General Motorsport Discussion (1 Viewer)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Racing the Morgan at Brands on bank holiday Monday, got spare tickets if anybody wants a day out...
Hmm, temped to take a ride over of the morning, I've got a BBQ in the afternoon, what time is Quali?

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
9am, That may work out as I'll then have no problem getting back for the BBQ. I'll try to get there to help you push it up the hill for scrutineering (Although they don't normally restrict engines running at Brands). :D

Ok if I confirm on Sunday?

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
9am, That may work out as I'll then have no problem getting back for the BBQ. I'll try to get there to help you push it up the hill for scrutineering (Although they don't normally restrict engines running at Brands). :D

I'll be there sunday watching the historics :)

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score

No problem, I'll message you my number. Luckily we get the luxury of being scrutineered in the pit garage as it's a Morgan meeting!

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For those who missed it last weekend, brilliant end to the N24.

(A bit of pre-video context, the Green Land Audi was dominating the race until an electrical fault in the last hour put it back to P3).

Last edited:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Watched the indy race from detroit last night and recording tonight as well.

Was good fun. The visor cam vids on youtube made me interested (as well as all the indy content we are getting in pcars 2 and alonso's recent adventures at the indy 500) and it seems the car's do not have the same issues as f1 following other cars from dirty air ?

Anyone know for sure if that's the case?

May well keep watching this... found it more entertaining than the average f1 race.

Oh and the cars look and sound like proper race cars and not science experiments gone wrong with audio from vacuum cleaners.

Edit: road courses mainly. Not sure I could get into the ovals.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I love me some Indycar, I'm watching it right now! They still suffer from dirty air, but the push to pass helps overtaking a bit. Races can be turned on their heads pretty easily too, since full course yellows are fairly frequent (rubbin' is racing y'all!), odd ball pit strategies sometimes work out.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Crazy! New lap record for Toyota!

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
They're only gonna get quicker!!
But yeah, it's crazy to think that they are now accelerating through corners where previously they'd be braking

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
With all this talk about a F1 in London downtown, rFactor Pro once had to make an example of how such a gp would look like. Pretty fun track, however the narrow of the road before Start/Finish is kinda dangerous haha.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
+++BREAKING NEWS+++
Mercedes-Benz commits to Formula E, departs DTM

Toto Wolff, Head of Mercedes-AMG Motorsport:
"Our years in the DTM will always be held high as a major chapter in the motorsport history of Mercedes. I want to thank every team member whose fantastic work has helped to make Mercedes-Benz the most successful DTM manufacturer during that time. Although leaving is tough for all of us, we will be doing everything during this season and next to make sure we win as many DTM titles as possible before we go. We owe that to our fans and to ourselves."

Dr. Jens Thiemer, Vice President Marketing Mercedes-Benz Cars:
"Our departure from the DTM brings a long-standing motorsport era to a close. We look back with pride on the commitment of our teams, drivers, partners and the many people behind the scenes, who so often made the series a fascinating platform for our customers and for fans of our brand. It is now time to start on a new path. Mercedes-Benz will market future battery powered electric vehicles using the EQ label. Formula E is a significant step in order to demonstrate the performance of our attractive battery powered electric vehicles, as well as giving an emotional spin to our EQ technology brand through motorsport and marketing."

Toto Wolff, Head of Mercedes-AMG Motorsport:
"In motorsport like in every other area, we want to be the benchmark in the premium segment and to explore innovative new projects. The combination of Formula 1 and Formula E delivers that. Formula E is like an exciting start-up venture: it offers a brand new format, combining racing with a strong event character, in order to promote current and future technologies."

Copy & paste from mercs motorsport page but wow... guess they want some fresh knowledge to push the hybrid system in F1 & road cars.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That will possibly be the end of the modern day DTM
Hopefully they make a new series that is based on the old, and far better DTM

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
RIP DTM

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
That will possibly be the end of the modern day DTM
Hopefully they make a new series that is based on the old, and far better DTM
Oh yes, this would be great!
I've already made up my ruleset :p
- 2.0 Turbo or 3.0 N/A
- Hybrid technology is forbidden.
- Only manual gearbox with stick shift. Can have either 6 or 7 forward gears.
- Cars have to be production based and have street legal homologation models of at least 500 pcs. At least one of these has to be donated to me. :p
- Mandatory RWD, no AWD, no FWD.
- minimum 1200 kg, maximum 1400 kg.
- the dashboard and center console has to be equal to the production car. door-panels, mats and insulation can be removed.
- pivot points of the suspension have to be identical to the production car.
- rims have to be 18", with 235 to 255 mm width on the front and 255 to 285 mm on the rear axle.
- the body cannot be different to the production car, except for small canards and winglets with a total surface of 2000 cm²
:D

Last edited:

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
or a series based on the V8 Supercars down in Australia, they always deliver great racing :D

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
Really???:eek:

Ok, so, we're expecting Toyota to win the 24 Le Mans 2018, but hey, Who knows?......a Toyota, right?

PORSCHE leaving WEC 2018

Users who are viewing this thread