General Motorsport Discussion (1 Viewer)

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I've been sorely missing the BTCC after all the YouTube channels uploading the races for the international audience kept getting shut down. Some of the best racing around.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I've been sorely missing the BTCC after all the YouTube channels uploading the races for the international audience kept getting shut down. Some of the best racing around.

That sounds frustrating!

The coverage in the UK is brilliant, the ITV4 channel shows the whole race day including support races live.

There's a free stream of the channel on ITV's website, I guess it's locked to UK IPs.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I got to cross BTCC off my spectator bucket list yesterday, what a fantastic race package. The main races were brilliant, especially Race 3 with the partially reversed grid, and the Ginetta Juniors were as bananas as expected!

This was the view from our seats:
DSC_0366.JPG

You get the impression that Paddock Hill is a pretty steep drop in game, but it was immense in person. The picture doesn't do it justice, it's a proper rollercoaster. You could see where the cars were going light mid corner, and who had the big balls to push there. And of course we got the occasional face full of gravel trap dust.

The whole Indy circuit is in a bowl, so it's brilliant for spectating. Even on a busy day like yesterday, you can get great views of most of the circuit from many perspectives, even with just the general admission ticket. We walked around for the support races, and found a great spot on the exit of the hairpin at the top of the hill. You could see the run to and whole of Paddock Hill, the Hairpin, and then the run down to the left hander. We saw lots of clios bumping and barging there, and yet nobody had sticky door issues...

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I got to cross BTCC off my spectator bucket list yesterday, what a fantastic race package. The main races were brilliant, especially Race 3 with the partially reversed grid, and the Ginetta Juniors were as bananas as expected!

This was the view from our seats:
View attachment 1083
You get the impression that Paddock Hill is a pretty steep drop in game, but it was immense in person. The picture doesn't do it justice, it's a proper rollercoaster. You could see where the cars were going light mid corner, and who had the big balls to push there. And of course we got the occasional face full of gravel trap dust.

The whole Indy circuit is in a bowl, so it's brilliant for spectating. Even on a busy day like yesterday, you can get great views of most of the circuit from many perspectives, even with just the general admission ticket. We walked around for the support races, and found a great spot on the exit of the hairpin at the top of the hill. You could see the run to and whole of Paddock Hill, the Hairpin, and then the run down to the left hander. We saw lots of clios bumping and barging there, and yet nobody had sticky door issues...
That is where I normally watch from, but this time I got to go somewhere a bit more special :p
IMG_0063.JPG

Which got me into the garages :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow, kinda ballsy from Alonso but at the same time cool! Next year is Le Mans then? :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Although it is in german, super fun to watch it :D Timo Glock, super awesome guy!

"What happens when two race driving friends like Timo Glock official and Timo Scheider take to the track in a BMW DTM car? See for yourself!"

Reactions: Tom

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
What a save, thought he was taking a trip into the barrier, I was watching it and just got the oh **** feeling in my gut as the back end kicked out.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
BTCC @ Oulton Park Island - Can't wait for a bit of this in PCars 2 :D
Btcc on itv4 is such fantastic coverage.

Also probably my favourite day at the track track too with everything I've seen (f1, fia gt1 wc, a1gp, wtcc, btcc, wec, time attack, historic gold cup).

So many support series, all are fantastic racing, u get really close to the cars, get to go to the paddocks, see the drivers and all for really good price.

Here's hoping we can get some more btcc types in pcars 2. Hope we get the newer ginetta juniors too just for that little bitty wing to help settle the back end a bit under braking...

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Racing the Morgan at Brands on bank holiday Monday, got spare tickets if anybody wants a day out...

Users who are viewing this thread