favourite, were:

The A series engines sports car race which had a fantastic battle for the lead switching positions countless times (though sadly cut short by one of the leaders spinning off and crashing on rejoin after the SC).

The Group 1 touring car 15 min, reverse grid race. Involving an epic battle with Mini and Camero.

The SF Edge vintage race, featuring a brilliant David and Goliath battle for the win (David still having a V8 aero engine!) and the Beast of Turin actually racing!

Though it's hard to pick pretty much every race is worth watching!

Reactions: Tom

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
All the racing was mega, but the GT1 demo really caught my eye. I might have to be a proper nerd and find a model of that Harrod's McLaren F1...

Loved the GT1 cars, I hope they'll race in anger again soon rather than just doing demos, would be way too fast to race at Goodwood though.

Very special era for me as a kid, I remember setting the recorder to video the GT highlights on a Sunday morning, or excitedly getting up early to watch it 'live' a couple of weeks after the event. And eagerly reading ceefax motorsport pages...

Then my dad took me to see the GTs at Silverstone in '98 and Thrust SSC was on display, most exciting day ever!

The cars were just brilliant from the F40 and F1 which as the Goodwood commentators said looked positively normal compared to the Porsche and Mercedes GT1 cars. The front engined Panoz was bonkers and in GT2 there were still proper 911s with the huge whaletail and then the Vipers turned up with the no replacement for displacement mantra.

Still have my Gulf McLaren F1 tin pencil case somewhere...

Will have to start watching these tomorrow...

Reactions: Tom

Users who are viewing this thread